Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Crazywithmath

Country flag

As expected, the Russians are delaying one of the most important infrastructure projects. IR should've banned these sanctioned ruski companies from participating in the tender itself.

If they redo the tender again, we'll lose at least 1 year of production.

As expected lol.

Delta Squad

Country flag

As expected lol.

In the mean time, Titagarh has already signed deal for 80 Vande Bharat 4 days ago

Crazywithmath

Country flag

In the mean time, Titagarh has already signed deal for 80 Vande Bharat 4 days ago
Russia is sanctioned; babus should have disqualified TMH from the tendering process.

Anyway, TMH was the lowest bidder (quoted absurdly low) and Titagarh were offered to match their offer; what happens now? Will they move to L2 and L3? What happens with the agreement with Titagarh then? If TMH withdraws why would they bother to match such absurd prices?

Delta Squad

Country flag
Russia is sanctioned; babus should have disqualified TMH from the tendering process.

Anyway, TMH was the lowest bidder (quoted absurdly low) and Titagarh were offered to match their offer; what happens now? Will they move to L2 and L3? What happens with the agreement with Titagarh then? If TMH withdraws why would they bother to match such absurd prices?
My guess, since the contract with Titagarh is already signed it will be carried out as planned. TMH has not completely withdrawn till now and probably manufacturing will begin by the time they officially do. As for what will happen to the 120 VB contract, I don't know, maybe another tender will be floated as told in the tweet. Understanding the thought process of a sarkari Babu is an art in itself, that need absurd level of dumbness

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

it's our babus and retired babus who give these sort of ideas to foreign companies, for commission.
if some company asks for an idea( in this case to drag the tendering process), they will be given one for a commission.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Don't take CGI made by railway babus for granted. There's a high chance you'll be shocked when you see the final redeveloped station.
Ya'll Nibbiars This are under the PPP model so should be better than the others.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
GIFT was never meant to be some "financial capital" of India replacing Mumbai. Its just a greenfield financial Central Business District.

If I had to draw an analogy, what Hong Kong is to China is what GIFT is meant to be for India and what Shanghai is to China is what Mumbai is to India.
GIFT is an IFSC while Mumbai is not. That is the difference. Some Businesses listed in Mauritius and Singapore - both are IFSCs - will move to GIFT City. Sometimes I wonder why people like @Atavistic open their mouth and say anything.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

As expected lol.
This was always going to happen. Russia is not a very good business deal making country. It is one thing to have the product. It is another thing to do proper deals, marketing, quality control, after sales service etc. Russians and Chinese suck at business development and depend on lowest prices to win deals. Indians and Americans are very good at building sustainable businesses. Very different approaches.

Coalmine

Country flag

I had already said tender can always be scrapped or L1 bidder can be removed based on predicted future. No one can question in court.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I had already said tender can always be scrapped or L1 bidder can be removed based on predicted future. No one can question in court.
There is no way Russians can deliver on time with the war going on. They barely have labor to make war spare parts. But Russians have a lot of rupees to spend due to India’s oil buys in rupees. The whole thing is tricky. I hope the Russians can sort it out.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles