Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
Namaskaaram Mitron.

Been a while since I logged onto DFI.

A lot of upgrades seem to have been inflicted upon our SOFs in the meantime...I'm seeing a rapid increase in number of PVS-31s in use by MARCOS in particular. And I've heard rumours (nothing solid yet) that the Paras are evaluating the IWI ARAD short-stroke piston as a replacement for the Tavors & DI M4s.

(and Multicam usage seems to gone up as well :drool:)

We took the long route (as we always do), but it's pretty evident we are gonna be coalescing into the same "operator standard" as the US within this decade. As I've always said we should & would.

Glad to be here to see this happen.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Namaskaaram Mitron.

Been a while since I logged onto DFI.

A lot of upgrades seem to have been inflicted upon our SOFs in the meantime...I'm seeing a rapid increase in number of PVS-31s in use by MARCOS in particular. And I've heard rumours (nothing solid yet) that the Paras are evaluating the IWI ARAD short-stroke piston as a replacement for the Tavors & DI M4s.

(and Multicam usage seems to gone up as well :drool:)

We took the long route (as we always do), but it's pretty evident we are gonna be coalescing into the same "operator standard" as the US within this decade. As I've always said we should & would.

Glad to be here to see this happen.
Heard about Garuds and Marco's evaluating Arads with Marcos inducting a few units already but still haven't heard of Paras are interested in Arads.

Gessler

Country flag
I mean why would they, Paras use M4 AIs...
Para M4s are pretty old and haven't been upgraded, the handguards don't have a lot of real estate. They're perfectly 'fine' to use & will be for a long time, but SOFs shouldn't be operating by that logic - they're not infantry.

A short-stroke piston design like the ARAD would considerably increase reliability when using a wider range of ammo. Right now we are dependent on ammo imported from US & Israel cuz the OFB loads are too inconsistent, leading to a more-than-acceptable rate of malfunctions.

Most SOFs the world over have switched to piston-driven ARs as opposed to direct-impingement ones like the M4A1 we use.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Para M4s are pretty old and haven't been upgraded, the handguards don't have a lot of real estate. They're perfectly 'fine' to use & will be for a long time, but SOFs shouldn't be operating by that logic - they're not infantry.

A short-stroke piston design like the ARAD would considerably increase reliability when using a wider range of ammo. Right now we are dependent on ammo imported from US & Israel cuz the OFB loads are too inconsistent, leading to a more-than-acceptable rate of malfunctions.

Most SOFs the world over have switched to piston-driven ARs as opposed to direct-impingement ones like the M4A1 we use.
Yes and we would love for them to switch to Arads too but from what I have heard only Garuds and Marco's have given them a go yet and for Ammo 5.56 will be made by private companies now solving that issue hopefully idk who will get the tender but we have alot of guys up for taking, SSSD(Already supplying to Nepal) Adani and reliance soo.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yeh kab huwa!!!

Are bhai whoever it is ur probably seeing the thread Paras are not doing it as far as I know and Marcos and Garuds isn't a new news was broken last year that an AR was going through Trials and this year we got the name that's it.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Btw CAR-816 is also being evaluated by Paras…
Paras have evaluated from HK-416s to Scars to some other ARs as well if one goes through and digs the liberary they will probably find a few kits of what not problem is any of those proposition don't move forward after evaluation wahi kahani khatam hojati he.

Gessler

Country flag
Yes and we would love for them to switch to Arads too but from what I have heard only Garuds and Marco's have given them a go yet and for Ammo 5.56 will be made by private companies now solving that issue hopefully idk who will get the tender but we have alot of guys up for taking, SSSD(Already supplying to Nepal) Adani and reliance soo.
We'll see. If one of the SFs get it, you can pretty much count on the others to be interested as well.

How do you think Tavors spread across all SFs so quick ;)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
We'll see. If one of the SFs get it, you can pretty much count on the others to be interested as well.

How do you think Tavors spread across all SFs so quick ;)
Yea that's a pattern I have discussed before in this thread

That's the case with X95s and that's what I have hoped too

It's more of an effect I think especially with Afsod now when they interact and go back to units it has impact on those who actually cares that's what happend with 4 Para sf they got same exact Kit as Marcos

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles