India's Moon Exploration Program

Vamsi

Country flag
Possibly getting a bit jittery about reelection so doing those things
GS & other r/ISRO redditors should not forget who approved Gaganyaan, Exoworlds (it's already approved in 2019 itseems, hence SHAPE was flown on CY-3 PM) etc.....they want all these missions, but doesn't want to give the credit where it's due....

Vamsi

Country flag
Very much not expected from him,unprofessional behavior
I was watching his stream and everyone there was abusing PM for giving speech
He's PM of the country and head of dept of space,why wouldn't he congratulate scientists?
When Shenzhou-5 was launched, the then president of China was present at that launch, for countries like us, political PR is also very important....people often forget that political support is the key to these....science is only secondary here

Indrajit

Country flag
I was watching his stream and everyone there was abusing PM for giving speech
Even if we support Modi, it was a bit irritating to see his image in the last few seconds of the landing because DD decided that was more important than showing the details of the landing itself. Following it was an unnecessarily long speech (for the occasion) instead of being brief and congratulatory. Maybe it plays well with a lot of people, I wasn't one of them

RedHood108

Country flag
A bit overdone. Nehru's contribution to many things was immense, ISRO among them. Dismissing it is pointless just as all credit being given to him is stupidity. Some nuance is necessary.
How ?

Nehru died in 1964. And ISRO was founded in 1969.

It's true INCOSPAR was founded in 1962, but what significant difference Nehu made in last 2 years of his life.

SUPERCO was also founded in 1961 we know where they are technologically right now.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
GS & other r/ISRO redditors should not forget who approved Gaganyaan, Exoworlds (it's already approved in 2019 itseems, hence SHAPE was flown on CY-3 PM) etc.....they want all these missions, but doesn't want to give the credit where it's due....
I don't know what to tell you. Does he deserve appreciation for those? Yes. He will get it.

But right now, it is the hour of the scientists. Let them bask in the glory. Modi is no small man, he is much more known than the scientists, than anyone else in India. Giving up immediate credit and limelight to scientists will not harm him as a leader at all, instead show him in a favorable light.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles