Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspirant847

Country flag
who said the women who like fighting are feminists. Modern day feminists are nothing like the women warriors of the past. The women I am referring to were fearless and lead forces from the front when in combat
you are a confused boy, those times were different

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The day serena williams gets on field to compete one on one against The Joker, I'll admit I've been wrong and women can do just about anything with equal efficacy as we men can do. But till that happens, you feminazi types should keep your mouths shut.

Aspirant847

Country flag
The day serena williams gets on field to compete one on one against The Joker, I'll admit I've been wrong and women can do just about anything with equal efficacy as we men can do. But till that happens, you feminazi types should keep your mouths shut.
look at trans people, they can't defeat real men in competitions but they can defeat real women easily, shows how far ahead actual men are in terms of physicality

srevster

Country flag
you are a confused boy, those times were different
If anything machine guns and advanced normalizes any physical advantages a male has. So yes, in brutal medieval combat women participated and excelled, but somehow they are incapable of fighting in a less physical form of combat. Your logic doesn't make any sense. In difficulty of combat, a gun is an easier form of combat vs swords, spears and arrows. You are upclose and need to rely on strength to ward off attackers and greater investment in willpower to slay the enemy because you are physically thrusting your weapon through their body. The armor, the poor visibility, the lack of situational awareness, the prospects of ambushes and capture, did not deter women from participation and in fact they excelled in that type of combat. In my opinion, that is far more brutal than what we are experiencing today.

srevster

Country flag
look at trans people, they can't defeat real men in competitions but they can defeat real women easily, shows how far ahead actual men are in terms of physicality
Look at horses, they run faster than men. Horses can outrun men in competitions. Lets ban men from participating in combat. Only horses should be allowed to be officers and not men. Can you we stop with the whatabouttery, it is getting old.

srevster

Country flag
These are the facts. Those women I mentioned laid down their lives for an independent and free India. We are doing them a disservice by not recognizing their valor and capacities in combat. Indian army has to recognize them in the same way that Narendra Modi recognized Subhas Chandra Bose. They are martyrs and the best respect we can give them is to allow participation of women in combat.

Not the "women need to be protected, men know best" pseudo science bullshit. That is a massive disrespect to these martyrs.

Aspirant847

Country flag
These are the facts. Those women I mentioned laid down their lives for an independent and free India. We are doing them a disservice by not recognizing their valor and capacities in combat. Indian army has to recognize them in the same way that Narendra Modi recognized Subhas Chandra Bose. They are martyrs and the best respect we can give them is to allow participation of women in combat.

Not the "women need to be protected, men know best" pseudo science bullshit. That is a massive disrespect to these martyrs.
You seem to have confused a women leader with an army of women, and the fighting done then is different from the fighting done now

srevster

Country flag
This biased narrative being pushed only serves to massage the male ego. True Kshatriyas will recognize the strength of the opposite sex and provide them space to grow and contribute to the country. Once again I refer back to the servant style of leadership vs the top down leadership style that keeps the army weak.

You want an example of that.

Indian army was not allowed to use guns. - Top Down
MEA is dictating the withdrawal terms - Top Down

Commanders getting more autonomy. - Servant Style
Soldiers being allowed to retaliate in defense using fire arms - Servant Style

The indian army still has antiquated policies that we inherited from the British. These need to be expunged and we need to revert back to our roots to understand what is dharmic and what culture and ethos we should highlight.

It saddens me to see so many Indians on this message board being ignorant of their history and having malice towards someone who is bringing attention to it. Only explanation for it is stockholme syndrome where you are protecting a foreign culture.

I'll give you another psych experiment which explains your behavior. A group of scientists put several monkeys in a cage. The suspended some bananas above a ladder. Any monkey that attempted to climb the ladder was sprayed with a water hose preventing it from getting to the bananas. Eventually the monkeys warned each other from climbing the ladder. They removed one monkey per week until a completely new set of monkeys was in the cage who has never personally experienced getting sprayed by the water to reach the bananas. Yet they prevent any other monkey from attempting to get to the bananas even though the water hose equipment has been completely removed from the cage. This is how culture works, there are intrinsic control mechanisms that influence behavior based on knowledge that is passed down. The monkeys themselves exhibit punishment on other monkeys to prevent them from try to reach the bananas in the name of protecting them or looking after their best interest. They don't look around and analyze that the water hose is no longer present and the means to control them isn't there. With this constraint, no monkey could develop the courage to break the norm or culture.

That's the cultural colonialism you are unwilling to shed and obtain independent thought to analyze the facts and make decisions.

You are a victim of this culture that is setup to control us. If you can't see past it that's fine. But don't try to prevent others from doing what they aspire to do.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
You seem to have confused a women leader with an army of women, and the fighting done then is different from the fighting done now
I'm not confused at all. The topic of this thread is whether women should be allowed to participate in combat. If we are debating something else, I didn't get the memo for that.

srevster

Country flag
No amount of "monkey business" (PUN INTENDED) here will deter me from supporting women's role in active combat. There is too much history to back up what I am saying that I can extrapolate their success. If you are too small minded or fearful of this; then you can work on that by visiting a counselor.

P.S. Bananas are my favorite fruit

For additional help, please refer to:
1614975747852.png

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
The answer to women in combat roles is an obvious no.i may even add that they should not be able to lead men in high ranking positions if they cannot be bloody minded and if they do not have a conquistador like hatred for the enemies and an urge to pillage and plunder.because at the leadership position,the presence of the usual women's empowerment types will endanger our plans to destroy and balkanize pakistan and parts of china as they may be influenced by the softcore outlook of female evolutionary thinking and the memes of the west.only if they have been thoroughly vetted to be of the type of the blood thirty nationalist variety .anyways I think this part is a moot point as I don't think any woman has reached a high enough position to command a large no of men in a critical formation of our army against china and pakistan and will not be in the running for it if at all in the near future and so let me come to the meat of the question.

Women in grunt combat duty:

1.our civilazation is facing real existencial challenges in which there will be few decisive battles in the future in which I am sure we will need the best from our troops and also we must provide the best possible candidates for the army to present to the enemy.the high altitude,high pressure environment will exhaust even normal soldiers who are men,recent clashes and maneuvers, I can't imagine would have gone our way with equivalent women soldiers.so you can rule out any hardy combat roles for women as they cannot be relied to win which is important for india unlike the west which is experimenting with endless social causes while their enemies both internal and external loot and laugh at them.not to mention the outcry from the usual circles when women come in bodybags if they die and the corresponding pressure on our administration to do something in haste or call off which could put the brakes to our ambitions which are our true goals and hence priority no one.i hope and have faith that indian army top thinkers and think tanks recognise this obvious retarded idea for what it is and discard and neuter to make it ineffective.positions only in combat areas and that too only in areas if they qualify at same standards set for men should be the deal.until they are biologically equal no larping as soldiers as we have I predict important battles ahead of us in the near future and even after that we must not pursue these childish desires as a matter of principle.

2.these social norms you are referring to as our own are not ours atleast and are not in many and most cultures and has only recently spring up in the west to the detriment of their overall martial prowess.if they have improved it is not because,they are tolerant or going full empowerment but despite it.imagine women soldiers deployed in combat roles in high danger environments like Iraq and Afghanistan in any meaningful nos,it would be a disaster from a pr perspective.infact they have stealthy placed women in roles and areas where they are not likely to see hand to hand combat or purely in support roles while also preaching as if their contribution to the military machine is irreplaceable (sic) or beneficial.

3.the cringe was real when you depicted many indian women as warriors as a justification for introducing women enmasse as combat infantry in the military with further goading by calling it a part of our dharmic culture,nice try.those women are most of not all high status women,who were queens or high ranking in the ruling admin of their time and we're only doing what they did as a royal obligation.they weren't normal and they don't make a culture, individual instances or people don't make a culture,you need mass adoption and backing by the layman with probably writings and descriptions about the same to be present to even qualify.i don't see legions or even armies of women fighting,let alone holding their own against armies of men in history or winning other than wierdo hollywood movies and ancient myths.in that way men as warriors is the norm throughout history and they fought against the men of other tribes or kingdoms as they were the A team.if they had rely on women,it only meant that they were desperate and that something had gone horribly wrong.if your men cannot do it,then sure as hell your women won't be able to.it is about concentration,you can find individual wierdo women who can stand up to men's standard in the physical department but not truckloads or even section sized nos of they reliably meanwhile the opposite for men is quite easy.so dont waste time trying to find the few needles in a haystack and concentrate time and energy on selecting the cream in the mens pool for our combat arm.

4.also only time I will accept women in combat roles is if there is a revolution in biomechanics and we untertake a re-engineering of the women's body enmasse to make them as capable as men which if possible will only be available in the future as then only they will be mostly equal.

PS also equality is not our culture or should not be the master value of any sane civilazation which Aims to rise.it is not an automatic good that needs to be followed and in some scenarios it is detrimental and most of the scenarios it does not even make sense.no need to be in awe of equality.

Try mix of unity,excellence,cunningness,long sightedness,etc to name a few as they have been good values to create and maintain superpowers.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
The answer to women in combat roles is an obvious no.i may even add that they should not be able to lead men in high ranking positions if they cannot be bloody minded and if they do not have a conquistador like hatred for the enemies and an urge to pillage and plunder.because at the leadership position,the presence of the usual women's empowerment types will endanger our plans to destroy and balkanize pakistan and parts of china as they may be influenced by the softcore outlook of female evolutionary thinking and the memes of the west.only if they have been thoroughly vetted to be of the type of the blood thirty nationalist variety .anyways I think this part is a moot point as I don't think any woman has reached a high enough position to command a large no of men in a critical formation of our army against china and pakistan and will not be in the running for it if at all in the near future and so let me come to the meat of the question.

Women in grunt combat duty:

1.our civilazation is facing real existencial challenges in which there will be few decisive battles in the future in which I am sure we will need the best from our troops and also we must provide the best possible candidates for the army to present to the enemy.the high altitude,high pressure environment will exhaust even normal soldiers who are men,recent clashes and maneuvers, I can't imagine would have gone our way with equivalent women soldiers.so you can rule out any hardy combat roles for women as they cannot be relied to win which is important for india unlike the west which is experimenting with endless social causes while their enemies both internal and external loot and laugh at them.not to mention the outcry from the usual circles when women come in bodybags if they die and the corresponding pressure on our administration to do something in haste or call off which could put the brakes to our ambitions which are our true goals and hence priority no one.i hope and have faith that indian army top thinkers and think tanks recognise this obvious retarded idea for what it is and discard and neuter to make it ineffective.positions only in combat areas and that too only in areas if they qualify at same standards set for men should be the deal.until they are biologically equal no larping as soldiers as we have I predict important battles ahead of us in the near future and even after that we must not pursue these childish desires as a matter of principle.

2.these social norms you are referring to as our own are not ours atleast and are not in many and most cultures and has only recently spring up in the west to the detriment of their overall martial prowess.if they have improved it is not because,they are tolerant or going full empowerment but despite it.imagine women soldiers deployed in combat roles in high danger environments like Iraq and Afghanistan in any meaningful nos,it would be a disaster from a pr perspective.infact they have stealthy placed women in roles and areas where they are not likely to see hand to hand combat or purely in support roles while also preaching as if their contribution to the military machine is irreplaceable (sic) or beneficial.

3.the cringe was real when you depicted many indian women as warriors as a justification for introducing women enmasse as combat infantry in the military with further goading by calling it a part of our dharmic culture,nice try.those women are most of not all high status women,who were queens or high ranking in the ruling admin of their time and we're only doing what they did as a royal obligation.they weren't normal and they don't make a culture, individual instances or people don't make a culture,you need mass adoption and backing by the layman with probably writings and descriptions about the same to be present to even qualify.i don't see legions or even armies of women fighting,let alone holding their own against armies of men in history or winning other than wierdo hollywood movies and ancient myths.in that way men as warriors is the norm throughout history and they fought against the men of other tribes or kingdoms as they were the A team.if they had rely on women,it only meant that they were desperate and that something had gone horribly wrong.if your men cannot do it,then sure as hell your women won't be able to.it is about concentration,you can find individual wierdo women who can stand up to men's standard in the physical department but not truckloads or even section sized nos of they reliably meanwhile the opposite for men is quite easy.so dont waste time trying to find the few needles in a haystack and concentrate time and energy on selecting the cream in the mens pool for our combat arm.

4.also only time I will accept women in combat roles is if there is a revolution in biomechanics and we untertake a re-engineering of the women's body enmasse to make them as capable as men which if possible will only be available in the future as then only they will be mostly equal.

PS also equality is not our culture or should not be the master value of any sane civilazation which Aims to rise.it is not an automatic good that needs to be followed and in some scenarios it is detrimental and most of the scenarios it does not even make sense.no need to be in awe of equality.

Try mix of unity,excellence,cunningness,long sightedness,etc to name a few as they have been good values to create and maintain superpowers.

Unsubstantiated crap

Uh, Indira Gandhi. More unsubstantiated crap.

So Kaikeyi was not a warrior?

There is also the story of Princess Tadaatagai, daughter of the second Pandya king Malayadwaja Pandya and his wife Kanchanamalai. She was an incarnation of Goddess Parvati and was raised like a son. She was well-versed in all aspects of warfare. She was named as heir to the throne. When the time for her coronation arrived, she had to conquer all the three worlds. She conquered Brahmaloka, Vaikuntha and Amaravathi with ease. She then proceeded to Kailash and defeated the bhutaganas too. It was when she faced Lord Shiva that she finally bowed her head in shyness.

Prabhavati, Vishalakshi, Palita, Gonasi, Shrimati, Bahula, Bahuputrika, Apsujata, Gopali, Brihadambalika, Jayavati, Malatika, Dhruvaratna, Bhayankari, Vasudama, Sudama, Vishoka, Nandini, Ekacuda, Mahacuda, Cakranemi, Uttejani, Jayatsena, Kamalakshi, Shobhana, Shatrunjaya, Shalabhi, Khari, Madhavi, Shubhavaktra, Tirthanemi, Gitapriya, Kalyani, Kadrula, Amitashana, Meghasvana, Bhogavati, Subhru, Kanakavati, Alatakshi, Viryavati, Vidyujjihva, Padmavati, Sunakshatra, Kandara, Bahuyojana, Santanika, Kamala, Mahabala, Sudama, Bahudama, Suprabha, Yashasvini, Nrityapriya, Shatolukhalamekhala, Shataghanta, Shatananda, Bhagananda, Bhamini, Vapushmati, Candrashita, Bhadrakali, Samkarika, Nishkutika, Bhrama, Catvaravasini, Sumangala, Svastimati, Vriddhikama, Jayapriya, Dhanada, Suprasada, Bhavada, Jaleshvari, Edi, Bhedi, Samedi, Vetalajanani, Kanduti, Kalika, Devamitra, Lambasi, Ketaki, Citrasena, Bala, Kukkutika, Shankhanika, Jarjarika, Kundarika, Kokalika, Kandara, Shatodari, Utkrathini, Jarena, Mahavega, Kankana, Manojava, Kantakini, Praghasa, Putana, Khashaya, Curvyuti, Vama, Kroshanatha, Taditprabha, Mandodari, Tunda, Kotara, Meghavasini, Subhaga, Lambini, Lamba, Vasucuda, Vikatthani, Urdhvavenidhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Prithuvaktra, Madhurika, Madhukumbha, Pakshalika, Manthanika, Jarayu, Jarjaranana, Khyata, Dahadaha, Dhamadhama, Khandakhanda, Pushana, Manikundala, Amogha, Lambapayodhara, Venuvinadhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Shasholukamukhi, Krishna, Kharajangha, Mahajava, Shishumaramukhi, Shveta, Lohitakshi, Vibhishana, Jatalika, Kamacari, Dirghajihva, Balotkata, Kaledika, Vamanika, Mukuta, Lohitakshi, Mahakaya, Haripindi, Ekakshara, Sukusuma, Krishnakarni, Kshurakarni, Catushkarni, Karnapravarana, Catushpathaniketa, Gokarni, Mahishanana, Kharakarni, Mahakarni, Bherisvanamahasvana, Shankhakumbhasvana, Bhangada, Gana, Sugana, Bhiti, Kamada, Catushpatharata, Bhutirtha, Anyagocara, Pashuda, Vittada, Sukhada, Mahayasha, Payoda, Gomahishada, Suvishana, Pratishtha, Supratishtha, Rocamana, Surocana, Naukarni, Mukhakarni, Sasira, Stherika, Ekacakra, Megharava, Meghamala, and Virocana.

It's not up to you to decide, thankfully.

आत्मौपम्येन सर्वत्र समंपश्यति योऽर्जुन |सुखं वा यदि वा दुःखं स योगी परमो मतः ||"He is a perfect yogi who, by comparison to his own self, sees the true equality of all beings, in both, their happiness and their distress, O Arjuna." - Bhagavad Gita (VI.32)

The Gita, 2:48, Sri Aurobindo’s translation

Meaning of Equality:

Equality literally means absence of any difference. It is commonly used for describing an idealistic social goal which would abolish differences based on wealth, position, caste, colour, creed or gender. But Sri Aurobindo has used the word Equality as the English equivalent of samatva, which is an attitude of the mind. A person whose mind is in the state of samatva accepts joy and sorrow, victory and defeat, heat and cold, equally — not just equally, but equally happily. He accepts all conditions and circumstances as a gift from the divine, and therefore accepts them with equal delight. Perfect Equality is the attribute of a very high level of spiritual development. The supreme divine nature is founded on equality.

Equality is to remain unmoved within all circumstances. Sri Aurobindo

We might say that Equality is the very sign of liberation — Sri Aurobindo

Equality is not mental quiet, aloofness, indifference, vital quiescence, nor physical passivity.

Equality is the foundation of perfection. A fundamental Equality is essential to any conceivable perfectibility of the human race.

Equality is a particular STATE where one relates to all things, outer and inner, and to each individual thing, in the same way. That is truly perfect equality: vibrations from things, from people, from contacts have no power to alter that state. — The Mother

Equality is the chief support of the true spiritual consciousness and it is this from which a sadhak deviates when he allows a vital movement to carry him away in feeling or speech or action. It is not easy to have this equality in any full perfect measure, but one should always try more and more to make it the basis of one’s inner state and outer movements.

Need of Equality

When we lead an ordinary life we come across various pleasant and unpleasant situations due to our ignorance and falsehood. We need to develop Equality or Samata and detachment

The best way to prepare oneself for the spiritual life when one has to live in the ordinary occupations and surroundings is to cultivate an entire equality and detachment and the samata of the Gita with the faith that the Divine is there and the Divine Will at work in all things even though at present under the conditions of a world of Ignorance. Beyond this are the Light and Ananda towards which life is working, but the best way for their advent and foundation in the individual being and nature is to grow in this spiritual equality. That would also solve your difficulty about things unpleasant and disagreeable. All unpleasantness should be faced with this spirit of samata.

Our aim is perfection and not success. To be perfect, the equality must be invariable and spontaneous, effortless, towards all circumstances, all happenings, all contacts, material or psychological, irrespective of their character and impact.

Characteristics of Equality

- To have a quiet and unmoved mind and vital,

- Not to be touched or disturbed by things that happen or things said or done to you, but to look at them with a straight look, free from the distortions created by personal feeling, and to try to understand what is behind them, why they happen, what is to be learnt from them, what is it in oneself which they are cast against and what inner profit or progress one can make out of them;

- To have self-mastery over the vital movements, anger and sensitiveness and pride as well as desire and the rest, not to let them get hold of the emotional being and disturb the inner peace, not to speak and act in the rush and impulsion of these things, always to act and speak out of a calm inner poise of the spirit.

- To have an equal view of men and their nature and acts and the forces that move them;

- Helps one to see the truth about them by pushing away from the mind all personal feeling in one’s seeing and judgment and even all the mental bias.

- Personal feeling always distorts and makes one see in men’s actions, not only the actions themselves, but things behind them which, more often than not, are not there. Misunderstanding, misjudgment which could have been avoided are the result; things of small consequence assume larger proportions. I have seen that more than half of the untoward happenings of this kind in life are due to this cause. But in ordinary life personal feeling and sensitiveness are a constant part of human nature and may be needed there for self-defence, although, I think, even there, a strong, large and equal attitude towards men and things would be a much better line of defence. But for a sadhak, to surmount them and live rather in the calm strength of the spirit is an essential part of his progress.

Impact or Power of Equality:

ü Growth in the Sattvic nature brings an increasing capacity for a high quietude, Equality and transcendence.

ü Perfect spiritual Equality is one true and infallible sign of overcoming desire, equal-souled to all things, seeing One in all.

ü Divine love extended in inward feeling to Divine in man & all creatures in active universal Equality creates harmony & unity.

Note: Pain is the touch of our Mother teaching us how to bear and grow in rapture. She has three stages of her schooling, endurance first, next Equality of soul, last ecstasy.

- Sri Aurobindo

Gita’s three primary springs of Karmayoga are Equality, renunciation of desire for fruit of works, action as sacrifice to Lord.

Difference between Equality and Equanimity

Equality & Equanimity

Equality is not exactly the same as equanimity. Equality is something positive.

Equanimity just means not getting disturbed by change of circumstances

Equality goes one step beyond equanimity. It means being equally happy in all circumstances

Equanimity can be achieved in many ways. It may be the result of being beaten into shape by the hard knocks of life. It may arise from philosophical indifference to joy and sorrow. It may be stoic equanimity which considers endurance to be a sign of good character

But Equality can be achieved only by adopting the spiritual worldview

Equanimity can be achieved by immutable peace and calm.

It is only from the spiritual angle that even the worst in life can be seen as a blessing because it is an opportunity for spiritual growth. That is why, from the spiritual point of view, it is easy to accept all events and circumstances of life as the conditions that the Divine has seen in its Supreme wisdom to be the most appropriate for us to grow spiritually; hence the acceptance of everything in life with equal delight.

Equanimity and peace in all conditions in all parts of the being is the first foundation of the Yogic status

Equanimity: With as much equanimity as we can muster we have to meet whatever wrong notes ring inwardly or outwardly. If we do this, they turn into stepping stones towards the ultimate harmony. Of course, our equanimity has to be, as a phrase in Savitri goes,

A heart of silence in the hands of joy.

Equanimity is gained in two ways. First, by a stepping back into some tranquil Vast that is ever there behind our throbbing human smallness. Secondly, by catching all hurtful disturbing touches from the common world upon our heart before they pierce the surface and, without any attempt to think how to meet them, remembering the Mother and offering them to her. Thus at once we get free from them and some smiling Vast beyond us takes them up. This Vast and that tranquil Vast are two aspects of the same luminous Liberty that sets the stage for our self-transcendence into spirituality.

Sri Aurobindo’s Yoga is founded in equanimity, a wide solid calm, which can sustain all the extraordinary experiences which he can give to his children. If there is no tranquil base, marvellous experiences may come but won’t remain as part of one’s being. If the foundation keeps shaking, how can a superstructure be established. Towers may soar up but they will topple if the ground is not steady. And there is a further reason for serenity.

By equanimity we have an equal attitude towards all events — a facing of everything with an unaltered peace. No reaction of a personal nature to any impact from outside - no excited rejoicing, no upsetting distress, no impulsive anger. By this constant composure we acquire a distance from the entire play of time and, while discerning the Divine everywhere, remain uncaught by the nama-rupa under which the Supreme manifests. The grip of “name and form” loosens and we are free to meet the Reality transcending them. Equanimity in the Aurobindonian Yoga does not dry up the heart. Against a background of vast illumined tranquillity the heart keeps functioning but now serving like a centre of pure light and a core of clear warmth to that background. Only thus can we be human with all the tenderness possible, all the attention needed by the call of earth and yet know the inner liberty without which we are ill equipped to experience the touch of the Eternal Beauty and be its instruments in a fallible and mutable world.

When it is the psychic that rules all the movements of the being, then the lower vital nature completely disappears and when the equanimity of the higher consciousness takes complete possession of the lower vital. Till then one can establish a control, diminish and reduce it to a touch that has no outward effect or a wave that passes without self-expression. In the case of any adverse forces attack, the first thing to do is to keep throughout a perfect equanimity and not to allow thoughts of disturbed anxiety or depression to enter you.

To keep this equanimity and absence of reactions and from that calm ground to direct the Yoga-force on things and persons (not for egoistic aims but for the work to be done) is the position of the Yogi.

If there is desire there will be attachment, demand, craving, loss of equanimity, sorrow at not getting, all that is unyogic. If there are good desires, bad desires will come also. There is a place for will and aspiration, not for desire.

We should follow what The Mother told to Champaklal ji about practicing Equanimity for a year:

In 1940 Sri Aurobindo wrote to you: “Tranquillise and widen your consciousness” and I insisted on achieving equanimity. Many, things have happened since then, much progress has been done and yet these things remain still to be fully realised. Let these be accomplished during this year that begins for you. A silent equanimity both inside and outside will be a great achievement for.

With my love and blessings.

The Mother.

One advice on the value of Equanimity by Babaji Maharaj

Question: This is correct that, under any circumstances a spiritual Sadhaka should not quarrel. But one of our friends has been committing a mistake; by that the Mother’s work is being hampered. In this situation, without doing anything should we be only a silent witness? Is this correct?

Answer: No, one need not watch only silently, one must explain the thing to him. Before explaining the thing to him, you observe carefully your own heart. In your heart, if there is no anxiety or hostile attitude towards that person, then you explain to him the mistake he has committed with goodwill in your heart. But only once. If the person understanding his own mistake wants to rectify the same on your words, then you may advise him to correct himself. If the person protests against your words, then immediately you keep quiet. Do not allow yourself to be perturbed and do sincerely the Mother’s work. If you remain unfazed, then the Mother’s work will advance through you. If you have a greater equanimity within yourself, and give greatest importance to the Mother’s work in your life, then you pray sincerely for the preservation of the Mother’s work and for the correction of the fault of that person, or keep a good will towards him. If you cannot do this, then without nourishing any revolting attitude within you, do your own work. Leave the work of that person to the decision of the Mother.

Four Aspects of Equality

Sri Aurobindo’s methodology involves the individual seeker in undertaking a detailed review of his progress in the practice of Yoga, the sadhana. Since equality is such an essential and foundational aspect of Yoga, he has not only devoted considerable effort to understanding what it is, but has also broken it down into elements which must be developed continually to achieve perfection in the process.

“The first business of the Sadhaka is to see whether he has the perfect equality, how far he has gone in this direction or else where is the flaw, and to exercise steadily his will on his nature or invite the will of the Purusha to get rid of the defect and its causes.”

He then identifies four aspects of equality which represent its action on various different levels of his psychological makeup: “There are four things that he must have;

1. Equality in the most concrete practical sense of the word, samata, freedom from mental, vital, physical preferences, an even acceptance of all God’s workings within and around him;

2. A firm peace and absence of all disturbance and trouble, shanti;

3. A positive inner spiritual happiness and spiritual ease of the natural being which nothing can lessen, sukham;

4. A clear joy and laughter of the soul embracing life and existence.”

Equality is equated with Yoga in the Gita, as this psychological status can only be achieved fully when one has transcended the normal limited human reactions and the interplay of the Gunas: “To be equal is to be infinite and universal, not to limit oneself, not to bind oneself down to this or that form of the mind and life and its partial preferences and desires.”

Obviously the normal human condition does not meet this definition, and as long as we live in the body-life-mind, we cannot expect to achieve the complete equality Sri Aurobindo is describing. The human being lives in a state of attachment, desire and mental conceptions. “To accept them is at first inevitable, to go beyond them exceedingly difficult and not, perhaps, altogether possible so long as we are compelled to use the mind as the chief instrument of our action. The first necessity therefore is to take at least the sting out of them, to deprive them, even when they persist, of their greater insistence, their present egoism, their more violent claim on our nature.”

The Mother mentions about Mental Equality:

Mental Equality is when a state is reached where one is unable to initiate any activity; only the stimulus of an impulsion from above can move you. So you do nothing, you just stay like that, perfectly immobile in your mind (not only physically — especially in your mind): you don’t initiate anything.

Before, the mind was always creating, setting actions, wills and movements into motion, producing consequences; and it’s very frightening when that stops — you feel you’re becoming an idiot. But it’s quite the opposite! No more ideas, no more will, no more impulsions, nothing. You act only when something makes you act, without knowing why or how. This “something” doesn’t come from below, of course, it mustn’t come from below. But that condition can truly be achieved only when all the work below has been completed.

It’s that old habit, the old fear of being lazy. It took me…. But Sri Aurobindo cured me of that rather quickly. That’s how it was before I met him. And that’s the first thing he did: he gave me a tap on the head, and all activity ceased — total silence, all mental constructions and habits swept away… in the blink of an eye. I was very careful not to let it come back.

That is to say, all ideas and emotions from all quarters may come into your head or heart, even the most contradictory: yet you remain quiet, untroubled, and even unconcerned. You are a witness, you see them, sort them, arrange them, put each idea in its proper place, appreciate the value of each, determine the relation of each to the other, and to the whole, but you are not swayed by any particular one.

Vital Equality: First, an entire love, devotion and confidence that nothing can shake, secondly, a calm and equality in the vital as well as in the mind which has become the fundamental character of the inner nature. When you possess the equality in the vital it will be impossible for hostile forces to succeed even temporarily in any attack on the mind or the vital.

The Mother mentions about Equality in the Physical:

An equality in the cells! It has come into the body. There is no longer that clash of joy and pain — always and for everything, every minute, every reaction, “You, Lord, to You, Lord.” As though the cells were chanting, “To You Lord, to You Lord, to You Lord….” And… well, that’s how it is.

In spite of everything, the body doesn’t have that sort of eternal stability, the sense of its immortality of its permanence… It still lives in insecurity…. Security, the sense of security only comes through union with the Supreme…We’ll know that we are free from error only when we are all the time, all the time in perfect harmony! To know that all is You, that You alone exist, to feel You everywhere, to feel You always… with a concentration of the true being… what we want is the body to exist in ITSELF, by ITSELF, with all qualities WITHIN ITSELF. — The Mother.

The body has to be transformed and has to live naturally in the divine rhythm.

EQUALITY of the external being means good health, a solid body, controlled nerves — when you are not shaken by the least shock, when you are calm, quiet, poised, balanced. In that condition you can receive into you a great force in yourself from above (or, from the environing energy around you) and yet not get upset. If one of you at any time had received some such force, he must have known by experience that without a perfectly sound physical health, one could not contain or hold it. You cannot remain still, you are restless, you move about, talk, cry, weep, jump or dance, just to throw out the energy you are unable to hold. You scatter about what it is not possible for you to gather and assimilate. In order to be able to gather and assimilate the force, the body and the nerves must be quiet and strong.

Equality of the Soul

Equality of the soul is different; it is psychological, not physical. It is the power to bear the impact of things, good or bad, without being grieved or elated, discouraged or enthused, without any upsetting or disturbance. Whatever happens you remain serene and at peace.

How to Practice / Achieve Equality?

Equality results from an active surrender to the Divine, surrender not only to the divine will but also to divine wisdom. The surrender is active because it is a voluntary and happy subordination of an ignorant will to the Enlightened Will of the One who knows everything and loves all of us.

Equality is not fulfilled till it takes the positive form of love and delight. — — Sri Aurobindo

Equality based in pride, indifference, disappointed indifference, resignation, hardness are egoistic forms not true Equality. Test of desireless action is absolute Equality of mind & heart to all results, all reactions, all happenings, good/ill fortune.

The first condition of inner progress

1. To recognise whatever is or has been a wrong movement in any part of the nature, wrong idea, wrong feeling, wrong speech, wrong action, and by wrong is meant what departs from the truth, from the higher consciousness and higher self, from the way of the Divine. Once recognised it is admitted, not glossed over or defended, and it is offered to the Divine for the Light and Grace to descend and substitute for it the right movement of the true Consciousness. (Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga, Vol. 23, p. 661)

2. The first thing to do in the sadhana is to get a settled peace and silence in the mind. Otherwise you may have experiences, but nothing will be permanent. It is in the silent mind that the true consciousness can be built.

3. A quiet mind does not mean that there will be no thoughts or mental movements at all, but that these will be on the surface and you will feel your true being within separate from them, observing but not carried away, able to watch and judge them and reject all that has to be rejected and to accept and keep to all that is true consciousness and true experience.

4. Passivity of the mind is good, but take care to be passive only to the Truth and to the touch of the Divine Shakti. If you are passive to the suggestions and influences of the lower nature, you will not be able to progress or else you will expose yourself to adverse forces which may take you far away from the true path of yoga.

5. Aspire to the Mother for this settled quietness and calm of the mind and this constant sense of the inner being in you standing back from the external nature and turned to the Light and Truth.

6. The forces that stand in the way of sadhana are the forces of the lower mental, vital and physical nature. Behind them are adverse powers of the mental, vital and subtle physical worlds. These can be dealt with only after the mind and heart have become one-pointed and concentrated in the single aspiration to the Divine.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag

Unsubstantiated crap

Uh, Indira Gandhi. More unsubstantiated crap.

So Kaikeyi was not a warrior?

There is also the story of Princess Tadaatagai, daughter of the second Pandya king Malayadwaja Pandya and his wife Kanchanamalai. She was an incarnation of Goddess Parvati and was raised like a son. She was well-versed in all aspects of warfare. She was named as heir to the throne. When the time for her coronation arrived, she had to conquer all the three worlds. She conquered Brahmaloka, Vaikuntha and Amaravathi with ease. She then proceeded to Kailash and defeated the bhutaganas too. It was when she faced Lord Shiva that she finally bowed her head in shyness.

Prabhavati, Vishalakshi, Palita, Gonasi, Shrimati, Bahula, Bahuputrika, Apsujata, Gopali, Brihadambalika, Jayavati, Malatika, Dhruvaratna, Bhayankari, Vasudama, Sudama, Vishoka, Nandini, Ekacuda, Mahacuda, Cakranemi, Uttejani, Jayatsena, Kamalakshi, Shobhana, Shatrunjaya, Shalabhi, Khari, Madhavi, Shubhavaktra, Tirthanemi, Gitapriya, Kalyani, Kadrula, Amitashana, Meghasvana, Bhogavati, Subhru, Kanakavati, Alatakshi, Viryavati, Vidyujjihva, Padmavati, Sunakshatra, Kandara, Bahuyojana, Santanika, Kamala, Mahabala, Sudama, Bahudama, Suprabha, Yashasvini, Nrityapriya, Shatolukhalamekhala, Shataghanta, Shatananda, Bhagananda, Bhamini, Vapushmati, Candrashita, Bhadrakali, Samkarika, Nishkutika, Bhrama, Catvaravasini, Sumangala, Svastimati, Vriddhikama, Jayapriya, Dhanada, Suprasada, Bhavada, Jaleshvari, Edi, Bhedi, Samedi, Vetalajanani, Kanduti, Kalika, Devamitra, Lambasi, Ketaki, Citrasena, Bala, Kukkutika, Shankhanika, Jarjarika, Kundarika, Kokalika, Kandara, Shatodari, Utkrathini, Jarena, Mahavega, Kankana, Manojava, Kantakini, Praghasa, Putana, Khashaya, Curvyuti, Vama, Kroshanatha, Taditprabha, Mandodari, Tunda, Kotara, Meghavasini, Subhaga, Lambini, Lamba, Vasucuda, Vikatthani, Urdhvavenidhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Prithuvaktra, Madhurika, Madhukumbha, Pakshalika, Manthanika, Jarayu, Jarjaranana, Khyata, Dahadaha, Dhamadhama, Khandakhanda, Pushana, Manikundala, Amogha, Lambapayodhara, Venuvinadhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Shasholukamukhi, Krishna, Kharajangha, Mahajava, Shishumaramukhi, Shveta, Lohitakshi, Vibhishana, Jatalika, Kamacari, Dirghajihva, Balotkata, Kaledika, Vamanika, Mukuta, Lohitakshi, Mahakaya, Haripindi, Ekakshara, Sukusuma, Krishnakarni, Kshurakarni, Catushkarni, Karnapravarana, Catushpathaniketa, Gokarni, Mahishanana, Kharakarni, Mahakarni, Bherisvanamahasvana, Shankhakumbhasvana, Bhangada, Gana, Sugana, Bhiti, Kamada, Catushpatharata, Bhutirtha, Anyagocara, Pashuda, Vittada, Sukhada, Mahayasha, Payoda, Gomahishada, Suvishana, Pratishtha, Supratishtha, Rocamana, Surocana, Naukarni, Mukhakarni, Sasira, Stherika, Ekacakra, Megharava, Meghamala, and Virocana.

It's not up to you to decide, thankfully.

आत्मौपम्येन सर्वत्र समंपश्यति योऽर्जुन |सुखं वा यदि वा दुःखं स योगी परमो मतः ||"He is a perfect yogi who, by comparison to his own self, sees the true equality of all beings, in both, their happiness and their distress, O Arjuna." - Bhagavad Gita (VI.32)

The Gita, 2:48, Sri Aurobindo’s translation

Meaning of Equality:

Equality literally means absence of any difference. It is commonly used for describing an idealistic social goal which would abolish differences based on wealth, position, caste, colour, creed or gender. But Sri Aurobindo has used the word Equality as the English equivalent of samatva, which is an attitude of the mind. A person whose mind is in the state of samatva accepts joy and sorrow, victory and defeat, heat and cold, equally — not just equally, but equally happily. He accepts all conditions and circumstances as a gift from the divine, and therefore accepts them with equal delight. Perfect Equality is the attribute of a very high level of spiritual development. The supreme divine nature is founded on equality.

Equality is to remain unmoved within all circumstances. Sri Aurobindo

We might say that Equality is the very sign of liberation — Sri Aurobindo

Equality is not mental quiet, aloofness, indifference, vital quiescence, nor physical passivity.

Equality is the foundation of perfection. A fundamental Equality is essential to any conceivable perfectibility of the human race.

Equality is a particular STATE where one relates to all things, outer and inner, and to each individual thing, in the same way. That is truly perfect equality: vibrations from things, from people, from contacts have no power to alter that state. — The Mother

Equality is the chief support of the true spiritual consciousness and it is this from which a sadhak deviates when he allows a vital movement to carry him away in feeling or speech or action. It is not easy to have this equality in any full perfect measure, but one should always try more and more to make it the basis of one’s inner state and outer movements.

Need of Equality

When we lead an ordinary life we come across various pleasant and unpleasant situations due to our ignorance and falsehood. We need to develop Equality or Samata and detachment

The best way to prepare oneself for the spiritual life when one has to live in the ordinary occupations and surroundings is to cultivate an entire equality and detachment and the samata of the Gita with the faith that the Divine is there and the Divine Will at work in all things even though at present under the conditions of a world of Ignorance. Beyond this are the Light and Ananda towards which life is working, but the best way for their advent and foundation in the individual being and nature is to grow in this spiritual equality. That would also solve your difficulty about things unpleasant and disagreeable. All unpleasantness should be faced with this spirit of samata.

Our aim is perfection and not success. To be perfect, the equality must be invariable and spontaneous, effortless, towards all circumstances, all happenings, all contacts, material or psychological, irrespective of their character and impact.

Characteristics of Equality

- To have a quiet and unmoved mind and vital,

- Not to be touched or disturbed by things that happen or things said or done to you, but to look at them with a straight look, free from the distortions created by personal feeling, and to try to understand what is behind them, why they happen, what is to be learnt from them, what is it in oneself which they are cast against and what inner profit or progress one can make out of them;

- To have self-mastery over the vital movements, anger and sensitiveness and pride as well as desire and the rest, not to let them get hold of the emotional being and disturb the inner peace, not to speak and act in the rush and impulsion of these things, always to act and speak out of a calm inner poise of the spirit.

- To have an equal view of men and their nature and acts and the forces that move them;

- Helps one to see the truth about them by pushing away from the mind all personal feeling in one’s seeing and judgment and even all the mental bias.

- Personal feeling always distorts and makes one see in men’s actions, not only the actions themselves, but things behind them which, more often than not, are not there. Misunderstanding, misjudgment which could have been avoided are the result; things of small consequence assume larger proportions. I have seen that more than half of the untoward happenings of this kind in life are due to this cause. But in ordinary life personal feeling and sensitiveness are a constant part of human nature and may be needed there for self-defence, although, I think, even there, a strong, large and equal attitude towards men and things would be a much better line of defence. But for a sadhak, to surmount them and live rather in the calm strength of the spirit is an essential part of his progress.

Impact or Power of Equality:

ü Growth in the Sattvic nature brings an increasing capacity for a high quietude, Equality and transcendence.

ü Perfect spiritual Equality is one true and infallible sign of overcoming desire, equal-souled to all things, seeing One in all.

ü Divine love extended in inward feeling to Divine in man & all creatures in active universal Equality creates harmony & unity.

Note: Pain is the touch of our Mother teaching us how to bear and grow in rapture. She has three stages of her schooling, endurance first, next Equality of soul, last ecstasy.

- Sri Aurobindo

Gita’s three primary springs of Karmayoga are Equality, renunciation of desire for fruit of works, action as sacrifice to Lord.

Difference between Equality and Equanimity

Equality & Equanimity

Equality is not exactly the same as equanimity. Equality is something positive.

Equanimity just means not getting disturbed by change of circumstances

Equality goes one step beyond equanimity. It means being equally happy in all circumstances

Equanimity can be achieved in many ways. It may be the result of being beaten into shape by the hard knocks of life. It may arise from philosophical indifference to joy and sorrow. It may be stoic equanimity which considers endurance to be a sign of good character

But Equality can be achieved only by adopting the spiritual worldview

Equanimity can be achieved by immutable peace and calm.

It is only from the spiritual angle that even the worst in life can be seen as a blessing because it is an opportunity for spiritual growth. That is why, from the spiritual point of view, it is easy to accept all events and circumstances of life as the conditions that the Divine has seen in its Supreme wisdom to be the most appropriate for us to grow spiritually; hence the acceptance of everything in life with equal delight.

Equanimity and peace in all conditions in all parts of the being is the first foundation of the Yogic status

Equanimity: With as much equanimity as we can muster we have to meet whatever wrong notes ring inwardly or outwardly. If we do this, they turn into stepping stones towards the ultimate harmony. Of course, our equanimity has to be, as a phrase in Savitri goes,

A heart of silence in the hands of joy.

Equanimity is gained in two ways. First, by a stepping back into some tranquil Vast that is ever there behind our throbbing human smallness. Secondly, by catching all hurtful disturbing touches from the common world upon our heart before they pierce the surface and, without any attempt to think how to meet them, remembering the Mother and offering them to her. Thus at once we get free from them and some smiling Vast beyond us takes them up. This Vast and that tranquil Vast are two aspects of the same luminous Liberty that sets the stage for our self-transcendence into spirituality.

Sri Aurobindo’s Yoga is founded in equanimity, a wide solid calm, which can sustain all the extraordinary experiences which he can give to his children. If there is no tranquil base, marvellous experiences may come but won’t remain as part of one’s being. If the foundation keeps shaking, how can a superstructure be established. Towers may soar up but they will topple if the ground is not steady. And there is a further reason for serenity.

By equanimity we have an equal attitude towards all events — a facing of everything with an unaltered peace. No reaction of a personal nature to any impact from outside - no excited rejoicing, no upsetting distress, no impulsive anger. By this constant composure we acquire a distance from the entire play of time and, while discerning the Divine everywhere, remain uncaught by the nama-rupa under which the Supreme manifests. The grip of “name and form” loosens and we are free to meet the Reality transcending them. Equanimity in the Aurobindonian Yoga does not dry up the heart. Against a background of vast illumined tranquillity the heart keeps functioning but now serving like a centre of pure light and a core of clear warmth to that background. Only thus can we be human with all the tenderness possible, all the attention needed by the call of earth and yet know the inner liberty without which we are ill equipped to experience the touch of the Eternal Beauty and be its instruments in a fallible and mutable world.

When it is the psychic that rules all the movements of the being, then the lower vital nature completely disappears and when the equanimity of the higher consciousness takes complete possession of the lower vital. Till then one can establish a control, diminish and reduce it to a touch that has no outward effect or a wave that passes without self-expression. In the case of any adverse forces attack, the first thing to do is to keep throughout a perfect equanimity and not to allow thoughts of disturbed anxiety or depression to enter you.

To keep this equanimity and absence of reactions and from that calm ground to direct the Yoga-force on things and persons (not for egoistic aims but for the work to be done) is the position of the Yogi.

If there is desire there will be attachment, demand, craving, loss of equanimity, sorrow at not getting, all that is unyogic. If there are good desires, bad desires will come also. There is a place for will and aspiration, not for desire.

We should follow what The Mother told to Champaklal ji about practicing Equanimity for a year:

In 1940 Sri Aurobindo wrote to you: “Tranquillise and widen your consciousness” and I insisted on achieving equanimity. Many, things have happened since then, much progress has been done and yet these things remain still to be fully realised. Let these be accomplished during this year that begins for you. A silent equanimity both inside and outside will be a great achievement for.

With my love and blessings.

The Mother.

One advice on the value of Equanimity by Babaji Maharaj

Question: This is correct that, under any circumstances a spiritual Sadhaka should not quarrel. But one of our friends has been committing a mistake; by that the Mother’s work is being hampered. In this situation, without doing anything should we be only a silent witness? Is this correct?

Answer: No, one need not watch only silently, one must explain the thing to him. Before explaining the thing to him, you observe carefully your own heart. In your heart, if there is no anxiety or hostile attitude towards that person, then you explain to him the mistake he has committed with goodwill in your heart. But only once. If the person understanding his own mistake wants to rectify the same on your words, then you may advise him to correct himself. If the person protests against your words, then immediately you keep quiet. Do not allow yourself to be perturbed and do sincerely the Mother’s work. If you remain unfazed, then the Mother’s work will advance through you. If you have a greater equanimity within yourself, and give greatest importance to the Mother’s work in your life, then you pray sincerely for the preservation of the Mother’s work and for the correction of the fault of that person, or keep a good will towards him. If you cannot do this, then without nourishing any revolting attitude within you, do your own work. Leave the work of that person to the decision of the Mother.

Four Aspects of Equality

Sri Aurobindo’s methodology involves the individual seeker in undertaking a detailed review of his progress in the practice of Yoga, the sadhana. Since equality is such an essential and foundational aspect of Yoga, he has not only devoted considerable effort to understanding what it is, but has also broken it down into elements which must be developed continually to achieve perfection in the process.

“The first business of the Sadhaka is to see whether he has the perfect equality, how far he has gone in this direction or else where is the flaw, and to exercise steadily his will on his nature or invite the will of the Purusha to get rid of the defect and its causes.”

He then identifies four aspects of equality which represent its action on various different levels of his psychological makeup: “There are four things that he must have;

1. Equality in the most concrete practical sense of the word, samata, freedom from mental, vital, physical preferences, an even acceptance of all God’s workings within and around him;

2. A firm peace and absence of all disturbance and trouble, shanti;

3. A positive inner spiritual happiness and spiritual ease of the natural being which nothing can lessen, sukham;

4. A clear joy and laughter of the soul embracing life and existence.”

Equality is equated with Yoga in the Gita, as this psychological status can only be achieved fully when one has transcended the normal limited human reactions and the interplay of the Gunas: “To be equal is to be infinite and universal, not to limit oneself, not to bind oneself down to this or that form of the mind and life and its partial preferences and desires.”

Obviously the normal human condition does not meet this definition, and as long as we live in the body-life-mind, we cannot expect to achieve the complete equality Sri Aurobindo is describing. The human being lives in a state of attachment, desire and mental conceptions. “To accept them is at first inevitable, to go beyond them exceedingly difficult and not, perhaps, altogether possible so long as we are compelled to use the mind as the chief instrument of our action. The first necessity therefore is to take at least the sting out of them, to deprive them, even when they persist, of their greater insistence, their present egoism, their more violent claim on our nature.”

The Mother mentions about Mental Equality:

Mental Equality is when a state is reached where one is unable to initiate any activity; only the stimulus of an impulsion from above can move you. So you do nothing, you just stay like that, perfectly immobile in your mind (not only physically — especially in your mind): you don’t initiate anything.

Before, the mind was always creating, setting actions, wills and movements into motion, producing consequences; and it’s very frightening when that stops — you feel you’re becoming an idiot. But it’s quite the opposite! No more ideas, no more will, no more impulsions, nothing. You act only when something makes you act, without knowing why or how. This “something” doesn’t come from below, of course, it mustn’t come from below. But that condition can truly be achieved only when all the work below has been completed.

It’s that old habit, the old fear of being lazy. It took me…. But Sri Aurobindo cured me of that rather quickly. That’s how it was before I met him. And that’s the first thing he did: he gave me a tap on the head, and all activity ceased — total silence, all mental constructions and habits swept away… in the blink of an eye. I was very careful not to let it come back.

That is to say, all ideas and emotions from all quarters may come into your head or heart, even the most contradictory: yet you remain quiet, untroubled, and even unconcerned. You are a witness, you see them, sort them, arrange them, put each idea in its proper place, appreciate the value of each, determine the relation of each to the other, and to the whole, but you are not swayed by any particular one.

Vital Equality: First, an entire love, devotion and confidence that nothing can shake, secondly, a calm and equality in the vital as well as in the mind which has become the fundamental character of the inner nature. When you possess the equality in the vital it will be impossible for hostile forces to succeed even temporarily in any attack on the mind or the vital.

The Mother mentions about Equality in the Physical:

An equality in the cells! It has come into the body. There is no longer that clash of joy and pain — always and for everything, every minute, every reaction, “You, Lord, to You, Lord.” As though the cells were chanting, “To You Lord, to You Lord, to You Lord….” And… well, that’s how it is.

In spite of everything, the body doesn’t have that sort of eternal stability, the sense of its immortality of its permanence… It still lives in insecurity…. Security, the sense of security only comes through union with the Supreme…We’ll know that we are free from error only when we are all the time, all the time in perfect harmony! To know that all is You, that You alone exist, to feel You everywhere, to feel You always… with a concentration of the true being… what we want is the body to exist in ITSELF, by ITSELF, with all qualities WITHIN ITSELF. — The Mother.

The body has to be transformed and has to live naturally in the divine rhythm.

EQUALITY of the external being means good health, a solid body, controlled nerves — when you are not shaken by the least shock, when you are calm, quiet, poised, balanced. In that condition you can receive into you a great force in yourself from above (or, from the environing energy around you) and yet not get upset. If one of you at any time had received some such force, he must have known by experience that without a perfectly sound physical health, one could not contain or hold it. You cannot remain still, you are restless, you move about, talk, cry, weep, jump or dance, just to throw out the energy you are unable to hold. You scatter about what it is not possible for you to gather and assimilate. In order to be able to gather and assimilate the force, the body and the nerves must be quiet and strong.

Equality of the Soul

Equality of the soul is different; it is psychological, not physical. It is the power to bear the impact of things, good or bad, without being grieved or elated, discouraged or enthused, without any upsetting or disturbance. Whatever happens you remain serene and at peace.

How to Practice / Achieve Equality?

Equality results from an active surrender to the Divine, surrender not only to the divine will but also to divine wisdom. The surrender is active because it is a voluntary and happy subordination of an ignorant will to the Enlightened Will of the One who knows everything and loves all of us.

Equality is not fulfilled till it takes the positive form of love and delight. — — Sri Aurobindo

Equality based in pride, indifference, disappointed indifference, resignation, hardness are egoistic forms not true Equality. Test of desireless action is absolute Equality of mind & heart to all results, all reactions, all happenings, good/ill fortune.

The first condition of inner progress

1. To recognise whatever is or has been a wrong movement in any part of the nature, wrong idea, wrong feeling, wrong speech, wrong action, and by wrong is meant what departs from the truth, from the higher consciousness and higher self, from the way of the Divine. Once recognised it is admitted, not glossed over or defended, and it is offered to the Divine for the Light and Grace to descend and substitute for it the right movement of the true Consciousness. (Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga, Vol. 23, p. 661)

2. The first thing to do in the sadhana is to get a settled peace and silence in the mind. Otherwise you may have experiences, but nothing will be permanent. It is in the silent mind that the true consciousness can be built.i

3. A quiet mind does not mean that there will be no thoughts or mental movements at all, but that these will be on the surface and you will feel your true being within separate from them, observing but not carried away, able to watch and judge them and reject all that has to be rejected and to accept and keep to all that is true consciousness and true experience.

4. Passivity of the mind is good, but take care to be passive only to the Truth and to the touch of the Divine Shakti. If you are passive to the suggestions and influences of the lower nature, you will not be able to progress or else you will expose yourself to adverse forces which may take you far away from the true path of yoga.

5. Aspire to the Mother for this settled quietness and calm of the mind and this constant sense of the inner being in you standing back from the external nature and turned to the Light and Truth.

6. The forces that stand in the way of sadhana are the forces of the lower mental, vital and physical nature. Behind them are adverse powers of the mental, vital and subtle physical worlds. These can be dealt with only after the mind and heart have become one-pointed and concentrated in the single aspiration to the Divine.
Equality is not a god that I am forced to follow,my only goal as an athiest is the survival and thriving of my tribe to procreate and ensure survival in terms of evolution and secondarily of its culture if it does not hamper the first objective.

In that equality is not a valuable or desirable trait to ensure evolutionary fitness of my tribe and is actually a detriment in many situations.

High in group altruism and support is a good value for example and many more.

But all this will go over your NPC head who has been programmed with the equality software and keeps repeating the same bullshit everytime.survival is everything and I will adopt and throwaway values and elevate and demote values to ensure long term survival of my tribe with which I share more genetic similarity and equality with its effects I have observed in the modern west with its adoption and promotion will be noted as value to not champion in most cases.also don't be seen simping over a value,it is very cringe.it is not your god,or your mother or father.if it does not serve you or your tribe and does not lead you or your group to a more dominating or supreme position,dump it and adopt another value or another set of values.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
Equality is not a god that I am forced to follow,my only goal as an athiest is the survival and thriving of my tribe to procreate and ensure survival in terms of evolution and secondarily of its culture if it does not hamper the first objective.

In that equality is not a valuable or desirable trait to ensure evolutionary fitness of my tribe and is actually a detriment in many situations.
Athiests can't lecture us about our Hindu culture. Next.

srevster

Country flag

High in group altruism and support is a good value for example and many more.

But all this will go over your NPC head who has been programmed with the equality software and keeps repeating the same bullshit everytime.survival is everything and I will adopt and throwaway values and elevate and demote values to ensure long term survival of my tribe with which I share more genetic similarity and equality with its effects I have observed in the modern west with its adoption and promotion will be noted as value to not champion in most cases.also don't be seen simping over a value,it is very cringe.it is not your god,or your mother or father.if it does not serve you or your tribe and does not lead you or your group to a more dominating or supreme position,dump it and adopt another value or another set of values.
Actually it does. Equality unites and in-equality divides. Very simple. Hinduism always put sense of self as something that is separable from your physical presence. Suppressing a soul's aspiration to contribute to society is introducing a materialist notion of sense of self. You are attributing a sense of self worth to an individual based on their physical body and not by their spirit or intellect. This is a big nono in Hinduism and it is the cultural values I have been brought up with and identify with. I will allow discourse on the contrary because that is your right as an individual, and also it gives me opportunities to push a narrative that helps the growth of the nation in-spite of the friction in the conversation. I might say things that hurt people's feelings, but that is not my problem. My conviction comes from my belief and sense of self. I attribute that same sense of self to others and try to take on the perspective of women who have been subjected to a physical sense of self vs their true sense of self. Once society allows women to attain that status, India will prosper faster, become stronger and have a mature civil code.

srevster

Country flag
They have their abodes on trees and open spots and crossings of four roads. They live also in caves and crematoriums, mountains and springs. Adorned with diverse kinds of ornaments, they wear diverse kinds of attire, and speak diverse languages. These and many other tribes (of the mothers), all capable of inspiring foes with dread, followed the high-souled Kartikeya at the command of the chief of the celestials.

Listen now to the large bands of the mothers, those slayers of foes, O hero, that became the companions of Kumara, as I mention their names. Listen, O Bharata, to the names of those illustrious mothers. The mobile and immobile universe is pervaded by those auspicious ones. They are Prabhavati, Vishalakshi, Palita, Gonasi, Shrimati, Bahula, Bahuputrika, Apsujata, Gopali, Brihadambalika, Jayavati, Malatika, Dhruvaratna, Bhayankari, Vasudama, Sudama, Vishoka, Nandini, Ekacuda, Mahacuda, Cakranemi, Uttejani, Jayatsena, Kamalakshi, Shobhana, Shatrunjaya, Shalabhi, Khari, Madhavi, Shubhavaktra, Tirthanemi, Gitapriya, Kalyani, Kadrula, Amitashana, Meghasvana, Bhogavati, Subhru, Kanakavati, Alatakshi, Viryavati, Vidyujjihva, Padmavati, Sunakshatra, Kandara, Bahuyojana, Santanika, Kamala, Mahabala, Sudama, Bahudama, Suprabha, Yashasvini, Nrityapriya, Shatolukhalamekhala, Shataghanta, Shatananda, Bhagananda, Bhamini, Vapushmati, Candrashita, Bhadrakali, Samkarika, Nishkutika, Bhrama, Catvaravasini, Sumangala, Svastimati, Vriddhikama, Jayapriya, Dhanada, Suprasada, Bhavada, Jaleshvari, Edi, Bhedi, Samedi, Vetalajanani, Kanduti, Kalika, Devamitra, Lambasi, Ketaki, Citrasena, Bala, Kukkutika, Shankhanika, Jarjarika, Kundarika, Kokalika, Kandara, Shatodari, Utkrathini, Jarena, Mahavega, Kankana, Manojava, Kantakini, Praghasa, Putana, Khashaya, Curvyuti, Vama, Kroshanatha, Taditprabha, Mandodari, Tunda, Kotara, Meghavasini, Subhaga, Lambini, Lamba, Vasucuda, Vikatthani, Urdhvavenidhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Prithuvaktra, Madhurika, Madhukumbha, Pakshalika, Manthanika, Jarayu, Jarjaranana, Khyata, Dahadaha, Dhamadhama, Khandakhanda, Pushana, Manikundala, Amogha, Lambapayodhara, Venuvinadhara, Pingakshi, Lohamekhala, Shasholukamukhi, Krishna, Kharajangha, Mahajava, Shishumaramukhi, Shveta, Lohitakshi, Vibhishana, Jatalika, Kamacari, Dirghajihva, Balotkata, Kaledika, Vamanika, Mukuta, Lohitakshi, Mahakaya, Haripindi, Ekakshara, Sukusuma, Krishnakarni, Kshurakarni, Catushkarni, Karnapravarana, Catushpathaniketa, Gokarni, Mahishanana, Kharakarni, Mahakarni, Bherisvanamahasvana, Shankhakumbhasvana, Bhangada, Gana, Sugana, Bhiti, Kamada, Catushpatharata, Bhutirtha, Anyagocara, Pashuda, Vittada, Sukhada, Mahayasha, Payoda, Gomahishada, Suvishana, Pratishtha, Supratishtha, Rocamana, Surocana, Naukarni, Mukhakarni, Sasira, Stherika, Ekacakra, Megharava, Meghamala, and Virocana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles