Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Comett

Country flag

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Pune is already a capital in everything from industry to art and culture and not just in Maharashtra but in entire country. Mumbai should remain capital of MH. Otherwise Delhi has its plans ready once the VB is shifted out of Mumbai.
I think these are outdated thoughts. Times have changed. We are not in the age of linguistic state separation movements. Mumbai will always be in MH but the city belongs to all Indians like NY City belongs to all Amreekis. I would look at a traditional MH city especially somewhere in the center of MH for a capital. Also the infrastructure investment in setting up a new capital drives a lot of jobs and gdp. Same goes for Karnataka, Telangana, TamilNadu etc. The capital must be moved out of BLR, HYD, Chennai to other cities located in the middle of these states, preferably underdeveloped areas. These cities belong to all Indians and cannot be subjected to local politics. New thinking is needed for making India vikasit Bharath. New highways, airports, railway stations to these new capitals will drive significant gdp growth and jobs in backward areas.

Atavistic

Country flag
I think these are outdated thoughts. Times have changed. We are not in the age of linguistic state separation movements. Mumbai will always be in MH but the city belongs to all Indians like NY City belongs to all Amreekis. I would look at a traditional MH city especially somewhere in the center of MH for a capital. Also the infrastructure investment in setting up a new capital drives a lot of jobs and gdp. Same goes for Karnataka, Telangana, TamilNadu etc. The capital must be moved out of BLR, HYD, Chennai to other cities located in the middle of these states, preferably underdeveloped areas. These cities belong to all Indians and cannot be subjected to local politics. New thinking is needed for making India vikasit Bharath. New highways, airports, railway stations to these new capitals will drive significant gdp growth and jobs in backward areas.
You can't compare politics in NY with MH. Such Comparison is flawed. You can talk as much as you want. Fact is Mumbai will continue remain capital of MH.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
You can't compare politics in NY with MH. Such Comparison is flawed. You can talk as much as you want. Fact is Mumbai will continue remain capital of MH.
We shall see. If you want a Vikasit Bharat, such mentalities will have to change. No one attained their full development potential by holding onto such outdated thoughts. At some point, economics will drive everything. If massive GDP can be added to MH by building a capital in a backward area in the middle of the state, that project will be demanded and done.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
As a atheistic civilational nationalist, from a purely practical point of view, I would love the whole of india to be mixed into an indistinguisable mass both in terms of superficial characteristics,language ,culture and religion. With only exception being retaining only indic religions. Because even though you will lose a lot of cultural practises and state uniqueness, the massive upside of creating a populace that can't even think of separation in any form and hence can't offer any type of anti national resistance would make up for it many times over. Already because of the way modern life mixes people and the modern economy works,this trend is slowly going my way.

Already I view my own state kerala as fungible to the whole country, so I don't care if it gets subsumed by other Indians as long as they are Indians and not illegals or foeigners.its better this way .

diversity is overrated

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
As a atheistic civilational nationalist, from a purely practical point of view, I would love the whole of india to be mixed into an indistinguisable mass both in terms of superficial characteristics,language ,culture and religion. With only exception being retaining only indic religions. Because even though you will lose a lot of cultural practises and state uniqueness, the massive upside of creating a populace that can't even think of separation in any form and hence can't offer any type of anti national resistance would make up for it many times over. Already because of the way modern life mixes people and the modern economy works,this trend is slowly going my way.

Already I view my own state kerala as fungible to the whole country, so I don't care if it gets subsumed by other Indians as long as they are Indians and not illegals or foeigners.its better this way .

diversity is overrated
All this I cannot buy land in Kashmir or nagaland or HP this or that permit to enter states has to go away for legal indian citizens. This fear monger that everyone will settle in J&K or Sikkim should be removed. All of India belongs to all Indians, especially ones that follow sanathan dharm. This was how it was centuries ago. We need to get back to that position.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
mumbai nd delhi hv same population near 3 million...delhi is UT now. do u think mumbai as a capital is good idea, when it is melting point of all india??
dont think personally i care, mumbai as capital or as UT. coz i m home sick person nd never want to leave my state (uttarakhand) to live other place. but just for country point of view, mumbai become far bigger than a state capital. best option is, it should be declare "economic capital of india". so pune is good choice to develop as state of Maharashtra. which represents maratha culture more.
this is just outside view, so dont get triggere if u r maharashtrian. i know maharastra people hv emotional feeling with mumbai. but UT hv its own benefits, compaire to state capital. we need to build 4-5 mumbai nd delhi like center in country. which can be melting point of culture nd economic point in country.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
All this I cannot buy land in Kashmir or nagaland or HP this or that permit to enter states has to go away for legal indian citizens. This fear monger that everyone will settle in J&K or Sikkim should be removed. All of India belongs to all Indians, especially ones that follow sanathan dharm. This was how it was centuries ago. We need to get back to that position.
yes u r right...but in case of himalayan state. they cant hold bigger population nd infrastructure like other states. centuries ago we dont hv that big population, today's materialistic things for living nd neither we need today type of infrastructure etc to live. those time we live sustainable life with nature.
yes tourist permits should be removed...but buying lands nd number of tourists should be limited in these "sensitive eco places/zones".

Last edited:

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
yes u r right...but in case of himalayan state. they cant hold bigger population nd infrastructure like other states. centuries ago we dont hv that big population, today's materialistic things for living nd neither we need today type of infrastructure etc to live. those time we live sustainable life with nature.
yes tourist permits should be removed...but buying lands nd number of tourists should be limited in these "sensitive eco places/zones".
The Himalayan states can always increase the property registration fees or add some environmental protection fees to make the ownership in these states expensive. This will not only reduce Joshimath type cheap and unsustainable constructions, but also give revenues to the state to enforce building codes in these hill areas. There is a solution for everything. If there are people who can afford to live in higher priced, environmentally well built homes in hill states, they should be able to do so. Blanket banning non-residents of the state is not a good public policy.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
The Himalayan states can always increase the property registration fees or add some environmental protection fees to make the ownership in these states expensive. This will not only reduce Joshimath type cheap and unsustainable constructions, but also give revenues to the state to enforce building codes in these hill areas. There is a solution for everything. If there are people who can afford to live in higher priced, environmentally well built homes in hill states, they should be able to do so. Blanket banning non-residents of the state is not a good public policy.
housing or cheap construction isnt that big problem, than making roads, dams etc to sustain higher population. even if u make quality home, what will u do if land itself is sinking (like in joshimath case). himalayan is new build mountain range, thats why its very fragile nd indian tactonic plate still collapsing toward eurasian plate. thats why it cant hold much population, whoes life style is very materialistic.
ur suggestion is good for dehradun like planes, where we hv no problem from other state people living (if that can sustain that much population)...but not good for hilly places like mussoorie etc. planes r very less in himalayan states. nature conservation nd sefty of currently living people in state is more important, than making more money.

Dr_Deep

Country flag

diversity is overrated
In a nutshell .. Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer ( One People, One Nation and One Leader)

Dr_Deep

Country flag

West Bangladesh didn't participate
This chomu dissing on Kolkata is from Mumbai.. the city with the largest slum Dharav..a literal eye sore and a bad impression for any Foreigner visiting India for the first. One can literally see moutains of slum shanties while landing at CSMT Airport in Mumbai. At least in Kolkata Airport its not like that. The worst places of Kolkata are mostly the place where Samudai vishesh lives in huge numbers.. I am from Kolkata especially South Kolkata a neighbourhood built during the British times with proper street and drainage etc.
New Delhi being clean...lol one has to step out the New Delhi Railway station on Paharganj side to smell the 'Fresh Air' thats make me vomit. Point is every big city in India is going to dirty as well noisy.

Azaad

Country flag
This chomu dissing on Kolkata is from Mumbai.. the city with the largest slum Dharav..a literal eye sore and a bad impression for any Foreigner visiting India for the first. One can literally see moutains of slum shanties while landing at CSMT Airport in Mumbai. At least in Kolkata Airport its not like that. The worst places of Kolkata are mostly the place where Samudai vishesh lives in huge numbers.. I am from Kolkata especially South Kolkata a neighbourhood built during the British times with proper street and drainage etc.
New Delhi being clean...lol one has to step out the New Delhi Railway station on Paharganj side to smell the 'Fresh Air' thats make me vomit. Point is every big city in India is going to dirty as well noisy.
Yes , precisely. If you didn't notice , this ranking system is about who's on the top of the dung heap. And yet , West Bangladesh didn't choose to participate in such an contest whose aims are obvious. Says a lot about their confidence , no ? What bongo thinks today India thinks tomm ....

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
housing or cheap construction isnt that big problem, than making roads, dams etc to sustain higher population. even if u make quality home, what will u do if land itself is sinking (like in joshimath case). himalayan is new build mountain range, thats why its very fragile nd indian tactonic plate still collapsing toward eurasian plate. thats why it cant hold much population, whoes life style is very materialistic.
ur suggestion is good for dehradun like planes, where we hv no problem from other state people living (if that can sustain that much population)...but not good for hilly places like mussoorie etc. planes r very less in himalayan states. nature conservation nd sefty of currently living people in state is more important, than making more money.
Luckily we already have a home in UK in the hills when it was part of UP. 😇🍷

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles