Indian Special Forces

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
That this man is certified to be able to swim underwater to an enemy warship underway and by sheer force of muscle stop the propeller of the ship (or submarine). Its a very elite course taught in Israel. They are taught to hug the propeller and make the legs into a Y shape to increase drag and stop the propeller spin.

JK.
It means he is mechanical engineer certified for engine room. Don't know exact designation though. Exact designation is Engine Room Artificer

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Helmet must be HCBH could be because of the pic quality that way, and many of the ex Officer i have seen interview most of them love AKs.

EDIT: Its ACH, but are we sure they are Marcos not BSF Crocodile unit or even normal Infantry cause they can be seen on the boat? or any of the others participating
See the group photo , there are naval officers there

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
i dont think so they look similar to what the new ACH looked like in Kashmir, cause Marcos used Viper P2 before IA HCBH AFAIK
Trust me.
I can spot a PASGT from a mile away
Those are PASGT helmets in the picture Aditya posted

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
If you are saying then they should but i dont see the NVD mount on it?
Because that is how the PASGT looks like
No NVG mounts, no side rails, just a chin clamp for an accessory
Marcos have been using this for long
1637603111766.png

shouryav105

Country flag
Does para sf (9 specifically) only know how to ambush or counter-ambush because of all the interviews I have seen, all of them just talk about ambushing or blowing up shit with grenades and stuff, I have never heard of CQB, and don't fly bullshit like they don't talk about that ultra pro max secret stuff but can talk about ambushes?

SGOperative

Country flag
Does para sf (9 specifically) only know how to ambush or counter-ambush because of all the interviews I have seen, all of them just talk about ambushing or blowing up shit with grenades and stuff, I have never heard of CQB, and don't fly bullshit like they don't talk about that ultra pro max secret stuff but can talk about ambushes?
9 Para was involved in the Pompore Standoff in 2016 and was used, AFAIK Capt. Tushar Mahajan was KIA in that. It was basically a CQB

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
PARA SF definitely do CQB/room intervention operations. Many ops in the valley which requires PARA SF intervention is usually a complex room intervention or hostage situation. Eg pampore.

Some pics of PARA SF practicing CQB
IMG_20210810_021522.jpg
IMG_20210619_083518.jpg
20191105_203931.jpg
IMG_20210427_060143.jpg
IMG_20210328_123852.jpg
96234962_134268664871807_7174292222819434496_n.jpg

PARA AIRBORNE
IMG_20210505_080505.jpg
IMG_20210403_035425.jpg
131568683_1868151953345911_6356220663269676594_n.jpg

shouryav105

Country flag
9 Para was involved in the Pompore Standoff in 2016 and was used, AFAIK Capt. Tushar Mahajan was KIA in that. It was basically a CQB
I am aware but this is one of the very few CQB that our SF did, other special forces nowadays specialize in CQB raids, while we rarely do them, other SF raids the warehouses but ours just blow the shit out of the warehouse until terrorists come out and start running, these kinds of ambush/raids are not reliable as mf might escape, I am not an expert bout our SF but all interviews I saw, they were either ambushing or blowing until terrorist run.

shouryav105

Country flag
PARA SF definitely do CQB/room intervention operations. Many ops in the valley which requires PARA SF intervention is usually a complex room intervention or hostage situation. Eg pampore.

Some pics of PARA SF practicing CQB
They do it but very rarely, I am not talking about interventions where hostages might be involved where paras are called in, I am talking about the ops they do near or behind enemy line, I am just stating what I heard from int, they believe in blowing up shit more and they certainly dont do CQB raids on terrorist holdouts where no hostage or infantry units are involved they just blow them up, which is not bad but for SF, its weird and its different to do room clearing as drills and room clearing in ops, I dont wanna offend anyone, I am neither an expert on warfare nor an operative, just saying what my dumb mind is thinking and seeing.

Waanar

Country flag
Here is the plan guys, I will forget about rule 101 of not going in front of the door and hope no one shoots my ass through, and all 5 of you point your guns towards the same fucking direction and hope no one comes from behind and fuck our shit up!!! go go go
You're somehow able to derive wayy too much information off of pictures taken in a fleeting moment.

Paras don't seem to have the smoothness and expertise in CQB like some of the GWOT hardened SOFs for sure, but you're just being critical for the sake of it.

Fire and groove

Country flag
I am aware but this is one of the very few CQB that our SF did, other special forces nowadays specialize in CQB raids, while we rarely do them, other SF raids the warehouses but ours just blow the shit out of the warehouse until terrorists come out and start running, these kinds of ambush/raids are not reliable as mf might escape, I am not an expert bout our SF but all interviews I saw, they were either ambushing or blowing until terrorist run.
It's the exact opposite. If you have the opportunity, you always go for structural attacks. CQB isn't as cookie-cutter and simple as people and movies might have you believe. If the enemy knows you're coming, you're already at a disadvantage. If the enemy is trained, You're probably going to take a casualty if not a bunch. If they're well trained and appropriately fortified, you're never even making it into the building. I don't care if you're delta force.
When it comes to structural attacks you can simply cordon off egress points and rock their shot with explosives, thermostatically are excellent for such things.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles