Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

srevster

Country flag
I will tell you what pseudo hippy bs is. Here ^ .

@Cheran @DocK @Aspirant847 @vampyrbladez look at this .

Not surprised given everythings failed for you so you tard infested piece of shit has retarded into the traducement and vilification of Bipin Rawat . Bipin Rawat is a 4 star general and holds splendiferous awards like Param Vishisht Seva Medal Uttam Yudh Seva medal Ati Vishisht Seva medal and dozen others. He knows everything. He is a grandmaster of strategy planning and has been awarded for gallantry and distinguished service of over 5 decades.
And who the fuck are you to question his credentials. How about your credentials exactly . You havent paid a penny worth of tax in your entire vemin existence and your mom pays all your rent. You are a waste of air . You are known to suffer from acne, fatness, puberty, angst, self-loathing a worthless forum mongrel who spams horseshit on this forum under the overprotective custody of his parents. Hell I can even hear your mother screaming at you right now from the other room .
Army is not gonna do any of your total equality horsehit. Its only on papers and theory. Women are offered roles like protecting the perimeters or normal patrolling in no danger zones only.

You got comprehnsion capablities of a flaccid penis. I dont like repeating myself. Women have less than 50% of the upper body strength of men, incur higher rates of injury as well as longer periods of recuperation, and this doesn't even take into consideration . pregnancy.Schaefer and her colleagues found that even in the most wildly optimistic scenario, where 400 female candidates try out for Marine Corps infantry positions every year and 85 percent complete basic training, just 8 percent of the infantry would be female in 2030 and that also just because of lowering standards.
A study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that men had an average of 26 lbs. (12 kilograms) more skeletal muscle mass than women. Women also exhibited about 40 percent less upper-body strength and 33 percent less lower-body strength, on average, the study found
A NET LOSS FOR ARMY.

Its obvious by now whos the massive cunt . When a bunch of red dead redemption **** will raid your house. You will be the first to abandon your mother and every blood related women to run the fuck away . As your feminstard chutiyapa denies you common sense. Without realizing that women are not an equal substitute for men on the battlefield in the direct fire mode. The memoirs opinions and scientific data confirms what is biologically obvious; men are different from women both physically and psychologically. That pretending that they are the same escapes all common sense, denies reality and puts both sexes at greater risk on the battlefield of the future.

Sod off with your discussions on merit. You have a half dyk habbit of iterationyou will continue to whine on the same point over and over without refuting shit with data.Your arguments dont hold water and your fallacy flinging has drowned your brain into lesbian piss.
Lemme repost again for 3rd time now .
> women wants to be stronger than average man LOL
The military is watering down fitness standards because most female recruits can’t even meet them.
In September 2015 the Marine Corps released a study comparing the performance of gender-integrated and male-only infantry units in simulated combat. The all-male teams greatly outperformed the integrated teams, whether on shooting, surmounting obstacles or evacuating casualties. Female Marines were injured at more than six times the rate of men during preliminary training—unsurprising, since men’s higher testosterone levels produce stronger bones and muscles. Even the fittest women (which the study participants were) must work at maximal physical capacity when carrying a 100-pound pack or repeatedly loading heavy shells into a cannon.
Male officers spend most of their time in frontline positions along the LoC in direct combat, in places like Siachen where the temperature goes below -50 degrees, and in counter-terrorism and insurgency operations in places like Jammu and Kashmir and the northeast.After such difficult postings, away from families, officers look forward to coming back to peace stations where they can take up command positions.
Now, if these positions are given to women officers, where would the male officers go? Should they remain in hard postings? Is this not counter discriminatory to the officer, his wife, children and parents?
I will asswhoop you in the post below on ucc. @DocK @Cheran @Aspirant847 @vampyrbladez

Now accuse others of reading comprehension ? Its evident who has skipped a large portions of my posts with regards to statistics lmao. Nothing better expected given you have never held any job besides minimum-wage retard-work. You have the mind of a child and the dick of one too.
Qualify ? My ass. Only two women have passed the Marine Corps’s fabled infantry-officer training course out of the three dozen who have tried. The two women who pass 1 test often fuck up in others. Hell Most wash out in the combat endurance test, administered on day one. Participants hike miles while carrying combat loads of 80 pounds or more, climb 20-foot ropes multiple times, and scale an 8-foot barrier. The purpose of the test is to ensure that officers can hump their own equipment and still arrive at a battleground mentally and physically capable of leading troops. Most female aspirants couldn’t pass the basic test, so the Marines changed it from a pass/fail requirement to an unscored exercise with no bearing on the candidate’s ultimate evaluation. This is absolutely lethal for army.
Then also this :
The injury rate is higher not because of difference in regiment you donkey nicompoop.I post it again.Many studies reveal women are two to four times more likely than men to tear the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in their knee. so even if they pass the same studies they are still much more prone to injuries than men due to physical diff, which is net loss to army .

LMAO Not everybody is a sickfuck like you Now you want our Most cultured army to delet all sorts of obscenities in the name of equality and censorship. Highly unlikely that even your own mom or your sisters or any women in general sharing your own basement would agree to this horseshit. Also even in mount everest poo in the loo job ..... Well the answer is separately. To have a Pee the boys have a little latrine with a lovely view of the Ice Fall. The girls have a tent to hide their modesty.For this task they have a delightful barrel, complete with toilet seat. At times they are forced to piss they do it in bottles inside tents. I havent heard men and women sitting face to face and shitting or pissing . No real women will accept to strip before unfamiliar men to attend the natures call.

ALSO POST THE STATISTICS THAT HOW MANY WOMEN ARE WILLING AND ABSOLUTELY OKAY TO STRIP SHOW THEIR PRIVATE PARTS AND ATTEND THE NATURES CALL WITH DOZEN UNFAMILIAR MEN . YOU CAN BEGIN BY ASKING YOUR MOM OR SISTER LMAO.

Heres nightmare fuel for you btw. Now you are attempting to draw false equivalnces between tourist mountain expeditions and Siachen Postings.
View attachment 80445
You want women in the combat by comparing shit with Mount Everest ?They suck at mount Everest too.
View attachment 80446
Only 10% . In 2019 it was 18%, Again fucking up with standards. LMFAO @Cheran @DocK @vampyrbladez isko kahan se pakad k laye ho?

.However in Siachen the environment is very diffrent from a regular mount everst expeditions.In Siachen, there are posts with only four soldiers. They sleep and share the same cramped post to attend nature’s call. Can one imagine a female soldier there?Soldiers undertake patrols that last for over 20 days at times. During this period, the men sleep and bathe together, and do the morning chores in open, often with another team keeping a watch for a possible ambush. There can be no separate arrangements for women.

@Cheran @DocK @vampyrbladez @Aspirant847 check his mental clusterfuck with regards to constitution now. First he claimed that a bunch of women snipers destroyed all them army groups at stalingrad. He got screwed hard on that so hes come with ucc now . Lemme also rekt his bs with regards to same.

Clearly you are a shitheaded orangutan who doesnt know shit about anything, not even constitution. This is exactly what happens when you pseudo intellectuals do a half ass google search to seek ass of education.
Men and women are not equal. : The primary objective of the Article 14 is to remove all forms of inequalities from a society. But it is important to understand that equality means treating equals equally and not unequal’s equally. This concept can be best understood by stating that if the deprived sections are treated equally with the uplifted sections then the concept of equality will not serve its purpose. If equals are not treated equally then it will become impossible to abolish inequalities present in the society.. The proper meaning of the right to equality is based upon the concept of equality among the equals. This can be witness in the Constitution itself as the Constitution of BHARAT empowers the Parliament to enact special laws for the welfare of the deprived sections, and various schemes are also initiated by the government to uplift the deprived sections to bring them at power with the uplifted section of the society. For examples Upper caste cant go to court today and argue that we need special provisions as it has been given to obcs or dalits.
ALso Under Article 16, exceptions to the right of equality of opportunity in matters of public employment are provided for to protect the interests of the weaker and vulnerable sections of society such as women, children, the backward classes (SC/ST) and minorities. The Parliament may also pass a law to the effect that a certain post be filled only by people residing in a certain area, to fulfil the conditions of the post that warrants the knowledge of the locality and the local language. The article also mentions that there can be a law which provides that the incumbent of an office in connection with the affairs of any religious or denominational institution shall be a person professing a particular religion or belonging to a particular denomination.
Whenever a law is passed its provisions have always have reasonable restrictions.

Dont lecture us on gender equality. Gender equality is something the subhuman west needs to learn. Example amreeka got its independence in 1776, and no female president or vice president yet.
For the sake of women we went to war our ancestors went to war :Mahabharat for the humiliation that real women Draupdi the daughter of king Drupad suffered.

Just because you are lonely lesser bastard spawn , we cant let you and your Feminists BS to turn Bhartiya women into sad lonely divorced hags . Just as they fucked up family unit in amreeka Where - The average bastard rate is – 40%
The percentage of single mothers and divorce rates in USB – 50%
Your flag also shows amreeka . Ironic !Land of prisoners- highest incarceration rate in the world .

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Because man can cope. Women and children are most vulunberale. One requires no phd to comprehend this.
Also this :
https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/indian-woman-for-combat-duties.79283/post-1875651 by
@DocK

by @ezsasa . He raised very valid points . I quote him -
Me thinks this women in combat narrative is little more sinister than that..

If we make a list of countries where this “women in combat” is being seriously propagated, next to that column we make a list of each country’s primary & secondary adversaries, high probability that “women in combat” narrative will be absent from the adversary list. which essentially means, if WIC does get implemented and proper infantry combat does occur it would be unevenly matched with adversary having the upper hand in certain theatres of war during combat. Likelyhood of adversary just punching thru and gaining upper hand, tilting the balance in adversary’s favour.

by @Aspirant847

by @Aspirant847

by @vampyrbladez
And probably this entire thread LMFAO. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dont embarass yourself further . Your face looks like a puffed up baboon asscrack with hiv, everytime you make arguments like this. Now you are clearly bragging to hide your intellectual assrape which I just did. No need to say thanks for it.
You belong to the same bastard stock who tout "the wondrous merits of having supposedly skipped grades in high school" or "how they single handedly could cure cancer... if they really wanted to" .
Common Ordinary Responsible Logical Citizens of Bharat dont take your vermin kind seriously.

@vampyrbladez @DocK @Cheran now check this.
You are a coomer. physical strength is "a matter of life or death for the unit and the individuals in it."Hell I don't ever remember a single male Marine in the fleet or support unit who could only do three pullups and here 45 then 55 percent of women fucked up.
Male Marines have to perform 20 pullups to get a maximum score on their fitness test, but their female equivalents only have to pull their weight up eight times to earn the same result because of lowered down standards. This is clearly a net loss for the army.
And do you even know what followed after two days you pathetic dopey cumbersome bastard? But just two days into the new year, officers revealed that 55 per cent of women at the Marine Corps' boot camp on South Carolina's Parris Island still fell short of the three pull-up minimum.In the meantime, female Marines were to return to a less-demanding "flexed arm hang" . Lowering standards for political correctness aint good .

Dyslexic people aint worthy of getting into army . 3rd time you are skipping my argument now. I post it again LOLZ
"The injury rate is higher not because of difference in regiment you donkey nicompoop.Many studies reveal women are two to four times more likely than men to tear the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in their knee. so even if they pass the same studies they are still much more prone to injuries than men due to physical diff, which is net loss to army ."

All of my arguments have been scientifically backed from the happenings of the past and present , memoirs and studies unlike your subhuman fallacy flingings. And you havent been able to refute me on one. You just keep evading the topic .

You are infact that forum mongrel that won't shut the fuck up about himself and how intelligent he claims to be it's also very common tactic ironically used as an insult by the very pseudo-intellectual to denounce the opposition for attention whoring. Rather than offer any sort of coherent counter argument backed with data you want to slip right out of my intellectual check by continually trying to fruitlessly move your filthy stinky mouth piece around on the board.

No wonder man children and feminists alike. And literally everybody in this forum has pwned your dhimmi rona in all directions. You are still free to to continually bleat your BS in response to everytime getting verbally bitch slapped up long side your shit head.

A genuine advice - You should join some degenerate slavery 2.0 and consensual cucked male bdsm promoting forums. Ironic truth be told, it could stand for bullshit, dongs, shit & your mom. I am certain you will be able to live your women in the combat sophism more accurately there.

I am done with you now. Thanks for being a source of our entertainment. I am bored with you. Wont promise quoting back its waste of time . My posts will eternally stand here as a beacon against your BS. And absolute majority will learn from them. At the same time they will continue to cause massive butthurts to your vermin kind. Now you can quickly press the X button at the corner of your screen!

Good evening...
All I have to say is lol. You sound like you lost a kidney allowing women to fight.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
All I have to say is lol. You sound like you lost a kidney allowing women to fight.
When you allow them to fight in present scenario. You will lose everything let alone kidneys because of this total equality joke...

Edit - I havent lost anything. My Master constantly looks after all the abhyasis of the path including me .My Spiritual Master is the guide of mine and the guide of each and every abhayasi of the path. Able Masters . My master is most able of all and he rekts "karmic samskaars or impressions" jahan talwar lagni hoti hai uske jagah sirf chota sa sui chubh jata hai.

Last edited:

DocK

Country flag
Galwan was fought with sticks and stones right. Pick a century for the warfare, haha.
And the bodies returned in Which Century? Again I ask you to read my post. Is our country and its Present Day Culture ready for Female Warriors in Body Bags.
You can’t oppress half the population and deny them their rights and expect a confident and strong country at the same time.

Indian women have the right to fight. Our ancestors sacrificed their lives to protect that right.
In India women are Not Oppressed just because they are out of Combat. It's just that we are not at a place where we can place them in combat and shrug off their deaths.
Indian army needs to free itself from the colonial hangover and the worship of British culture. There are too many bullshit policies that are still keeping India weak

this is possible if we keep our dharmic roots and shed the Mughal and Victorian ideals of a women’s role. This is why the history is important. We should go by the principles of our ancestors and enact similar policies, tapping into the potential of the nation: especially our female citizens
Even German, British and French women fought bravely in WWII without Dharmic Culture but then again it was an EXISTENTIAL War then. You really believe that in an all out war with large manpower decimated our government will not arm women?

But like I said, we are not there yet. We can let them rise IF NEED BE. No need for additional Cannon Fodder where none is needed.

By the way,
Thank you.

You made me realise my culture. The more I was irritated by your inability to understand valid points or more you stuck with not even a thought of looking at other point of view. The more polite I became to you. Thank you and like a saying,
You can wake the sleeping but not the one pretending sleep. Good Night.

srevster

Country flag
The tradition of female warriors in India continued until recent times with:
Jhansi Rani Lakshmibai
Jhalkari Bai of Jhansi (dalit woman)
Rani Chennamma of Belgaum, Karnataka
Ahilyabai Holkar
Uda Devi
Azizun Bai
Rani Avantibai
Rani Velu Nachiyar
Onake Obavva
Veera Shiromani Keladi Chennamma
Kittur Chennamma
Rani Abbakka Chowta
Rani Rudrama Devi
Rani Durgavati
Rani Tarabai
Rani Mangammal
Bibi Dalair Kaur
Bibi Sahib Kaur
Chand Bibi
Mai Bhago
Belawadi Mallamma
Belawadi Mallamma
Unniyarcha
There were more warrior Queens in the south, but little is known about them.

The Bhaumakara dynasty (in Odisha) included the warrior Queens Tribhuvana Mahadevi (I and II, also called Prithivi), Gauri Mahadevi, Dandi Mahadevi, Vakula Mahadevi, Dharma Mahadevi. Even before the first important King in the dynasty, the tradition of the Bhaumakaras spoke of a powerful chieftainess among their ancestors, called Devi Gosvamini.

Queen Vishpala is mentioned in Rig Veda; it is said that she lost her leg during a battle, and was given a prosthetic leg of iron so that she could return to the fight.

In Ramayana, Queen Kaikeyi is such a valiant warrior that she singlehandedly rescues her husband Dasaratha when he is knocked unconscious on the battlefield and surrounded by enemies.

What to speak of Durga and Lakshmi and Kali, normally portrayed in fighting mode.

srevster

Country flag
Let me give portraits, as an answer because pictures speak a thousand words. Let me start with Hinduism texts

1. Mahishasura mardhini

2. narakasura vadham

From history

1. Rani Velu nachiyar

Rani Lakshmi Bai

Jhalkari bai

srevster

Country flag
Who were the greatest female warriors in the history of the world?
In world history there must have been numerous female warriors. However, my knowledge of them is limited, but, I know of numerous INDIAN FEMALE QUEENS/WARRIORS who fought for their kingdom. Here is a list of some of them (of whom I am aware of):
RANI (Queen) ABBAKKA of Chowta: This is one of the endearing stories of the early 1500s. At the turn of the century, the Portuguese had defeated the mighty Zamorin of Calicut and thus taken control of spice trade (Cochin was the primary port for shipment of spices from India). They further went on to capture the Islands of Bombay, take Goa and made it their capital, captured Diu from the Sultan of Gujarat, defeated the Sultan of Bijapur and then turned their attention to a small kingdom 14 kms from Mangalore - Ullal. A small naval contingent was sent to take of Ullal, a rich kingdom ruled by a 30 year old Queen Abbakka.

The Portuguese naval boats or sailors didn’t make it back. So, the Portuguese sent a naval fleet under the command of a celebrated Admiral Dom Alvaro Da Siveira. Few days later the Admiral returned to the Portuguese Capital with injuries and defeat under him. Then the Portuguese sent a larger fleet to capture Ullal but that too was destroyed.
Rani Abbakka was earlier married to the King of Mangalore. but they were estranged. The Portuguese captured Mangalore and sent a large army to subdue Rani Abbakka and bring her to Goa, but the heavily outnumbered Ullal soldiers defeated the Portuguese army armed with modern weapons. It was another victory for Rani Abbakka over the Portuguese. The Queen went on to take over the Mangalore fort and retain control of it.
Then, Portuguese conspired with the Queen’s estranged husband which led to the capture of Rani Abbakka[1]. She was held in a prison from where she revolted and died fighting. She was defeated and killed only because she was betrayed by her estranged husband.
This is one of the most glorious stories since the arrival of European colonizers in India.
Rani Abbakka Chowta - Time to tell our children her story - PGurus
Abbakka Chowta - Wikipedia
This is one of my favourite stories from ‘forgotten Heroines’ of India. This female warrior would be an envy of all rulers. She was neither a Queen nor did she belong to martial race but her valour, skills, devotion to her Queen, the Rani of Jhansi and her ultimate sacrifice is a story of folklore in the hinterlands of Bundelkhand.
This was JHALKARI BAI

This is an amazing story, kindly read my answer (linked provided above), and .. Jhalkaribai - Wikipedia
A folklore goes like this: Macha Jhansi mein ghamasan, chahun ore machi kilkari thee, Angrezonse loha lene, rann me kuudi Jhalkari thee - (In the frenzy of war in Jhansi, to fight the British, Jhalkari stormed into the battlefield)
RANI DURGAVATI of Gondwana[2]

The story of Rani Durgavati is as admirable as that of Queen Abbakka of Chowta.
Rani Durgavati was a Rajput princess born in Chandel Dynasty but she went against her father and Court Adviser to marry a tribal leader who was the king of Gondwana - who had defeated Mahmud of Ghazna and repelled attacks by the Mughals. Impressed by this princess Durgavati went against the set traditions of Rajputs and married the King of the tribals, Dalpat Shah. Upon his death, Durgavati united the two kingdoms under one banner and she took on the Mughals when attacked, and defeated them.
The following day the Mughals came with a huge army which greatly out-numbered the Queen’s army, and they came with more sophisticated weapons. During the fight the Queen was struck by an arrow in her neck and another pierced her ear. She fell unconscious. Upon regaining her consciousness, she overruled the advise by her ministers to escape. To stop the massacre of her men and in order not to be taken alive, Queen Durgavati drew her sword and committed hara-kiri.
Because Quora doesn’t permit copy and paste of my own article on grounds of ‘self-plagiarism’, I am providing links herewith, which the readers must read. Forgotten Heroines of India - 4 - RANI DURGAVATI
There are various other such stories. Here are the names and links of these awesome female warriors.
RANI AVANTIBAI LODHI of Ramgarh - Avantibai - Wikipedia

The Queen participated in the 1857 rebellion. She fought the British and routed their army in the battle of Kheri. Later she too killed herself by slashing her stomach with her sword but had sworn not to be taken alive. The Forgotten Heroines of India - 3 - RANI AVANTIBAI
CHENNAMMA - The Queen of Kittur - Kittur Chennamma - Wikipedia

QUEEN (RANI) KELADI CHENNAMMA -Keladi Chennamma - Wikipedia

Keladi Chennamma (not to be confused with Queen Chennamma of Kittur) was the ruler of Keladi after her husband’s death. During her reign she defied the forces of the Mughals and the Rulers of Bijapur, and she personally led her army.
RANI VELU NACHIYAR - Queen of Sivagangai - Velu Nachiyar - Wikipedia

Veera Mangai Velunachiyar
RANI LAXMIBAI of Jhansi[3] - The Icon of Female fighters of India.

BEGUM HAZRAT MAHAL - Begum_Hazrat_Mahal

As inept and incompetent as Wajid Ali Shah as a ruler (Nawab) was, his first wife, Begum Hazrat Mahal was a heroine. Though lost in pages of history she led her army against the British. After losing the battle, she was offered by the British to retire with royal benefits but she refused the offer. When she was in dire straits, she was offered refuge by the King of Nepal which she accepted, and died in Nepal. Her tomb still exists in Kathmandu.
RAZIYA SULTAN - Razia Sultana - Wikipedia

This princess, the daughter or Delhi Sultan Iltutmish was the first and only female ruler in the history of the ‘Delhi Sultanate’. She was a warrior, and the only loved ruler in Sultanate’s history.
These are some famous female warriors among numerous that I know of. There are undoubted far more, and since Vedic times, there have been female warriors in India.

DocK

Country flag
:facepalm: I did mention 3 of the many from the list you provided.

But then I gave up trying to tell you which century you are in and which century this thread is dedicated to, but you know what. Knock yourself out.

When your list reaches 21st century then inform me, till then Good Night

srevster

Country flag
Hell hath no fury like a woman but Heaven help hell if these ladies were to direct their anger at them.

Here you go

Kannagi from the silapathikaram fame.

The king of madurai punishes her debauchurous husband for a crime he had not committed. In retaliation Kannagi burnt down the whole city and gave up her life in the process.

Apart from being an ideal wife to a not so ideal husband she even readily forgives her husband for wasting their fortune on a dancer whom he now "LOVES"(sic). No anger or "kolaveri" here.

But all hell breaks loose when the same guy is caught for a theft he has not committed and is sentenced to death as punishment. (psst.. Karma at work guys)

No pleadings work and hubby dies.

She literally fights the case and proves to the king that her husband was innocent and then dies but not before uttering a curse that destroys the entire city of Madurai.

This lady deserves a mention for literally fighting with nothing but the power of love.

(Take that you 1960s hippy culture.)

Shikhandi aka amba in the mahabharata.

Bhishma's step brother was a weakling and when there was a fight tournament among various suitors to win the daughter of the king of kashi, bhishma literally killed the competition so that he could gift the bride to his brother.

On winning the bride (amba) for his brother, she tells him to let her go because she was in love with someone else. So bhishma decides to do just that. Unfortunately her lover was beaten by bhishma and would not accept her as she had been won from him by bhishma.

So what does she do? She goes back to bhishma and tells him to accept her but Bhishma being a life long celibate refuses to take her.

Now she refuses to be with the step brother so like any woman in a bad case of love, she decides to show her anger and take revenge on...

BHISHMA.

By doing hard penance for many years and asking for a boon to be turned into a male warrior.

So that she can now kill Bhishma who is an already very old man and who has a boon that allows him to die at his will.

In the end (somehow) she is the one who releases the arrow which pierces the already weak and old bhishma's vitals. He being the bad ass that he is, Bhishma refuses to die by that arrow till the end of the war.

Lying on a bed of arrows he gives up his life like a true warrior at an auspiscious moment. Only after watching the whole war does he leave; like a hero.

Thug life.

But shikhandi gets the browny points for the angry young woman that she is.

I mean... She does hardcore penance to get a gender change so that she can now train to be a world class warrior to be able to battle Bhishma. She then fights a dangerous battle for no other reason but to kill bhishma. Finally, it is her arrows which manage to (almost) kill bhishma.

She tries like a pro. You have got to recognise the effort here.

Aaah.. Who can forget Shoorpanakha the sister of Ravana who tries lusting after a man who has the strength to tear her powerful brother to pieces.

Yeah.. You may wonder as to how did she get mentioned here when she never even fought anyone. (Apart from attacking Sita and getting her nose chopped off.)

It is because it takes guts to stand up to the guy who rejects you by trying to kill his wife whom you consider as a competition & it takes even more guts to take revenge on him by enticing your brother to lust after the lady who was your competition (yeah right) and kidnap her. Thus starting a great war involving men, monkeys and the demons.

I guess it takes more guts to live without a nose too.

Satyabhama.

Krishna's second wife and a princess. Daughter of a brave father who tried to take on Krishna himself.

Satyabhama is the reason we celebrate diwali.

Deepavali is the day when Krishna fell unconscious by an attack by the demon Narakasura.

It is also the day when Satyabhama stepped up and fought and killed the guy who tried to kill her husband.

A woman more powerful than her husband; who was the universe personified, is definitely worth hundreds and thousands of mentions.

I came to this question after seeing your answer. Thought I could add a few more to the ones already mentioned on your own list.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hell hath no fury like a woman but Heaven help hell if these ladies were to direct their anger at them.

Here you go

Kannagi from the silapathikaram fame.

The king of madurai punishes her debauchurous husband for a crime he had not committed. In retaliation Kannagi burnt down the whole city and gave up her life in the process.

Apart from being an ideal wife to a not so ideal husband she even readily forgives her husband for wasting their fortune on a dancer whom he now "LOVES"(sic). No anger or "kolaveri" here.

But all hell breaks loose when the same guy is caught for a theft he has not committed and is sentenced to death as punishment. (psst.. Karma at work guys)

No pleadings work and hubby dies.

She literally fights the case and proves to the king that her husband was innocent and then dies but not before uttering a curse that destroys the entire city of Madurai.

This lady deserves a mention for literally fighting with nothing but the power of love.

(Take that you 1960s hippy culture.)

Shikhandi aka amba in the mahabharata.

Bhishma's step brother was a weakling and when there was a fight tournament among various suitors to win the daughter of the king of kashi, bhishma literally killed the competition so that he could gift the bride to his brother.

On winning the bride (amba) for his brother, she tells him to let her go because she was in love with someone else. So bhishma decides to do just that. Unfortunately her lover was beaten by bhishma and would not accept her as she had been won from him by bhishma.

So what does she do? She goes back to bhishma and tells him to accept her but Bhishma being a life long celibate refuses to take her.

Now she refuses to be with the step brother so like any woman in a bad case of love, she decides to show her anger and take revenge on...

BHISHMA.

By doing hard penance for many years and asking for a boon to be turned into a male warrior.

So that she can now kill Bhishma who is an already very old man and who has a boon that allows him to die at his will.

In the end (somehow) she is the one who releases the arrow which pierces the already weak and old bhishma's vitals. He being the bad ass that he is, Bhishma refuses to die by that arrow till the end of the war.

Lying on a bed of arrows he gives up his life like a true warrior at an auspiscious moment. Only after watching the whole war does he leave; like a hero.

Thug life.

But shikhandi gets the browny points for the angry young woman that she is.

I mean... She does hardcore penance to get a gender change so that she can now train to be a world class warrior to be able to battle Bhishma. She then fights a dangerous battle for no other reason but to kill bhishma. Finally, it is her arrows which manage to (almost) kill bhishma.

She tries like a pro. You have got to recognise the effort here.

Aaah.. Who can forget Shoorpanakha the sister of Ravana who tries lusting after a man who has the strength to tear her powerful brother to pieces.

Yeah.. You may wonder as to how did she get mentioned here when she never even fought anyone. (Apart from attacking Sita and getting her nose chopped off.)

It is because it takes guts to stand up to the guy who rejects you by trying to kill his wife whom you consider as a competition & it takes even more guts to take revenge on him by enticing your brother to lust after the lady who was your competition (yeah right) and kidnap her. Thus starting a great war involving men, monkeys and the demons.

I guess it takes more guts to live without a nose too.

Satyabhama.

Krishna's second wife and a princess. Daughter of a brave father who tried to take on Krishna himself.

Satyabhama is the reason we celebrate diwali.

Deepavali is the day when Krishna fell unconscious by an attack by the demon Narakasura.

It is also the day when Satyabhama stepped up and fought and killed the guy who tried to kill her husband.

A woman more powerful than her husband; who was the universe personified, is definitely worth hundreds and thousands of mentions.

User I came to this question after seeing your answer. Thought I could add a few more to the ones already mentioned on your own list.
Get yourself and your filth outta here you little degenerate scum!!
PS - Women are useless as warriors, just deal with it.

srevster

Country flag
India has been a land of brave warriors, both male and female— who have been immortalised in folklore for their courage and valour.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of some of the most powerful women warriors in Indian history:

• Rani Lakshmibai

Lakshmibai, the Rani of Jhansi; 19 November 1828 – 18 June 1858), was the queen of the princely state of Jhansi in North India currently present in Jhansi district in Uttar Pradesh, India.

She was one of the leading figures of the Indian Rebellion of 1857 and became a symbol of resistance to the British Raj for Indian nationalists.[1]

• Razia Sultan

Razia Sultan (circa. 1205 – 14 October 1240) is known for being one of the few females in history to have ruled a large empire. Iltutmish became the first sultan to appoint a woman as his successor when he designated Razia as his heir apparent.

However, Razia's half-brother Rukn ud-din Firuz was elevated to the throne instead with Iltutmish's widow Shah Turkan for all practical purposes running the government. After they both were assassinated, with reluctance, the nobility agreed to allow Razia to reign as Sultana of Delhi.[2]

• Nur Jahan

Nur Jahan (born Mehr-un-Nissa, 31 May 1577 – 18 December 1645) was the twentieth (and last) wife of the Mughal emperor Jahangir.

After her wedding to emperor Jahangir, Nur Jahan's rise to power was swift. A strong, charismatic, and well-educated woman who enjoyed the absolute confidence of her husband, Nur Jahan was the most powerful and influential woman at court during a period when the Mughal empire was at the peak of its power and glory.

More decisive and proactive than her husband, she is considered by historians to have been the real power behind the throne for more than fifteen years. Nur Jahan was granted certain honours and privileges which were never enjoyed by any Mughal empress before or after. [3]

• Begum Hazrat Mahal

Begum Hazrat Mahal (c. 1820 – 7 April 1879), also called as Begum of Awadh, was the second wife of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah.

After her husband had been exiled to Calcutta, she took charge of the affairs in the state of Awadh and seized control of Lucknow. She organised an army of women and placed Uda Devi as its commander. She actively took part in the revolt of 1857 against the Doctrine of Lapse.[4]

• Chand Bibi

Chand Bibi (1550–1599 CE) also known as Chand Khatun or Chand Sultana, acted as the Regent of Bijapur (1580–90) and Regent of Ahmednagar (1596–99). Chand Bibi is best known for defending Ahmednagar against the Mughal forces of Emperor Akbar.[5]

• Uda Devi

Uda Devi was a warrior in the Indian Rebellion of 1857, who fought against the British East India Company.

On seeing the rising anger of the Indian people with the British administration, Uda Devi reached out to the queen of that district, Begum Hazrat Mahal to enlist for war. In order to prepare for the battle that was headed their way, the Begum helped her form a women’s battalion under her command.

Devi and other female Dalit participants are today remembered as the warriors or “Dalit Veeranganas” of the 1857 Indian Rebellion.[6]

• Rudrama Devi

Rani Rudrama Devi (1259−1289) was one of the most prominent rulers of the Kakatiya Dynasty on the Deccan Plateau. She was born, as Rudrama, to King Ganapathideva (or Ganapatideva, or Ganapathi Devudu).

As Ganapathideva had no sons, Rudrama was formally designated as a son through the ancient Putrika ceremony and given the male name of Rudradeva. When she was only fourteen years old, Rani Rudrama Devi succeeded her father. [7]

• Rani Mangammal

Rani Mangammal (1689–1704) was a queen regent on behalf of her grandson, in the Madurai Nayak kingdom in present-day Madurai.

She was a popular administrator and is still widely remembered as a maker of roads and avenues, and a builder of temples, tanks, and choultries with many of her public works still in use. She is also known for her diplomatic and political skills and successful military campaigns.[8]

• Rani Velu Nachiyar

Rani Velu Nachiyar was an 18th-century Indian Queen from Sivaganga. Rani Velu Nachiyar was the first Queen to fight against the British in India, even preceding the famous Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi.

In 1780, Rani Velu Nachiyar fought the British with military assistance from Gopala Nayaker and Hyder Ali and won the battle. Rani Velu Nachiyar formed a woman's army named “udaiyaal” in honour of her adopted daughter — Udaiyaal, who died detonating a British arsenal.

Nachiar was one of the few rulers who regained her kingdom and ruled it for 10 more years. She is known by Tamils as Veeramangai ("brave woman").[9]

• Kittur Chennamma

Kittur Chennamma (23 October 1778 – 21 February 1829) was the Rani of Kittur, a former princely state in Karnataka.

She led an armed force against the British East India Company in 1824 in defiance of the Doctrine of Lapse in an attempt to maintain Indian control over the region, but was defeated in the third war and died imprisoned.

One of the first female rulers to rebel against British rule, she has become a folk hero in Karnataka and symbol of the independence movement in India. [10]

• Keladi Chennamma

Keladi Chennamma (middle), Chatrapathi Shivaji's son Rajaram (next right)

Keladi Chennamma became the queen of Keladi Nayaka dynasty who fought the Mughal Army of Aurangzeb from her base in the kingdom of Keladi in the Shimoga district of Karnataka State, India.

Her rule lasted for 25 years and Keladi kingdom was probably the last to lose autonomy to Mysore rulers and subsequently to British.[11]

• Rani Chennabhairadevi

Rani Chennabhairadevi, the queen of Gerusoppa, ruled for 54 years — the longest reign by any Indian woman ruler.

After the decline of Vijayanagar, Chennabhairadevi dealt with the Portuguese diplomatically, who nicknamed her ‘Raina de Pimenta’ — the Pepper Queen. As per the inscriptions, her kingdom extended from south of Goa to Uttara Kannada, Dakshina Kannada and Malabar. [12]

• Abbakka Rani

Abbakka Rani or Abbakka Mahadevi was the queen of Tulunadu who fought the Portuguese in the latter half of the 16th century. She belonged to the Chowta dynasty who ruled over the area from the temple town of Moodabidri.

For her bravery, she came to be known as Abhaya Rani (The fearless queen). She was also one of the earliest Indians to fight the colonial powers and is sometimes regarded as the 'first woman freedom fighter of India'.[13]

• Onake Obavva

Onake Obavva (18th Century) was a woman who fought the forces of Hyder Ali single-handedly with a pestle (Onake) in the kingdom of Chitradurga of Karnataka. Her husband was a guard of a watchtower in the rocky fort of Chitradurga.

Once when she went to fetch water from a pond near a hole in the rocks, she noticed the army trying to enter the fort through the hole. She used the Onake or pestle (a wooden long club meant for pounding paddy grains) to kill the soldiers one by one by hitting them on the head and then quietly moving the dead without raising the suspicions of the rest of the troops.

Later, the same day, she was found dead either due to shock or having been killed by the enemy soldiers.

• Belawadi Mallamma

Belawadi Mallamma was a warrior queen from Bailhongal, Belgaum District, North Karanataka. To defend her husband's kingdom, she fought against the Maratha king Shivaji Maharaj.

She is believed by many to be the first woman to form a women's army to fight against the Marathas. She is also credited with being the first queen in the history the Indian subcontinent who built and trained a women's army in the 17th century.[14]

Unniyarcha

Unniyarcha (or sometimes spelled Unniarcha) is a popular legendary warrior and heroine mentioned in the Vadakkan Pattukal, the old ballads of North Malabar. She was from Thiyya Chekavar family of Kadathanad. She is believed to have lived in northern part of Kerala during the 16th century.

She is a popular character in Kerala's folklore remembered for her valour and skills in martial art of Kalaripayattu. She was trained in kalari at the age of seven.[15]

• Tarabai

Princess Tarabai by Raja Ravi Verma

Tarabai Bhosale (14 April 1675 – 9 December 1761) was the regent of the Maratha Empire from 1700 until 1708. She was the queen of Chhatrapati Rajaram Bhosale, daughter-in-law of the empire's founder Shivaji and mother of Shivaji II.

She is acclaimed for her role in keeping alive the resistance against Mughal occupation of Maratha territories after the death of her spouse, and acted as regent during the minority of her son. [16]

• Bibi Dalair Kaur

The success of Bibi Dalair Kaur occurred in the seventeenth cenury during a battle with Wajir Khan who was part of the Mughal Empire, and the Governor of Sirhind (now Fatehgarh Sahib, a town and sacred pilgrimage site for Sikhs).

Wajir Khan and his army broke through the walls of Sirhind fort faced with Bibi Dalair and her 100 armed women warriors. It is said that Khan, taken aback by this sight—in a classic paternalistic power move—began taunting the women. Khan yelled at his soldiers, “Cowards, are you afraid of women? They are gifts for you, capture them and do what you want with the rewards of your hunt”.

Bibi Dalair Kaur responded, “We are the hunters, not the hunted. Come forward and find out for yourself!” Khan’s soldiers advanced, but Kaur and her army succeeded in killing many, leaving the rest to retreat.

Sadly, Kaur and her warriors were eventually killed by cannon fire. Regardless, Bibi Dalair Kaur is considered a martyr among Sikhs.[17]

srevster

Country flag
A
  • Bibi Sahib Kaur

The elder sister of Raja Sahib Singh of Patiala, Princess Bibi Sahib Kaur (1771–1801) is one of the few Indian women who has won a battle against a British general.

In 1793, in view of mounting dissensions and security threats within his state, Raja Sahib Singh, recalled his sister and appointed her to the post of Prime Minister.

In 1799, George Thomas, an Irish adventurer who controlled the kingdoms of Hansi and Hissar turned his attention to Kaur’s territories. The gutsy Prime Minister herself led the Patiala army to relieve the besieged towns and battle the British troops till he was forced to withdraw. Her bravery has been memorialised in the words of Thomas who noted that “she was better than her brother” in defending the capital city of Patiala.

• Mai Bhago

Mai Bhago, also known as Mata Bhag Kaur, was the first woman in Punjab to lead troops on a battlefield in 1705.

When 40 Sikh followers from her village decided to give up and desert Guru Gobind Singh adverse battle conditions, deeply distressed Mai Bhago refused to have any of it. Instead of convincing them to change their minds, she herself suited up in battle armour and rode into the Battle of Khidrana, embarrassing the 40 men into following her example. Under her leadership, the men fought ferociously till their dying breath, forcing the enemy (who were chasing Guru Gobind Singh) to withdraw.

Mai Bhago (the only survivor of the battle), was so good on the battlefield that he fulfilled her wish to become his bodyguard. Mai Bhago’s weapons can still be found in Sikh museums.

• Sada Kaur

In the local folklore of Punjab, Rani Sada Kaur of Batala (c.1762 – 1832) is considered the chief architect of Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s remarkable rise to power. The leader of Kanhaiya misl ( a sovereign state of the Sikh Confederacy in 18th century Punjab), she was Ranjit Singh’s mother-in-law and later, his sole regent after his parents died.

She is remembered for her outstanding bravery and war tactics during the campaigns of Amritsar, Chiniot, Kasur and Kangra. Even during the expeditions against the martial Pathans of Hazara and Attock, it was Kaur who took the lead as a military strategist. Intriguingly, she is mentioned as “one of the greatest generals of her time” in Afghan records.

[18]

• Maharani Jind Kaur

Maharani Jind Kaur (1817 – 1 August 1863) was regent of the Sikh Empire from 1843 until 1846. She was the youngest wife of the first Maharaja of the Sikh Empire, Ranjit Singh and the mother of the last Maharaja, Duleep Singh.

She was renowned for her beauty, energy and strength of purpose and was popularly known as Rani Jindan, but her fame is derived chiefly from the fear she engendered in the British in India, who described her as "the Messalina of the Punjab", a seductress too rebellious to be controlled.[19]

• Rani Durgavati

Rani Durgavati (October 5, 1524 – June 24, 1564) was a ruling Queen of Gondwana from 1550 until 1564. She was born in the family of Chandel king Keerat Rai. She was born at the fort of Kalinjar (Banda, Uttar Pradesh).

After becoming aware of plans of Mughal invasion on her kingdom, she decided to defend her kingdom with all her might although her Diwan Beohar Adhar Simha (Adhar Kayastha) pointed out the strength of Mughal forces. Rani maintained that it was better to die respectfully than to live a disgraceful life. [20]

• Rani Avantibai

Rani Avantibai (or Rani Avantibai Lodhi; died 20 March 1858) was a freedom fighter and queen of Ramgarh, who waged a war against the British to protect her kingdom.

She was the wife of King Vikramaditya Singh, the ruler of the state of Ramgarh. She was a Lodhi queen in the area now in Madhya Pradesh.

She took over the reins of the kingdom when the king fell into ill-health. She is remembered for her valiant fight against the British during the 1857 uprising for Independence.[21]

• Rani Ahilyabai Holkar

Maharani Ahilyabai Holkar (31 May 1725 – 13 August 1795) was the Holkar Queen of the Maratha Malwa kingdom. Ahilyabai's husband Khanderao Holkar was killed in the Battle of Kumbher in 1754.

Twelve years later, her father-in-law, Malhar Rao Holkar, died. The old ruler’s death led to his grandson and Ahilyabai’s only son Male Rao Holkar ascending the throne under her regency. Male Rao too died, a few months into his rule, on 5 April 1767.

She petitioned the Peshwa after her son’s death, to take over the administration herself. She ascended the throne and became the ruler of Indore on 11 December 1767. Just a year into her rule, one saw the brave Holkar queen protect her kingdom – fighting off invaders tooth and nail from plundering Malwa. Armed with swords and weapons, she led armies into the battlefield.

“Far and wide the roads were planted with shady trees, and wells were made, and rest-houses for travellers. The poor, the homeless, the orphaned were all helped according to their needs. The Bhils, who had long been the torment of all caravans, were routed from their mountain fastnesses and persuaded to settle down as honest farmers. Hindu and Musalman alike revered the famous Queen and prayed for her long life,” writes Annie Besant.[22]

• Devi Chaudhurani

Maharani Joy Durga Devi Chaudhurani off Rangpur, popularly known as Devi Chaudhurani in history, was one of the most successful and popularly known rulers of the kingdom of Pirgacha; who managed the kingdom for three decades after her husband’s demise in 1765.

During the time of Sanyasi Bidroho (ascetic revolution) for the independence of India, she along with Bhabani Pathak raged war against the British. In this insurgency Collector Richard Gudland and army commander Lieutenant Brenan, scared of the war situation, forfeited the kingdom from Devi Chaudhurani. However the imperial British could not keep the kingdom forfeited from the illustrious Maharani, and soon after she again came to manage the kingdom and she ruled until 1791.

Later in history, the famous Bengali novelist, Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who also happened to be the Collector of Rangpur and under the employment of the British rule, wrote the famous novel Devi Chaudhurani to portray her as a dacoit-queen.[23]

• Rani Rashmoni

Rani Rashmoni (28 September 1793 – 19 February 1861) was the founder of the Dakshineshwar Kali Temple, Kolkata and remained closely associated with Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa after she appointed him as the priest of the temple.

The Rani and her clashes with the British in India became household tales in her time. By blocking the shipping trade on a part of Ganges she compelled the British to abolish the tax imposed on fishing in the river, which threatened the livelihood of poor fishermen. When Puja processions were stopped by the British on the charge that they disturbed the peace, she defied the orders. The British had to withdraw the penalty imposed on her in the face of public opposition and rioting in her support.[24]

• Begum Samru

Joanna Nobilis Sombre (c. 1753– 27 January 1836), a convert Catholic Christian, popularly known as Begum Samru and also, as Begum Sumru, (née Farzana Zeb un-Nissa) started her career as a Nautch (dancing) girl in 18th century India, and eventually became the ruler of Sardhana, a small principality near Meerut.

She was the head of a professionally trained mercenary army, inherited from her European mercenary husband, Walter Reinhardt Sombre. This mercenary army consisted of Europeans and Indians. She is also regarded as the only Catholic ruler in India.

Begum Sumru died immensely rich. Her inheritance was assessed as approximately 55.5 million gold marks in 1923 and 18 billion deutsch marks in 1953. Her inheritance continues to be disputed to this day. An organisation named "Reinhards Erbengemeinschaft" still strives to resolve the inheritance issue.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Dear members, I will have to disagree with many of you who feel females will not succeed in Armed Forces but I realistically believe that the Team is not ready for that yet.

I know this is corny, in the movie G I Jane the trainer is especially hard on the female cadet. Not because he is not sure about her but because he believes that her presence makes the REST OF THE TEAM vulnerable.

Dear @srevster kindly spare the history lesson for the correct thread and concentrate on 21st century and India in 21st century.
Nobody said they'll not succeed in armed forces we just said they'll not succeed in combat

srevster

Country flag
Nobody said they'll not succeed in armed forces we just said they'll not succeed in combat
You don’t think the women in history who are martyr’d took part in combat. History is chalk full of examples contradicting what you are saying. iDF needs a reading comprehension course. Some folks are just incapable of seeing past their bias.

Aspirant847

Country flag
@srevster dude women in combat is such a bloody bad idea even feminists who have seen combat and trained with women are against it.

It seems like you people are hellbent on opening the floodgates that'll fuck up the country.

not one of those woke feminist women will ever even set foot in a training academy, this is like the Sabrimala issue, people who have no skin in the game want to influence everything.

I've presented my mindset and fellow members have presented hard proof, if you still want to believe that men and women are equal bullshit you are welcome to do so.

srevster

Country flag
@srevster dude women in combat is such a bloody bad idea even feminists who have seen combat and trained with women are against it.

It seems like you people are hellbent on opening the floodgates that'll fuck up the country.

not one of those woke feminist women will ever even set foot in a training academy, this is like the Sabrimala issue, people who have no skin in the game want to influence everything.

I've presented my mindset and fellow members have presented hard proof, if you still want to believe that men and women are equal bullshit you are welcome to do so.
who said the women who like fighting are feminists. Modern day feminists are nothing like the women warriors of the past. The women I am referring to were fearless and lead forces from the front when in combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles