India's Future Main Battle Tank, NGMBT

warriorextreme

Country flag
Better import some generals from Russia and Israel, insted of equipments
dude if it wasn't our generals then we would have never won any battle against pakis so decisively..they always had american equipments which outnumbered us before kargil..
remember longewala??

instead of importing general why dont you become a general??
its easy to criticize huhh??

san

http://http://www.indianexpress.com/news/need-tank-of-international-quality-says-arm/238796/
dude if it wasn't our generals then we would have never won any battle against pakis so decisively..they always had american equipments which outnumbered us before kargil..
remember longewala??

instead of importing general why dont you become a general??
its easy to criticize huhh??
Frankly we never won a battle so decisively if we consider our wars with paks compared to what russian and isralel's fought. 71 is liitle bit different but Paks also have lot of restriction. Also India becomes much more corrupt in last 20 years i.e well after 1971. About generals no country will import generals and it is a jock but we have to remamber the quote on Arjun " What we have now is a mid level technology but we require the futuristic/international technology to fight bla bla bla.............". The general that quoted this phase is not so much inspiration to the young army officiers and jawans after getting flats for Kargil widows in Mumbai.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/need-tank-of-international-quality-says-arm/238796/

Why you not give the same suggestion to all the news channel " Insted of criticizing politicians or corrupt officials, why all journalist becomes politician or officials"?

Last edited:

Pandora

Country flag
yep!i agree with SAN ,remember this line mates - Those who loves their country,should also know how to criticize it on wrong move. Else we also going to endup like pakistan . Fake news ,fake information,fake chest thumping etc etc . We won 3wars and out of which 71 was major one,but now do you think people that Indian army stands anywhere to defend against china ? Am not talking about paki ,as it takes maximum 6days to capture their islamabad . But what about china ,do we stand anywhere ?

p2prada

We know well the reason for cancellation. Popovkin made the argument quite clear at the round table. Russia lacks technology in transmissions, power packs, C4ISR and big engines. If you don't have an engine powerful enough to haul a 55t tank around, there is little incentive to produce it. The prototype is sitting at UMZ right now, already reviewed by the general staff and funding cut for the last 18 months. Russia is spending $600 billion on rearmament by 2020. Money for much needed modern tanks would not be hard to find if they had a product worth building. T-95 is another one of those Soviet Era designs that are not worth proceeding with.

As for the 2nd statement, it is fact as they have declared the attempt to build an electric drive tank. MIC doesn't have the capability to make such a vehicle without mass importation of production technology.

The future of the Russian military is very much like that of India. Two nations highly dependent on imported technology.
I have to agree, but only to an extent. There is a possibility there is a new tank prototype on the table to be ready by 2020. I don't know if we are linked to the project and we may not be too. However the Russians are looking at new generation tanks between 20 and 40 tons. The engine and transmission is a possible roadblock even for India in the FMBT project. But we can always link our project with anything Israel many be planning.

p2p the abject faliure of the T-serise tanks in the not so destant Gerogian-russo conflict should have served as a wake up call for the DG amour IA but alas that hasnt been the case
Not a point of contention. Any tank including Abrams will pop up like a Christmas tree when air power is used. If all 3 tanks are in the battlefield, the Arjun and Abrams will be the first to go followed by the T-type. Small size matters.

Tank vs tank is different and tanks are only meant for that along with tank vs infantry. Tank vs Artillery or Tank vs Air power is a gross mismatch.

what the IA operates is a monkey Model of the T-72
Agreed. The T-72s armour is indeed weaker than Arjun or T-90. But we cannot simply afford mixing armour with mobility. The T-72s are by far our most mobile tanks. Also we cannot afford supply chains for different tanks. The army like the T-types more than Arjun. So, why give them something they don't want.

Well Mr.p2prada go to this link see for urself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

fools like you who underestimate VEDAS and VEDA SHASTRA should see it, read it and then comment about it............

Never insult VEDAS.......
Haha. Nice link.

This is what I read from the said link.
A study by aeronautical and mechanical engineering at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1974 concluded that the aircraft described in the text were "poor concoctions" and that the author showed a complete lack of understanding of aeronautics

Last edited:

p2prada

@gogobot
I don't have the time or the patience to repeat everything said before. So go through the T-90 thread. We have discussed Firepower, armour, gun ratings, ballistics, supplies and even the future of tank warfare. It is 34 pages long and is a lengthy ready, but it will answer a lot of your questions. It will answer a lot of questions that you haven't thought of yet.

The T-90s firepower and armour is indeed superior. The T-90M even more so.

Most of your post is more emotions than hard facts. Indigenous capability must never come at the expense of army preparedness.

The Arjun GSQR may be successful but it defeats the purpose of indegnization when more than half the equipment is foreign. The T-90 being fully foreign is a moot point in the discussion since the supply partner is reliable. The T-90 deal was struck in the backdrop of military sanctions after Pokhran tests and that is an important chapter in history when even the smallest pieces of equipment was denied to India.

FMBT isn't being manufactured from thin air. It follows the development of Arjun Mk1 and Mk2. The army is currently only interested in FMBT. It will be a whole new tank.

reliability of t types ? , what the hell does that mean.
Figure out for yourselves.

Tell me how many logistics routes , spares and number of soldiers are needed to run these So called "test beds" for there regiments
Compare 124 Arjuns to 1600 T-90s.

The Army order its first set of Arjun Tanks in 2000. Funny considering they wanted to cancel it before.
And got its first delivery only in 2007. LOL. It was supposed to be cancelled in 1998, but MoD pressured the continuation of the tank. Heck we were sanctioned. No German engines, transmissions and tracks, no Israeli FCS, no NATO shells. So, why will the army even continue the project. Even now it is the same story.

Even if we induct 500 Arjuns now, delivery will realistically end only post 2020. At 50 tanks/year there is only so much that can be done. In the same time period we will get 1000 T-90s. From 2020 onwards Army wants its FMBT. Not a realistic setting. Army will end up with 46 ton T-90, 60 ton Arjun and 40 ton FMBT. We will look like fools.

The current plan is to push our T-72s slightly beyond 2020, induct T-90s until 2020 and then induct FMBT after 2020. Cleaner and more realistic. So, we will have only 2 MBTs post 2020 instead of 3 or 4. Arjun's failure made us induct T-90s after its terrible performance at tests in the period between 1997 and 2000. Sanctions sounded the death knell to Arjun.

US and NATO ?
Yhea tell me what tanks are those you are talking about
Not tanks, air power.

So who in the world make these 2010+ tanks , or has even them ?

But wait you say this is not a cause for concern now, but you don't want to induct Arjun because it will be a cause for concern 2020+ ,
While at the same time you want to push the 1000+ T-72's another 20 years till 2030. By which point it will be 50 years old, more or less.
Everybody is going for new generation tanks based on their economic capacity. The US has already started a $200Billion program to replace a lot of their existing capability. India is going for a 40tons FMBT while Israel, Japan and Russia are also planning something on the same lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZe8jOuGpo

As of 2010 India does not need such a futuristic tank simply because our enemies do not have an air power comparable to US or NATO. Hope that answers your previous question.

No one is asking them to replace the entire t-72 line , the benefits of inducting a few more Arjun tanks as opposed to upgrading a few 100 t-72's far outweigh any loss.
That is what is being done. Arjuns are being inducted in token numbers for tests while the T-types will be our main force to operate in enemy environment.

40 ton T types and 60 Ton Arjun type tanks follow different operation procedures and have different doctrines. It will be stupid for the army to go for 2 different tanks with 2 different doctrines and 2 different supply lines. It takes at least a decade to set up a proper doctrine for new weapon systems. So, if the Army goes for Arjun now, it will have to create a new doctrine which will only be realistically be ready by 2020 and then suddenly start testing a new doctrine for the FMBT. The T-72 is as important as the FMBT to validate any new doctrine that we are trying to develop with networking in mind.

LCA isn't as good as the MRCAs. It's radar output is lower, payload and range are lower. Also, flight dynamics on every other MRCA fighter is superior to the LCA. The LCA Mk2 may offset some technological hurdles, but there is a limit to what our first project can do. This has to be taken to a separate thread.

Tomcat

p2p the T-72M is in no class to be compared to The arjun and a russian built T-72 for domestic use is more suraivable than the M models we oprate because they are built with superior qauility meterials the inferior 3VBM8/3BM17/18 APFSDS 125 mm smoothbore rounds were exported for use in the T-72 family of tanks. It was specifically designed for export and had a penetration of sloped amor at 2000 m that was half as much as that of the original Soviet models if the IA liks the T serise so much then why did they draw up the GSQR for an tank like the arjun ???

p2prada

p2p the T-72M is in no class to be compared to The arjun and a russian built T-72 for domestic use is more suraivable than the M models we oprate because they are built with superior qauility meterials the inferior 3VBM8/3BM17/18 APFSDS 125 mm smoothbore rounds were exported for use in the T-72 family of tanks. It was specifically designed for export and had a penetration of sloped amor at 2000 m that was half as much as that of the original Soviet models
We have a modified tank gun called the 2A46 Maple meant for the T-72 upgrades which is only a notch below the Arjun's gun and much below the T-90's gun 2A46M-5. The old Soviet Union did indeed sell us downgraded stuff on tanks. But not now. We are getting top notch stuff now along with their best guns and ammo.

if the IA liks the T serise so much then why did they draw up the GSQR for an tank like the arjun ???
The T-90 wasn't invented then. IA wanted a tank superior to the T-72 which they got. But the Russians gave us a tank better than Arjun in 2000. Also, there was a chance the Americans were going to sell the M1 Abrams to the Pakistanis. We needed something to counter that psychology rather than technologically. That's one of the principle reasons why a third GSQR was drawn up in '85.

The reason T-90 was chosen was simple. The Arjuns failed 1997-2000 tests miserably. No chance of fixing problems because of sanctions. Pakistanis choosing the T-80UD from Ukraine.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Next generation MBT (40t class)TK-X JAPAN

Good for mountains, the chassis will be of Type 89 IFV..

Not Very different from Anders...

gogbot

@p2prada

Most of your post is more emotions than hard facts.
Will not argue with that point( i am a bit disappointed with my self). I wrote it up late at nigh very annoyed with you answering only a few of my points. Plus Sometimes when i talk Arjun something inside me just makes me Angry.
Hope you don't view that as the quality of my posts or points

Anyway
Given you Don't want to answer my questions(Since they probably are buried in that thread) , i gain nothing by writing them. I will aim to keep my posts far more to the point. Since i do have a few questions to ask.

The Arjun GSQR may be successful but it defeats the purpose of indegnization when more than half the equipment is foreign.
Indeginization of hardware is always subject to change. The more the tank is orders the more likely that more equipment can be sourced from local supplier

Level of indeginisation has not stopped the Army or IAF from showing interest in LCH.

We all talk about the Indian private sector , having a bigger role in defense. That's all about building and sourcing the various parts like the threads , electronics etc.

Sadly Sure high technology items like the engine , can only be built by DRDO, right now at least.
But don't you think that given more orders and the time frame of those orders the levels of indigenous items will also rise , to at least well above 50%. As more supplier get roped in.

FMBT isn't being manufactured from thin air. It follows the development of Arjun Mk1 and Mk2. The army is currently only interested in FMBT. It will be a whole new tank.
This is one of the points i was trying to make , by manufacturing and putting the Arjun in serivce , the Manufacturing and supply chain can be established by the time the FMBT roles around.

By not making the Arjun , even now in as many small numbers as we do , we will undoubtedly run into Manufacturing roadblocks for the FMBT in the future.

reliability of t types ?
Figure out for yourselves.
May need a bit more from you then that.
What info are using to say that the T type is more reliable than the Arjun.

I mean truth be told , the t-90's have to be fitted with AC's to run in the desert.
While the Arjun can do without.

I think there is bias in your statement regarding the T series reliability.

Arjun has not even been in service long enough to make that determination.
Sure you have another point right here.

But stating superior reliability to the t series seems to be unsubstantial.

compare 124 Arjuns to 1600 T-90s.
But you are getting away from the point , 124 MKII's require a lot of logistics set up, troops and maintenance. It's a waste if all their going to be is testbeds .

Army will end up with 46 ton T-90, 60 ton Arjun and 40 ton FMBT. We will look like fools.
We kinda already order 372 Arjuns so we already have that scenario.

If you are opposed to that scenario so much we could always get rid of the T-90, lol .

That is what is being done. Arjuns are being inducted in token numbers for tests while the T-types will be our main force to operate in enemy environment.

40 ton T types and 60 Ton Arjun type tanks follow different operation procedures and have different doctrines. It will be stupid for the army to go for 2 different tanks with 2 different doctrines and 2 different supply lines. It takes at least a decade to set up a proper doctrine for new weapon systems. So, if the Army goes for Arjun now, it will have to create a new doctrine which will only be realistically be ready by 2020 and then suddenly start testing a new doctrine for the FMBT. The T-72 is as important as the FMBT to validate any new doctrine that we are trying to develop with networking in mind.
Well i agree , that given some of the current realities most of your point is true.

But i don't get why you have to give the impression that Arjun is not combat vehicle . Inducting 300+ vehicles for tests and such. I mean they are stationed in Rajastan right next to the border , not somewhere in South India , away from the front.

Why can't you just admit that the tank works , it is operational and it is in serivce.

I guess what i am asking is has'nt the Arjun already proved itself. It can hold its own than any tank across the border with the except of the Type-99.

Why do you insist on calling it a token test vehicle , despite good showing at the trials.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
40 ton tank proposed by army with next gen features is next to impossible not only for drdo but even for the americans or germans.50 ton tank (fmbt) proposed by drdo is difficult but acheivable if lightweight hybrid armour ,unmanned remote controlled turret is used.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
http://http://www.indianexpress.com/news/need-tank-of-international-quality-says-arm/238796/

Frankly we never won a battle so decisively if we consider our wars with paks compared to what russian and isralel's fought. 71 is liitle bit different but Paks also have lot of restriction. Also India becomes much more corrupt in last 20 years i.e well after 1971. About generals no country will import generals and it is a jock but we have to remamber the quote on Arjun " What we have now is a mid level technology but we require the futuristic/international technology to fight bla bla bla.............". The general that quoted this phase is not so much inspiration to the young army officiers and jawans after getting flats for Kargil widows in Mumbai.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/need-tank-of-international-quality-says-arm/238796/

Why you not give the same suggestion to all the news channel " Insted of criticizing politicians or corrupt officials, why all journalist becomes politician or officials"?
Tell me the name of any standard news channel of India speaking blindly about corruption. These idiotic things are done only by the cheap news channels(I DONT WANT TO TAKE NAMES HERE).
Corruption prevails in every nation and who told you that India defence technology is still that of stone age?

From your posts I can guess you are below 20 years of age or else you would understand that major development and changes doesnt take place in a year. It takes decades to occur. What more can you expect from a nation enjoying only its 60+ years that now atleast it is in a position to design its 5th gen fighter and this FMBT. I guess you dont want to transform into US in just less than a month.
Your ideas are admirable and really very good but we must live with what we have. We cant run from the reality just because it is not that what we wanted. It is we who will change our country our nation. After all it is our darling motherland and we(atleast I) love it more than my life.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
40 ton tank proposed by army with next gen features is next to impossible not only for drdo but even for the americans or germans.50 ton tank (fmbt) proposed by drdo is difficult but acheivable if lightweight hybrid armour ,unmanned remote controlled turret is used.
Making a 50ton tank is not impossible at all..

DRDO already made a 50ton tank in past which was excellent in preformance ( TANK-EX )..

Making a 40 ton tank with less Armour compare to Arjun, is a limitation but that limitation can be removed:

C. Slat Armour provide protection at back and sides..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slat_armour

Therefore, The light tank can be transformed to a level of a medium tank, with the help of these kits..
And this is what IA wants..

p2prada

@p2prada
Indeginization of hardware is always subject to change. The more the tank is orders the more likely that more equipment can be sourced from local supplier
The change has to come about fast. Any changes the USAF expects from Boeing is done in record time. But DRDO takes for ever.

This is primarily because we have a near first world military and a third world industry.

Level of indeginisation has not stopped the Army or IAF from showing interest in LCH.
Of course not. LCH equivalents are not easily available or affordable in the international market. We need this for anything like Cold Start or Network Warfare.

We all talk about the Indian private sector , having a bigger role in defense. That's all about building and sourcing the various parts like the threads , electronics etc.
They neither have the experience nor the funds to invest in a big way. So, I am not overly worried about any of their roles. TATA and L&T are involved in a big way. Probably 30 or 40 years down the line they may become our Boeing and Raytheon.

But don't you think that given more orders and the time frame of those orders the levels of indigenous items will also rise , to at least well above 50%. As more supplier get roped in.
It has more to do with time and funds. Nothing to do with user interest. IA is not interested in the Arjun and they are not funding the development. But GOI is and DRDO is getting funds to develop the Arjun further. This is all that matters.

Normally in first world nations, once the user has lost interest the industry stops research on the product due to lack of a potential market. So, the board of directors cites lack of user interest for stopping research which is a genuine reason. But in DRDO lack of user interest does not mean the product development stops. Product development continues even if the industry is 100% sure the product is not taken in by the user. So, funds continue to pour in and development continues. Also, since DRDO is a state enterprise, any red lines in sales is discarded because it is the tax payers money that is involved. The situation is the opposite in the first world countries since R&D is done by private industries which look at profit and loss.

This is one of the points i was trying to make , by manufacturing and putting the Arjun in serivce , the Manufacturing and supply chain can be established by the time the FMBT roles around.
If you have 2 cars and you are the only one who drives both then one car becomes a waste of time. They will simply rust away as what is happening with the F-14s in the US. US can afford it but India cannot.

We aren't buying tanks to drive them around. They will be used to wage wars. Doctrines are created and manpower is expended creating the doctrines. It takes years. It is not beneficial to create a whole new doctrine for a new tank when air power significantly dwarfs tank warfare.

Air power has changed so dramatically that its power is unimaginable.
Back in 1971 in the battle of Longewala, 4 Hawker Hunters destroyed over 130 tanks and vehicles in a matter of hours. In 1991, the Highway of Death incident ended with nearly 10000 dead and 2000 vehicles destroyed in Kuwait.
All this was with older generation radars that could not detect much on the ground. Now with the advent of AESA and related technologies, the modern definition of tank warfare has completely changed. Heavy tanks are sitting ducks.

If a Predator drone can kill 6 sleeping men in a shack by firing a hellfire through a window then a tank is as good as dead. The future is small tanks like the T types with stealth incorporated in them along with a high degree of automation to reduce crew members following the principle of hit avoidance. Air transportable is an important criteria.

By not making the Arjun , even now in as many small numbers as we do , we will undoubtedly run into Manufacturing roadblocks for the FMBT in the future.
As explained, Arjun project has failed but not cancelled. It will form the foundation to a new generation tank.

May need a bit more from you then that.
What info are using to say that the T type is more reliable than the Arjun.
T types are very reliable. When the gulf war started the Americans were really wary of the T-72. Even after the war the Americans are still wary of the T-72s. The T-90s are much more dangerous. The primary reason is the lower profile of the tank making it difficult to detect.

Even now the IA is more comfortable with a smaller, easily deployable tank compared to the Arjun type tanks. Offer the army Leo2s and they will still reject it for the T-types. The future is small tanks anyway. So, why waste time with a bigger heavier tank?

I mean truth be told , the t-90's have to be fitted with AC's to run in the desert.
While the Arjun can do without.
That's only for the Catherine FCS. Give the Arjun a third gen FCS system and even that will need a AC. Most western MBTs now come equipped with ACs. The ones who don't have them are the ones who can't afford them as of now. It is a standard fit now a days.

I think there is bias in your statement regarding the T series reliability.
The T-types have seen combat and are a proven platform after years of service in IA as well as the rest of the world.

Arjun has not even been in service long enough to make that determination.
Sure you have another point right here.

But stating superior reliability to the t series seems to be unsubstantial.
T-types are older and proven. Arjun is a new tank type and hence unproven. At the same time the USAF will rely more on the F-15 rather than the F-22 simply because the F-15 is proven. When a commander sends out a squadron, he knows what the F-15 is capable of and what it is not. This gives him a decisive edge in plotting out a course of action. But the F-22, though superior, is an unreliable platform. The commander has no idea how it will perform a mission and that jeopardizes the mission at hand.

The Arjun is superior or not is established using war exercises and comparative trials which takes years. So, until then the T-90s are more reliable.

But you are getting away from the point , 124 MKII's require a lot of logistics set up, troops and maintenance. It's a waste if all their going to be is testbeds .
A certain number is required to test every doctrine. At a squad level as well as a division level. So, 124 tanks, or more specifically 85 tanks is for tests.

We kinda already order 372 Arjuns so we already have that scenario.

If you are opposed to that scenario so much we could always get rid of the T-90, lol .
By the time OFB completes delivery it will be 2020 and that is by being highly optimistic . At the same time 1600 T-90s will be in operational service.

But i don't get why you have to give the impression that Arjun is not combat vehicle . Inducting 300+ vehicles for tests and such. I mean they are stationed in Rajastan right next to the border , not somewhere in South India , away from the front.
It does not matter. The army will get the full order only by 2020 , maybe more. Heck if we start making Arjuns today we can only get 500 by 2020. 124 Arjun Mk2 will take more than just 2020. 5 years of development and trials of Mk2 followed by manufacturing will take a decade at best.

Planting them in Rajasthan is a given. IA does not conduct offensive operations in Rajasthan. Only area denial and defensive operations. With a superior IAF, even that is not required. Heck the Pakistanis tried and failed already with dire consequences at Longewala.

Why can't you just admit that the tank works , it is operational and it is in serivce.
85 tanks. :happy_2:

I guess what i am asking is has'nt the Arjun already proved itself. It can hold its own than any tank across the border with the except of the Type-99.
Na. Arjun will probably kick Type-99s azz too. But the T-90 will do a bit more of the azz kicking.

Why do you insist on calling it a token test vehicle , despite good showing at the trials.
A white elephant can look pretty but in the long run you really want the grunt.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
@ kunal biswas
everyone knows that the army's preliminary gsqr of fmbt will not be based on doctrine or capabilities of drdo.it would be a direct copy paste of articles on russia's t-95,uk's stealth tank and us's fcs tank from jane defence weekly.the top brass of the army is full of corrupt people who only wants to make money the have a prosperous retirement through various means be it adarsh ,sukhna like scams or by getting huge kickbacks from foreign firm to promote their products.hence the army issues global rfi on everything each week -be it tanks,helicopters,assault rifles,or even match sticks.the fact that army has repeatedly rejected a modern tank like arjun even after repeatedly outperforming the t-90 intrials and has ordered mass production of t-90 shows the level of corruption.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
everyone knows that the army's preliminary gsqr of fmbt will not be based on doctrine or capabilities of drdo.it would be a direct copy paste of articles on russia's t-95,uk's stealth tank and us's fcs tank from jane defence weekly.
I wont comment much on this, but tell u this that almost every system in this world resemble a system in past..

Asian FMBTs or western FMBTs built on a concept of improvements on their respective predecessor..
They are expected to look same and preform same..

Their are thread on Army corruption:
http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php?t=7280&page=1&highlight=corruption+army
http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php?t=6589&highlight=corruption

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Sorry , if I hurt somebody. But as an Indian, I have right to say what I feel in a open forum. But I am one in a billion and majorty may not be agree with me.
You have the rights but why to cry for what we dont have? It is not the fault of our engineers or their lack of capabilities but the lack of platform and faulty Government policies(because everyone know that what potential we Indians hold). Had you ever visited DRDO`S website?, if not then visit and see what vast area of defence work it covers. Dont just imitate what others say, try to dig the truth and then put your views on it and not just sitting with a cup of coffee and writing whatever you feels or what our "GREAT" media tells us.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ Well, I just need to say that IA should make up its mind in the beginning itself and not getting involved in last minute after letting DRDO struggle for 3 decades and after crores of rupees to say, "we don't want this". Of all the countries from US to Israel to even Singapore and Japan, ours is the shoddiest acquisition procedure for indigenous equipment as well as foreign. It has to change and the IA this time should be forced to join the FMBT from the beginning like IAF for Tejas and assess what is needed rather than every other day waking up and changing requirements. Requirements are set for 2 decades into the future at least which means IA has to accept some compromises and take some advantages.

The problem with our tri-services is that IA wants Abrams, Anders and Leopard all in one tank in a shoestring budget, while IAF wants a Raptor, Terminator and Mirages combined in one Tejas. It is simply not possible and even foreign firms don't offer such a deal but the forces buy it for kickbacks anways.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
=ashicjose;216271

sir tank ex is t-72 with arjun's turrent
Exactly, Now DRDO will produce a lighter Chassis with more efficient compact 1500hp engine..

We already have a turret, the modification will be new Armour module ( Lighter Kanchan ) 120 smooth-bore, And a era cover..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles