Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

My dear Roman Army soldier

In todays warfare mines,IED,booby traps are all an effective method to kill and can be called as successful tactics in eliminating an Army of big numbers.

You can surely mention several incidents of LTTE being outmanouvered and vice versa.

But dont forget they were in lungi and chappal and we had Armour and Arty.
Sure buddy.

You are making it seem like indian infantry was outclassed in every gun fight and that soldier to soldier, the ltte was some godly beast but you are completely incorrect in doing so.

instead you are highlighting ltte engaging in guerrilla warfare which is nothing wrong with that. sure you had arty and armor but armor was clearly useless when they were getting blown in the air and arty had limited use to minimize collateral damage. don’t forget the very same ltte used to open fire on an army clearing party then hide behind civilian disguise 10 seconds later!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sure buddy.

You are making it seem like indian infantry was outclassed in every gun fight and that soldier to soldier, the ltte was some godly beast but you are completely incorrect in doing so.

instead you are highlighting ltte engaging in guerrilla warfare which is nothing wrong with that. sure you had arty and armor but armor was clearly useless when they were getting blown in the air and arty had limited use to minimize collateral damage. don’t forget the very same ltte used to open fire on an army clearing party then hide behind civilian disguise 10 seconds later!
When the objectives were not being met what do i call it?..Outclass hi hua na mere bhai

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Yaaar why on earth are you taking this so personally, your men perform the way you train them to conduct themselves, train them to think and train them to fight. LTTE by those standards was given a slightly better training than the regular Indian infantry. And I am not going to say much about it again. Op Pawan was a learning experience for us. You want to read about it again, go and do your research

Kumaoni

Yaaar why on earth are you taking this so personally, your men perform the way you train them to conduct themselves, train them to think and train them to fight. LTTE by those standards was given a slightly better training than the regular Indian infantry. And I am not going to say much about it again. Op Pawan was a learning experience for us. You want to read about it again, go and do your research
nonones taking this personally lmao. Just because i don’t have a boner for the LTTE like some members here seem to have doesn’t mean i particularly care. nothing about my post was a personal attack, just a disagreement of an opinion.

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
idk u tell me the objectives? it kept changing throughout the years!

Also why don’t u tell me what happened on april 25th 1989?
Bhai tu sahi he khush reh

Indian army won in Sri lanka and LTTE is no match even for NCC

Be happy in life and please dont quote me..i feel really upset when i see your name in notification knowing i am gonna hit my head on a stone wall.

Please dont quote me ever(i am putting you in my ignore list)

Kumaoni

Be happy in life and please dont quote me..i feel really upset when i see your name in notification knowing i am gonna hit my head on a stone wall.

good lmao angry little man child☠🤣. ur some balding subhuman in his 30s who makes less than pizza delivery drivers in first world countries☠🤣.

rkhanna

Country flag
i don’t have a boner for the LTTE like some members here
Some members here actually know soldiers and officers who served in Lanka other than abridged recounts in books and wiki

good lmao angry little man child☠🤣. parkinson’s hit someone early it seems🙊
We have already gone over this Lanka bit before havnt we a year or two ago??

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Will we ever get good pictures of the said org ? All we get is basic photos from A&N Triservices Command here and there that too once in a while. Also, someone told me that the current GOC AFSOD is Maj Gen MS Bains of 9 para who replaced Maj Gen JS Nanda of 7 para, is it true?
Bains comes from 2 Para SF iirc.Coz in some old pic of 2 Para from early 2000s someone identified him .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
My dear Roman Army soldier

In todays warfare mines,IED,booby traps are all an effective method to kill and can be called as successful tactics in eliminating an Army of big numbers.

You can surely mention several incidents of LTTE being outmanouvered and vice versa.

But dont forget they were in lungi and chappal and we had Armour and Arty.
My uncle was there in Lanka as a jawan.He once told me those tamils were damn too good to reckon with.Hadn’t they transformed into a regular mil unit they would still be fighting in Jaffna and Kilinochi against Lankans.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Coldhearted Aviator being 'Coldhearted'
Bhai sometimes I love scrolling this thread, maza bhi yehi, dukh bhi yehi. Especially when it's Aviator sab vs Kumoni. Never stop this for heaven's sake

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Bains comes from 2 Para SF iirc.Coz in some old pic of 2 Para from early 2000s someone identified him .
Bains in 2 Para yes, commander of C Cmpy, I think he went to Seirra Leone for that Op Kukri and then operated with RR & MARCOS in Kashmir, saw some casualities but learnt quickly (read Full Spectrum, it has all this covered)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

off topic , but damm interesting
We were training these men with M-16A1s,G-3s and Type-56s captured from somewhere else and our elite boys were send there with sterlings and Fals 🤧

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
The polymer grade they are using can best be described as "ehh good enough". The UAS AK buttstocks and the P/P SB M4 Buttstocks we have is absolute tat, there is no metal in the folding mechanism, adjustment gears and the connecting joints and it slowly grinds away. Their more expensive GL-Core/Shock/GPCP buttstocks are better made. Their RAPS stocks for snipers are considered good products. Their Ultimag 30 round magazines are nearly as good as Magpull PMAGs. Their rubberized pistol grips and bipods are pretty good, but those folding TF-L/TF-S foregrips we use on our AKs like to twist and twitch while shooting. The PDC top rail/dust cover holds zero as long as you don't mount heavy optics, then it'll slowly drift. And every time you take it off to do light maintenance or clear a jam, you need to zero the sights again. The AK handguards are not bad (except the Vanguard that likes to flex) but allegedly based on CAA made products like the RS47.
Thanks for the honest review.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
We were training these men with M-16A1s,G-3s and Type-56s captured from somewhere else and our elite boys were send there with sterlings and Fals 🤧
Haina, I was thinking the same, now this happened because Paras were considered Infantry, hardly any difference in weapons they got vs what the rest did. MARCOS had MP-5s and AKs along with obvious weapons like Fals and Sterlings. As someone pointed out earlier, it's because they did not suffer from the mindset problem because they were new. And remember, MARCOS were set up after NSG, SPG and the like so some understanding was built by then. That's just my position on this

1713104735110.jpeg

kaboom

Country flag
Not even sterling , fucking WW2 era stens

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Bains in 2 Para yes, commander of C Cmpy, I think he went to Seirra Leone for that Op Kukri and then operated with RR & MARCOS in Kashmir, saw some casualities but learnt quickly (read Full Spectrum, it has all this covered)
Bains uncle is ex9SF not 2!

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Marcos @rkhanna I think you will remember these as I think only you were around at that time and shatrujeet009 fb page has lots of old gems but I don't have fb so I can't access the page for more than a few seconds if anyone has fb download before everything vanishes

marcos 6.jpg