India's Current & Future UAVs & UCAVs

Blademaster

Keep yourself in this blissful ignorance, good for you

Frankly this is the only way you can keep your sanity intact after realising you don't have a PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in UAVs
speak for yourself. You act like a know it all when you got a smidgeon of facts. Sod off.

Blademaster

It's been almost two decades since my grandfather is dead. You call yourself my grandfather......threat's on you
:hehe:
And you call yourself an Indian? A real Indian would have better respect for an elder no matter his opinion. Very well if no respect for an elder then why any respect for you. I pretty much skim over any “factual” post of yours because all you do is posture.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
speak for yourself. You act like a know it all when you got a smidgeon of facts. Sod off.
I think it's fine
If the person in front of me knows more than me then he'll teach me something and my knowledge won't be just a smidgeon of facts. And if not, then he might learn a thing or two from me. As simple as it is

Tuco

Country flag
Can we create a thread in turk section and debate on Tb2 over there please. When I saw this thread active , I was excited that there is some new news.

Hari Sud

Country flag
After a long bureaucratic hassle and Defence Ministry related approval delays; Indian made drones for defence use have been ordered. These include AI powered swarm drones as well as 200 logistic drones from Indian companies. In addition flying bombs directly fired from an artillery tube of loitering ammunition has also made way into Indian military thinking process. It is just a matter of time that loitering ammunition will be in use with the Indian Army.

The bad news us that Indian ‘Tapas’ UCAV took so long to develop. It was developed thein dumped and restarted. It is funny as well as not acceptable that elsewhere in the world UCAV were under development and finally put to use for example Turkey built there UCAV in 2019 and put it in use in Syrian war and succeeded. They used it last year in Ukraine but withdrew it later when US and European UCAV arrived.

My point here is that Indian Tapas could have been in operation before the Turkish UCAV but Indian bureaucrats both at DRDO as well as the Defence Ministry realized late that they have missed the bus. Others are far ahead.

Now Tapas has completed all developmental trials and would begin military trials. Hopefully these will be successful. Here is a comparison of Tapas with other drones of same capability. I hope Tapas becomes operational soon.

1691494241519.jpeg

jai jaganath

Country flag

Here we go again
Old target new trails
One thing we have to notice is inconsistency in defense reporting in India once they were saying tapas in user trails once user trails completed they even gave numbers that has to be procured and now it will enter into new trails
Is it bcoz ade or armed forces, it's too early to comment but sadly tapas has officially entered leagues of arjun and bhim
Now next proper update will be post 4-5 years until then all the best to add to achieve required results through piston engine

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
After a long bureaucratic hassle and Defence Ministry related approval delays; Indian made drones for defence use have been ordered. These include AI powered swarm drones as well as 200 logistic drones from Indian companies. In addition flying bombs directly fired from an artillery tube of loitering ammunition has also made way into Indian military thinking process. It is just a matter of time that loitering ammunition will be in use with the Indian Army.

The bad news us that Indian ‘Tapas’ UCAV took so long to develop. It was developed thein dumped and restarted. It is funny as well as not acceptable that elsewhere in the world UCAV were under development and finally put to use for example Turkey built there UCAV in 2019 and put it in use in Syrian war and succeeded. They used it last year in Ukraine but withdrew it later when US and European UCAV arrived.

My point here is that Indian Tapas could have been in operation before the Turkish UCAV but Indian bureaucrats both at DRDO as well as the Defence Ministry realized late that they have missed the bus. Others are far ahead.

Now Tapas has completed all developmental trials and would begin military trials. Hopefully these will be successful. Here is a comparison of Tapas with other drones of same capability. I hope Tapas becomes operational soon.

View attachment 217500
LoL, there is no SATCOM on Bayraktar TB-2.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Lonewarrior

Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
It would be quite fun if it turns out it uses only some niche weapon like Nimrod or something and we've not ordered them to reduce cost.
For only 6 I doubt those drones can use Indian weapons so I guess we only got what was in the package

Hari Sud

Country flag
Now that IAF has inducted 4 Heron 2 drones; can somebody compare the the Heron 2 to new upgraded TAPAS drones? Which one the Indian Armed forces will prefer. Is there a known price for Heron 2 to Tapas 2?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles