India's Moon Exploration Program

vampyrbladez

Country flag
While I agree with fast tracking chandryaan3. I don't think GAGAN YAN has any connection to it.

Soft landing on moon is very difficult with vaccum , wobbly gravity and lack of proper visual , understanding of topography.

While recovering crew in a splash in bay of Bengal is rather easy because gravity is known as fixed on earth , winds slow down the craft. And it splashes in water.

We only failed in vertical soft landing at precise location . If we used previous methods of bounced landing like USA did many time we'd be successful just the location won't be precise because the Lander will bounce multiple times.
SpaceX took 11 attempts to perfect soft landing technology. Chinks got their tech from Russia ; US and Russia developed it through trial and error like SpaceX.

I agree with the Bay of Bengal part as well. Thus is probably the route we will take. However before all this Sun/Venus missions we need to perfect this soft lander technology.

Hence a launch in 2021-2022 sounds good as now we have a technical liaison with Russian space agency and ESA. Also launching test of module as re-entry payload could also give us the necessary data.

shankyz

Country flag
‘First of all, I am an Indian’: ISRO chief Sivan wins hearts with his reply

People took to Twitter to show respect for presenting the national identity first.

“First of all, I am an Indian.” With this reply, the chairperson of the Indian Space Research Organisation Dr Kailasavadivoo Sivan won millions of hearts. The interviewer from Sun TV had asked him as a Tamilian, having attained such a big position, what he had to say to people from Tamil Nadu.

“I joined ISRO as an Indian. ISRO is a place where people from all regions and languages work and contribute. But I am grateful to my brothers who celebrate me,” he said.

People took to Twitter to show respect for presenting the national identity first.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-...lunbzrZi2M_amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

sorcerer

Country flag
Is there any indian DSN site like NASA DSN ?
Errr...nope..I suppose..
We use the Network of NASA...read somewhere that we are using the DSN of NASA for the chandrayan mission...with our own network center in Karnataka

IndianHawk

Country flag
SpaceX took 11 attempts to perfect soft landing technology. Chinks got their tech from Russia ; US and Russia developed it through trial and error like SpaceX.

I agree with the Bay of Bengal part as well. Thus is probably the route we will take. However before all this Sun/Venus missions we need to perfect this soft lander technology.

Hence a launch in 2021-2022 sounds good as now we have a technical liaison with Russian space agency and ESA. Also launching test of module as re-entry payload could also give us the necessary data.
Mission to sun and Venus are mere orbitars and have nothing to do with soft landing now.

republic_roi97

Country flag
However before all this Sun/Venus missions we need to perfect this soft lander technology.
Good luck for soft landing on a surface with temperature of 5600°C with pressures that'd crush you in a billionth of a second. I think you meant soft landing on Moon or perhaps mars. Before anything.

Skyh3ck

All planet have different situation so what you learn on one may not help in other planet.. moon and mars and Venus and Jupiter all are very different.. landing is very difficult on any planet. But sending orbitor or kind of a crash impact is easy

IndianHawk

Country flag
By my statement I mean priority not similarity. Root of all future missions by lander is mastery of soft lander technology.
I understand that . I'm just pointing out we have no other landing mission in proposal other than chandryaan3 right now.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Why Is It So Damn Hard to Land on the Moon?

Spacecraft descending toward the lunar surface face a number of challenges. There are high levels of radiation to contend with, and as a spacecraft begins its descent, solar reflections can saturate the instruments and backscattered communication signals may interfere with the primary communication system, says Kobrick.

But the last 10 meters of the descent can be especially challenging. As the spacecraft gets closer to the surface, it kicks up dust, which can jam the lander’s many navigational sensors. Lidar instruments, for example, which use lasers to map the moon’s surface in order to help the craft find the ideal landing spot, may struggle to pinpoint important surface features.

Vikram endeavored to be the first lander to reach the moon’s resource-rich south pole. When ISRO’s Chandrayaan-1 discovered water on the moon, most of the chemical signatures for water ice deposits were found in craters along the moon’s poles. Ice found inside these craters and within the lunar soil could provide a vital source of water as humans venture back to the lunar surface and eventually to Mars. “That’s why the poles are such a big target,” Kobrick says.

Previous missions have opted for landing sites closer to the equator because it takes less energy and less propulsion to get there, Kobrick says. The trajectory to get to the moon’s equator is much simpler, and requires fewer complicated maneuvers. And because the poles are tucked away in the shadows, communication is tougher to establish.

Kobrick argues that, no matter what, the Chandrayaan-2 mission increased ISRO's mission. “Around the world, there were people watching who were not thinking about going to the moon,” says Kobrick. “The more we see international investment into humanity's future in the cosmos, the higher probability we'll actually get people interested in making it happen.”

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a28979889/india-moon-landing-failure/

Respect for ISRO has increased many folds.

If they just wanted to land, they could have chosen a safe spot on the equator and that would have been done more easily.

Yet in the interests of further knowledge quest and scientific endeavor they choose an unexplored area a grey territory for which much information is not available about its environment. The data from their failure will be of interest to other space agencies who have targeted South Pole to explore.

rajesh agarawal

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Currently GOLDSTONE sending signal to Lander and orbiter both. But receiving signal coming in orbiter. Is it possible data of lander coming from orbiter ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles