Indian Special Forces

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Are the Fab mods that bad?
The polymer grade they are using can best be described as "ehh good enough". The UAS AK buttstocks and the P/P SB M4 Buttstocks we have is absolute tat, there is no metal in the folding mechanism, adjustment gears and the connecting joints and it slowly grinds away. Their more expensive GL-Core/Shock/GPCP buttstocks are better made. Their RAPS stocks for snipers are considered good products. Their Ultimag 30 round magazines are nearly as good as Magpull PMAGs. Their rubberized pistol grips and bipods are pretty good, but those folding TF-L/TF-S foregrips we use on our AKs like to twist and twitch while shooting. The PDC top rail/dust cover holds zero as long as you don't mount heavy optics, then it'll slowly drift. And every time you take it off to do light maintenance or clear a jam, you need to zero the sights again. The AK handguards are not bad (except the Vanguard that likes to flex) but allegedly based on CAA made products like the RS47.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Maj. Gaurav Arya wrote about SG having these in 2016.

This is fiction

rkhanna

Country flag
I know but dude was in the Army has probable spoken to some in the know.

Generally SG gets the best equipment first, even earlier than SPG.

For comparison :

Special Group (2007-08) ?

SPG (2008)

MARCOS (2009)

This is my opinion ONLY - don't have the highest regard of the major for his military service. He served only 4-5 years if i remember correctly then went on to life as a Civvie - MBA / business etc. nothing against him personally but rather the depth of his Mil Career. He knows just enough to talk the talk and has now monetized it well

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
This is my opinion ONLY - don't have the highest regard of the major for his military service. He served only 4-5 years if i remember correctly then went on to life as a Civvie - MBA / business etc. nothing against him personally but rather the depth of his Mil Career. He knows just enough to talk the talk and has now monetized it well
Yea fair enough but HK rumours have been around long before that but as I have always said these units equipment will always be rumours and should always be treated as rumours.

rkhanna

Country flag
If they can have scars HK isn't that far fetched but it's all in our imagination now isn't it
HK has to do with the German Govt ban on selling to countries with internal conflicts where the guns can be used on local populations. Bad look for their voting demographics (though turkey ironically skates past being a NATO member)

The Belgians have no such compulsion

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
HK has to do with the German Govt ban on selling to countries with internal conflicts where the guns can be used on local populations. Bad look for their voting demographics (though turkey ironically skates past being a NATO member)

The Belgians have no such compulsion
Plenty unofficial ways to buy these guns Bhai especially when these purchases will never become known but as I said IDK if it's true or not so I don't give it much though

kaboom

Country flag
The reason i this claim holds value is coz in the article he mentions various weapons which are consistent with their speculated inventory (tavors etc) .Then out of nowhere he mentions HK417s which is not a well known subsystem (HK416 is well known but 417 are very lesser well known ). For someone like him who is not a gun nerd to mention this , there must be something backing it .

Also procuring 417 though other means to also possible as they are DMRs and are not really needed in large numbers , for a small force like SG procuring a few dozens of them is fairly possible like FSB did .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles