Infrastructure and Energy Sector

SKC

Country flag
Let's be realistic. China has some of the most modern cities in the world yet their tycoons are seeking alternatives if not relocating themselves lock stock & barrel to city states like Singapore.

Arguably India's not China nor are the motivations of their tycoons for moving out the same as ours. Besides we see tycoons in UK seek Swiss citizenship to avoid the punishing tax regime there including other nations in the EU accelerated by Brexit .

But yes , your larger point is well taken .
China does not let same people remain as Tycoons for long. If you check their list of billionaires every 5 years there will be major changes. So, Chinese Billionaires try to find other countries to move to in order to retain their wealth.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Are you'll talking about millionaires or billionaires .Even the US has net outflow of millionaires these days
In the US, billionaires and multimillionaires usually stay. I mean billionaires in the US can buy an entire beach off the California coast or a huge ocean front property in Hawaii etc. All of them have multiple mansions, yachts, TV shows, etc. They also get to run for President. Billionaires own the US. They set the laws, control the courts and police….everything. And pay very little taxes. What is not to like?

karn

Country flag
In the US, billionaires and multimillionaires usually stay. I mean billionaires in the US can buy an entire beach off the California coast or a huge ocean front property in Hawaii etc. All of them have multiple mansions, yachts, TV shows, etc. They also get to run for President. Billionaires own the US. They set the laws, control the courts and police….everything. And pay very little taxes. What is not to like?
What do you make of these articles
Around 88,000 millionaires relocated internationally in 2022, according to Henley & Partners‘ research. In 2023, that number is forecast to hit 125,000, surpassing the 2019 level.
The net inflow of high-net-worth individuals to the US plummeted 86% in 2022 from peak pre-pandemic levels, falling to just 1,500 people, according to a new wealth report by London-based consultancy Henley & Partners.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

US has more than a million millionaires I read somewhere. I think immigrant millionaires leave at some point. These are probably more from other developed countries so their lifestyle won’t change too much. Many US millionaires I believe move to Switzerland, New Zealand etc.

Azaad

Country flag
US has more than a million millionaires I read somewhere. I think immigrant millionaires leave at some point. These are probably more from other developed countries so their lifestyle won’t change too much. Many US millionaires I believe move to Switzerland, New Zealand etc.
Frankly I think we should focus on whether these millionaires & billionaires are still invested in our country & growing their businesses here as opposed to where do they reside.

For the record , the late Pallonji Mistry , father of the late Cyrus Mistry , ex Chairman of Tata Sons- the holding company of the Tata group & biggest individual shareholder in it was an Irish citizen & was the richest Irish citizen at that , by virtue of his wife being born there yet had practically all his investments & businesses in India living in India for most of his lifetime with an expensive manor & a stud farm (?) Or just a farm in Ireland where he resided temporarily to stick to the rules of citizenship in Ireland which stipulated that a citizen ought to spend a certain amount of time in that country to retain his / her citizenship.

SKC

Country flag

It is rather easy to earn $1 Million in US. They usually move to some place where this Million Dollar be considered as multiple millions in local currency and live easy life.

Concard

Country flag
I am not sure whether I should be happy when I see increasing car sales in the country. Our city roads are terrible with barely any parking spaces. Our drivers are fucking morons. Our cities are congested as it is with narrow roads. More cars only add to congestion and pollution not to mention terrible quality of life with all the noise which comes with increasing number of vehicles in the city. If we do not build new cities with modern high class infrastructure catering to public transportation and if we do not redevelop the existing Tier 1 cities, we are in for a huge nightmare which will make many people run away from city in few decades.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am not sure whether I should be happy when I see increasing car sales in the country. Our city roads are terrible with barely any parking spaces. Our drivers are fucking morons. Our cities are congested as it is with narrow roads. More cars only add to congestion and pollution not to mention terrible quality of life with all the noise which comes with increasing number of vehicles in the city. If we do not build new cities with modern high class infrastructure catering to public transportation and if we do not redevelop the existing Tier 1 cities, we are in for a huge nightmare which will make many people run away from city in few decades.
on the congestion bit, how many km of roads this traffic congestions happens?

an attempt to narrow down the problem statement.

out of lakhs of kms of urban roads, i suppose a 2000 kms of urban roads will have 90% of congestion and about 5000 km will have 50% of congestion.

going with the same logic, focus needs to be on those specific areas.

guess work from my end, data available on hand would have been nice.

omaebakabaka

on the congestion bit, how many km of roads this traffic congestions happens?

an attempt to narrow down the problem statement.

out of lakhs of kms of urban roads, i suppose a 2000 kms of urban roads will have 90% of congestion and about 5000 km will have 50% of congestion.

going with the same logic, focus needs to be on those specific areas.

guess work from my end, data available on hand would have been nice.
Urban public transport is the only decent measure combined with bike and walk infrastructure and some level of city planning to create clusters.....mutli car households with high rise apartments as basic household unit is a death sentence and display of extreme stupidity and irresponsibility of both governments and citizens equally. Eat shit and inhale smoke and drink even more bullshit and die with this kind of growth. Development without discretion is dangerous as Ramayana puts it. Sensible urban poilicies that are original, innovative and adapted to Indian lifestyle is what government should device policies around, not copycat bs from other countries that have peanut size micro populations

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles