Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Azaad

Country flag

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I doubt this second largest road network claim. Is this paved roads only or includes all dirt roads?

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
There's a process. Proper barriers are required around the debris. The whole area can't turn into a bombed out Gaza street.

Every country does maintenance and construction. In better countries, a temporary wooden pathway is kept alongside the construction area for pedestrians. It's ok, 99% of Indians think at your level, so you have company.
No point complaining. Our majority people have low human development and exposure to modern practices in other countries as very few people travel overseas. Transformation has to start at the village level and go upwards. But our villages are extremely backward in thinking and executing development plans.

Azaad

Country flag
I doubt this second largest road network claim. Is this paved roads only or includes all dirt roads?
The article states these are highways / expressways except for one patch between Gondia & Raipur which has a road but is not a highway / expressway. How did you come to the conclusion it's a dirt road stretching all the way to Kolkata from Mumbai ?

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
No point complaining. Our majority people have low human development and exposure to modern practices in other countries as very few people travel overseas. Transformation has to start at the village level and go upwards. But our villages are extremely backward in thinking and executing development plans.
I think it's the other way around. Transformation in Asian tigers started at tier 1 cities, then spread out to tier 2s and villages. Many of the smaller towns and villages in China look like Latin America or Vietnam even today.

(Ignore the clickbait title, this video is quite fascinating regarding rural China)

Azaad

Country flag
I think it's the other way around. Transformation in Asian tigers started at tier 1 cities, then spread out to tier 2s and villages. Many of the smaller towns and villages in China look like Latin America or Vietnam even today.

(Ignore the clickbait title, this video is quite fascinating regarding rural China)

I wouldn't lay much stock in those videos if I were you. They're part of the paid propaganda CCP indulges in . Last year there was a veritable deluge of backpackers from all over the world including half a dozen from India out there at the same time giving us a tour of China & all its achievements which obviously would focus on certain select projects in select areas. Our resident Wumaos were the first to Tom Tom these vloggers out here. That's what gave the game away.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

You do know that these are CCP paid propaganda videos? They have paid a bunch of cringy Indian YT to do so. They do this with white people as well. The whole CCP charade is very annoying with its low IQ propaganda. Only immature kids will fall for it. lol.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
The article states these are highways / expressways except for one patch between Gondia & Raipur which has a road but is not a highway / expressway. How did you come to the conclusion it's a dirt road stretching all the way to Kolkata from Mumbai ?
If these are highways/expressways, no way we have the second largest network. US and China are already there at those spots. Both US and China have highway/expressway networks several times larger than us. We could be possibly 3rd. I think the US and China each have more than 1 lakh km of expressways alone. Both have a grid pattern of access controlled highways that cover their entire countries - east to west, north to south. We just have what 5000 km of expressways? This claim of ours does not make sense. Maybe in the future but not now.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I wouldn't lay much stock in those videos if I were you. They're part of the paid propaganda CCP indulges in . Last year there was a veritable deluge of backpackers from all over the world including half a dozen from India out there at the same time giving us a tour of China & all its achievements which obviously would focus on certain select projects in select areas. Our resident Wumaos were the first to Tom Tom these vloggers out here. That's what gave the game away.
Even if it's CCP propaganda, it proves my point that China's villages are still typical developing country level. In fact the point is even stronger when it's CCP propaganda, since they try to show only the best in their country.

@RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Azaad

Country flag
If these are highways/expressways, no way we have the second largest network. US and China are already there at those spots. Both US and China have highway/expressway networks several times larger than us. We could be possibly 3rd. I think the US and China each have more than 1 lakh km of expressways alone. Both have a grid pattern of access controlled highways that cover their entire countries - east to west, north to south. We just have what 5000 km of expressways? This claim of ours does not make sense. Maybe in the future but not now.
But I don't understand where did you come across our claim we've the second largest network of Expressways in the world ? If you're referring to the article in question , take it with a pinch of salt. Official sources are the ones to be trusted in all such cases as far as claims go .

AnantS

Country flag

Rural china is very similar to rural india, atleast north . barring mao worship. the new house is typical avg new house construction you see here too.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

omaebakabaka

Rural china is very similar to rural india, atleast north . barring mao worship. the new house is typical avg new house construction you see here too.
Not quite similar anymore. Probably 100 times difference on avg now in terms of planning and keeping it somewhat clean. I have seen it firsthand, they are sneaky and lot of littering when no one is around and so on but not quite as bad as us

omaebakabaka

We are not there yet especially when you add quality, maintenance and structure of governing it not to mention the connecting roads. Certainly making progress, tolls and maintenance is atrocious in our country

AnantS

Country flag
Not quite similar anymore. Probably 100 times difference on avg now in terms of planning and keeping it somewhat clean. I have seen it firsthand, they are sneaky and lot of littering when no one is around and so on but not quite as bad as us
umm nope.. villages in north esp himachal, in kerala, goa , Maharashtra are very clean. Kerala has really good management at village level - in terms of cleanliness, roads and parking mgmt. Not only that connectivity has grown much better and with that wealth has also grown in villages. Things have changed a lot in last 20 years. I mean summer trip to Hmachal during summer made me imagine if Himachal would ever see growth and good connectivity. That young me would be visibly taken aback with picture of same areas now. Same with Kerala , rural areas had some jewellery shops and clothes store on par with what you would see in tier 2 cities elsewhere.

omaebakabaka

I
umm nope.. villages in north esp himachal, in kerala, goa , Maharashtra are very clean. Kerala has really good management at village level - in terms of cleanliness, roads and parking mgmt. Not only that connectivity has grown much better and with that wealth has also grown in villages. Things have changed a lot in last 20 years. I mean summer trip to Hmachal during summer made me imagine if Himachal would ever see growth and good connectivity. That young me would be visibly taken aback with picture of same areas now. Same with Kerala , rural areas had some jewellery shops and clothes store on par with what you would see in tier 2 cities elsewhere.
My experience in traveling in India abroad is different in terms of observations from you, I traveled extensively in north, west, south not necessarily east that much beyond Bihar and travel very frequently into east and south east Asia including CCP land. In india, dust, hideous concrete buildings that look random ugly in general combined with extreme littering. Cleaning is surface only as riverside in uttarkhand is full litter and Himachal too.... Just hidden in some spots. Kerala is relatively clean but still on avg Chinese cities and villages are cleaner but not all. I didn't travel there since covid. Indian rural prettiness and structure is replaced by fugly concrete random aesthetics. No planning at all

Landfills don't exist in majority of districts in country that are managed as landfills should be. Just atrocious but am hoping it will be dealt as it's not a immediate priority out of million others

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
I

My experience in traveling in India abroad is different in terms of observations from you, I traveled extensively in north, west, south not necessarily east that much beyond Bihar and travel very frequently into east and south east Asia including CCP land. In india, dust, hideous concrete buildings that look random ugly in general combined with extreme littering. Cleaning is surface only as riverside in uttarkhand is full litter and Himachal too.... Just hidden in some spots. Kerala is relatively clean but still on avg Chinese cities and villages are cleaner but not all. I didn't travel there since covid. Indian rural prettiness and structure is replaced by fugly concrete random aesthetics. No planning at all
In India Its the touristy places that are more littered and chaotic. I am talking Rural India away from Glam. Garbage Mgmt and Zoning in Tourist hotspots esp in Mountainous Touristy places is non existent. Thats get exacerbated due to high density living spaces. I am talking about Rural India in North (North West including himachal and jammu), SOuth and even west. Population density is not high, Garbage output per household is low (Cowdung is not considered Garbage)

Global Defence

Articles