Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag

off topic , but damm interesting
I think have mentioned this before on this thread. Hosted by SG. Fantastic light infantry capability they demonstrated. An old timer I once spoke to said some of those Tamil boys were good enough to be in SG.

If I am not wrong this is where we introduced Suicide Bombing to the world - SG - LTTE - PLA/IRA and other Global Revolutionaries.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I think have mentioned this before on this thread. Hosted by SG. Fantastic light infantry capability they demonstrated. An old timer I once spoke to said some of those Tamil boys were good enough to be in SG
every guy I heard from Major Sapru to Col AK Anand said the same thing, even some ex MARCO guys

rkhanna

Country flag
Plenty unofficial ways to buy these guns Bhai especially when these purchases will never become known but as I said IDK if it's true or not so I don't give it much though
Unofficial purchases (small numbers ) MAY show up in SG but not in the Paras ( which need Scale).

Most likely HK USA is the most likely route if they have been bought in large quantities.

Lastly any dominance HK may have had in quality now stands eroded for the most part. No real reason to harp on about 416s I 2024. Cheaper / equivalent alternatives out there.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Unofficial purchases (small numbers ) MAY show up in SG but not in the Paras ( which need Scale).

Most likely HK USA is the most likely route if they have been bought in large quantities.

Lastly any dominance HK may have had in quality now stands eroded for the most part. No real reason to harp on about 416s I 2024. Cheaper / equivalent alternatives out there.
Yea HK we are talking about were probably as I have heard mid 2010s thing so they probably might have moved to Arads by now who knows or some Sig MCXs who knows.

airborneCommando

Country flag
This dude sure loves taking height over bore to the extreme.
You gotta see the new fad amongst the tacticool influencer circles GBRS' burj khalifas and a lot of other stuff.

Might be sf looking at shiny new PCs
Timestamp? all I see is troops from Sikh regt.
View attachment 248406

That Flag !
(Before anyone goes Godzilla, that is CIA GRS & DEVGRU)
For the love of Tiger Stripe Desert and AOR-1 (and maybe god) please post on the other thread

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think have mentioned this before on this thread. Hosted by SG. Fantastic light infantry capability they demonstrated. An old timer I once spoke to said some of those Tamil boys were good enough to be in SG.

If I am not wrong this is where we introduced Suicide Bombing to the world - SG - LTTE - PLA/IRA and other Global Revolutionaries.
I am sure you know they outperformed any Indian infantry unit and most of the times even SF.

Para SF was the one they feared or i would say were cautious with.

We got out troops killed with our training in Sri Lanka and then in Kargil we got our troops killed with our nonsense politics(loc nhi cross karenge)

Kumaoni

I am sure you know they outperformed any Indian infantry unit and most of the times even SF.

Para SF was the one they feared or i would say were cautious with.

We got out troops killed with our training in Sri Lanka and then in Kargil we got our troops killed with our nonsense politics(loc nhi cross karenge)
I disagree. I can list several instances of indian infsntry outfighting and outclassing the LTTE.

They succeeded with planting mines and IED, and that’s how the bulk of indian army casualties came. From IED explosions. According to Official data and army veterans line Major Abhay Sapru

Kumaoni

and politicians are responsible for lots of deaths in the Kargil conflict.

Also those who d-ride RAW and blame the army for not following so called intel. Well the same so called intel predicted only 15Mujahideen on tololing top!

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Tamil 'boiz' were hosted by E22 not SG! SG is just a little part of it, Officers from PARA(1,3&10) trained them in Chakrata. They had their speed marches between Charkata and Dehradun, there are still some Tamils running coffee shops!

"They were good enough to join SG", I humbly disagree with this sir. SG isn't some SF that sets a benchmark for the rest!

SG has specialized roles but they aren't some superhumans, even Cross border raids are carried out by the very small SF element on deputation to SG!

SG was sent to SL to gain experience in Jungle Warfare but took heavy casualties, was operating under 9SF but was quickly sent back as it was more of a headache for 9!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles