Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
yes, according to Col. Bakshi, NSCN was just the face of that ambush, the real culprit was among our ranks.

The second thing he tlked is that we didn't even attack NSCN but some other organisation.

@OFBkaRakhwala shared that article refer it.

Third Nectar killed civilians when he was posted in intelligence and was awarded KC for a failed attack.
There’s a lot of unseemly internal politics inside the IA, can never really know who is grinding what axe against who

More interested in the drama than the profession

abingdonboy

Country flag
The more time I spend here, the more I understand all the hopelessness
Well this is something that happens inside all militaries and if you listen to veterans you’ll see this more and more apparent. However at least in the West the disgruntled veterans have the decency not to air dirty laundry as publicly as many Indian veterans do-particularly former army officers. The higher you go in any organisation the more political it is I just wish Indian army officers lived up to their gentleman conditioning instead of taking snide potshots at each other

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ another reason there’s a strong case to get rid of a large proportion of these big mouths with huge egos that look to settle petty scores inside and outside of service. Just another example of why the top heavy Indian army is rudely detached from modern war fighting capabilities

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Its about the upbringing.

So i equally blame the parents.

My home was pretty different..I was told to respect everyone and equally and most of the times i used to be hanging around in langars and MT and i had a fun time.

But nowdays i have seen the kids are made to believe they are a super class just like how it is in Pakistan Army and they look down on others.

And hence most of these kids dont go on to achieve anything great in life ie the jump in terms of lifestyle or even a decent job.

Those who manage to get through is by what i rather not say..

Gen GD Bakshi says proudly that my generation has broken the enemy into two and now its onto you..and no matter what everyone will say the standard has gone for i dont know what.

The lack of intelligence,smartness,planning is poor and visible from poster qualities till the rucksack.
Don't blame the officers themselves. If you have seen various interviews of Army wives done by Maj. Gaurav Arya in his series on the armed forces, you'd see the body language displayed by the wives are like socialites of Delhi. Obviously this rubs on to the children.

With difference in pay increasing with every pay commission between ranks and officers, the life style difference is also getting wider and the class contrast becomes more apparent among the children who don't learn the tact of humbleness anymore in the world where everyone flaunts their privilege.

However, that doesn't describe the officers themselves or the force as a whole, I hope.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Tonbo's prolly gonna win that. Considering Para SF under the Northern Command have already made considerable acquisitions from them and also their packaging of the Team Wendy Highcuts with their NODs, they have the upper hand.
Plus their TI fusion bino/pano NVGs gives them an edge

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Tonbo's prolly gonna win that. Considering Para SF under the Northern Command have already made considerable acquisitions from them and also their packaging of the Team Wendy Highcuts with their NODs, they have the upper hand.
Emphasis on the words "Helmet mounted" . Although its true that Tonbo has a technological edge , however MKU has an overall edge with its already available NVGs and domestic helmets . Why dont we just divide the orders b/w the two . The delivery of packages are gonna get get faster .

rkhanna

Country flag
Don't blame the officers themselves. If you have seen various interviews of Army wives done by Maj. Gaurav Arya in his series on the armed forces, you'd see the body language displayed by the wives are like socialites of Delhi. Obviously this rubs on to the children.

With difference in pay increasing with every pay commission between ranks and officers, the life style difference is also getting wider and the class contrast becomes more apparent among the children who don't learn the tact of humbleness anymore in the world where everyone flaunts their privilege.

However, that doesn't describe the officers themselves or the force as a whole, I hope.
Boss wives and children behave like this because their Husbands / Dad's behave like fief lords. I know a whole host of families that don't becaise the officer understands his service to country and his troops

Last edited:

JConline

Country flag
Emphasis on the words "Helmet mounted" . Although its true that Tonbo has a technological edge , however MKU has an overall edge with its already available NVGs and domestic helmets . Why dont we just divide the orders b/w the two . The delivery of packages are gonna get get faster .
Makes little sense. That'll just call for even more chaos in an already non-uniform force. Plus, the Indian army isn't exactly pleased with the MKU helmets. If you remember, RR personnel were shifting back to Patkas or reinforcing their MKU helmets after they failed to stop AK47 rounds even though they were apparently rated to do that. Plus, pretty sure Pano NODs aren't for conventional forces. And as it is 4 Para and 9 Para under the northern command have good numbers of Team Wendy highcuts. So it's only logical to think that Army would go that route.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Makes little sense. That'll just call for even more chaos in an already non-uniform force. Plus, the Indian army isn't exactly pleased with the MKU helmets. If you remember, RR personnel were shifting back to Patkas or reinforcing their MKU helmets after they failed to stop AK47 rounds even though they were apparently rated to do that. Plus, pretty sure Pano NODs aren't for conventional forces. And as it is 4 Para and 9 Para under the northern command have good numbers of Team Wendy highcuts. So it's only logical to think that Army would go that route.
Where did you get the whole MKU helmets rated to stop 7.62x39 ? Its been debated to death here in other threads that army wanted 9mm resistant helmets and MKU won the deal by that .if you want 7.62x39 resistant helmets ask in the tender its the fault of army not MKU

JConline

Country flag
Where did you get the whole MKU helmets rated to stop 7.62x39 ? Its been debated to death here in other threads that army wanted 9mm resistant helmets and MKU won the deal by that .if you want 7.62x39 resistant helmets ask in the tender its the fault of army not MKU
In that case, I'm mistaken. My apologies.
Notwithstanding, I still think Tonbo has the edge with comes to SF under the Northern Command.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles