India's Moon Exploration Program

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Haven't heard about any official news on an RTEG for Chandrayaan-4 ---- but 2 years back, there was an EOI from ISRO for a 100W RTEG(similar in class to the RTG onboard NASA's Curiosity Mars rover).

View attachment 219294

Whereas, the JAXA brochure for their lunar program shows the LUPEX mission having an "Operation period" for over "half a year". So, I don't know how we'll manage to stay online for that long without a proper RTEG or RHU?

Another option sans an RTEG or RHU could be through chemical heating and insulation like in the Chinese Zhuron Mars rover. Don't know how effective that'll be. Last I heard, the Chinese were having issues receiving signals from the Zhurong. But, what other option is there if an RTEG or RHU proves to be too complex to develop in time?

View attachment 219295
ISRO & BARC's RTEG efforts have more than been a decade long.
It has nothing to with Chandrayaan-4. Nor they will be used on it as they are nowhere in sight.

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
How do they land the mooncraft,by inputting manual commands or some automated command sequences?
Automated command sequences probably
Ask @Indx TechStyle
@Alamarathan ji
@Tactical Doge
@Lonewarrior
@Lonewolf bhediya
@Haldilal
@Haldiram
@Cheepek
@thebakofbakchod
@Blank
@SKC
@ezsasa ji
@Dharmic_Crusader
@Dharani
@FalconSlayers pandit ji
@Bleh
@Chinmoy ji
@Azad ji
@ALBY
@Corvus Splendens crow
@here2where from chera land
@gslv markIII
@Swesh ji
@defence forum india website

For more confirmation

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
How do they land the mooncraft,by inputting manual commands or some automated command sequences?
All automated once command for landing is given.

Swesh

Chandrayaan-3 Mission: All set to initiate the Automatic Landing Sequence (ALS). Awaiting the arrival of Lander Module (LM) at the designated point, around 17:44 Hrs. IST.

Upon receiving the ALS command, the LM activates the throttleable engines for powered descent. The mission operations team will keep confirming the sequential execution of commands.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I know sh*t about satellite and stuff but I'm guessing this based on my knowledge about UAVs. Most of the modern UAVs and even some private jets nowadays have RTB or Return To Base (sometimes Home in civilian application) option. Once you press the autopilot will safely land you to one of its predetermined airstrips.

Manually you only have two commands; initiate and abort. After initiation the autopilot starts taking data from multiple (and redundant) sensors like radio altimeter, accelerometer, gyroscope, etc to do the landing.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Now I want to read our resident (all-in-one expert) Dhruv Thatti’s take on non-linear predictive control algorithm that will govern CY-3 lander’s automated landing on lunar surface. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
Now I want to read our resident Dhruv Thatti’s take on non-linear predictive control algorithm that will govern CY-3 lander’s automated landing on lunar surface. :pound::pound::pound::pound:
Kon hai dhruv tatti jo dfi par vaas karta hai ,?
Kyu uska koi alag naam bhi hai ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles