Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Mannnn para was ruthless back in the day, def reached its operational prime in the mid 90s-04

Stay tuned for more posts

Kumaoni

Yeah it's pretty damn appalling. Nothing much seems different in these photos than Kargil. 25 years on, modernization of the infantry still hasn't come about. It's happening in bits and pieces. But arming only RR battalions won't prove good enough in case of an all out conflict.
Forget Kargil, they are exactly where they were in 1991
FC25C848-A2C4-4534-B3D8-1DCB2A77BDE5.jpeg

Kumaoni

Good u mentioned..Exactly.. Kargil 1999 to Feb 2023...what has changed for the basic infantry jawan.

See the latest tweet ....We need better people there is no doubt about it.
What exactly has changed since 1991? Any pointers?

Idc if frontline troops are better quipped. The normal jawan being equipped to the same standard of 19 fucking 91 is bloody inexcusable.

“India” will never be a superpower because of this
50BB1EEE-38CB-4C5A-8235-7B5C96F79D82.jpeg

Kumaoni

33 years insurgency in J and K
32 years in Assam
30 in Manipur
Nagaland been going on since 1950s
Deployments in Kargil, Siachen, LoC, Parakram, etc
Thousands and thousands of successful operations done. Yet they still send their troops in fiberglass helmets. Feel no need for sniper or night vision.

There’s a reason we lost 2019, 2016-2018 and 2015 skirmishes to Pak and barley survived in 2020.

Don’t even wanna bring in the humiliation Chinese brought upon us. They kicked our asses brutally throughout 2020, almost as bad as 1962

"India" is not a serious nation.

Kumaoni

Kargil is an extremely poor example used by Gucci Gang, imo. In Kargil, IA showed great Combined arms warfare after June 15th 1999 with arty and multidirectional assaults.

Operation Parakram is a best example, in which 12 years of COIN had made the army practically useless in a full on conventional warfare. They forgot how to do basic minelaying ops and suffered too many casualties.

Took to long to mobilize.

Not to mention using WW2 mines (which was btw begged on being upgraded in 1998, but MoD babus denied it)

Now compare w Op Brasstacks in 1986. Smooth and perfect and organized.

IA should have been phased out of coin starting in 1995 barring RR and SF. COIN ops destroy you.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Kumaoni

Watching vajra Prahar 2022 vtac wall gives me hopium Everytime and shows that “India” is capable of great things if it applies itself. Just suck that “Indians” can’t really apply themselves

Waanar

Country flag
Talibunny larper with double forward grips and taped on ammo ring right behind the flash hider. He also has his irons flipped up, so he can aim hardcore through the scope that's now being blocked.
View attachment 217984
That ammo ring decor will cook and blow up the barrel mid firefight.
The ironsight with the scope is actually not a bad idea though. I'm sure our telebunny didn't put any thought in it but you can have the irons zeroed at one range and the optic at another and you can easily transition the zero, and thus, accuracy across two different distances by simply refocusing your eye on one or the other.

Kumaoni

He talks about failure of leadership and being hanged for it.

Now imagine if we implemented his words today.

Lack of training and lack of kit is a failure of leadership is it not?
He’s only one general man. If all our generals thought like this we wouldn’t be in such a rut

Kumaoni

That ammo ring decor will cook and blow up the barrel mid firefight.
The ironsight with the scope is actually not a bad idea though. I'm sure our telebunny didn't put any thought in it but you can have the irons zeroed at one range and the optic at another and you can easily transition the zero, and thus, accuracy across two different distances by simply refocusing your eye on one or the other.
Welcome back Janab

rkhanna

Country flag
He’s only one general man. If all our generals thought like this we wouldn’t be in such a rut
That's not what i meant. I one said that the current state of our infantry and more so SOF is a grotesque failure of command and as such borderline treason. No upgrade happens over night but the 20 years wasted since Kargil is criminal. Not only have not upgraded our SF we merged them with the Paras

He said the same thing. I agree.

Kumaoni

That's not what i meant. I one said that the current state of our infantry and more so SOF is a grotesque failure of command and as such borderline treason. No upgrade happens over night but the 20 years wasted since Kargil is criminal. Not only have not upgraded our SF we merged them with the Paras

He said the same thing. I agree.
Forget Kargil, The state of average jawans is really not much different than 1991. I meant that if all leadership had his mentality, our modernization wouldn’t be in a such a rut. And yes, I agree. It’s absolutely a failure of leadership. We need to work very very hard in 2023, else, we are screwed
1519C25E-CBC1-4C22-90DD-B9300B8D0367.jpeg
3F8E7F62-383A-49FC-B1E8-DF4D9A7E9623.jpeg

[

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles