Indian Special Forces

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
In 1965 SSG was fucked up by pakis themselves they sent them into enemy territory in a almost suicide raid with no back up or good extraction mechanism so they where is an fucked up position. As the old saying goes never underestimate the enemies will to lay you and your friends in 6 foot holes.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Yea happens in India too. We recently lost a 10SF operator to drowning in a trainEx.

Like I have said a number of times before there is not a single SF soldier I known who does not respect the SSG or underestimates them
So true.. Many 'professsional' men even respect the Afghan mujahids of 90s and NE militants for their sheer aggressiveness and operational abilities. People undermining SSG should remember that they too are SF and getting into SF of any country aint any cakewalk. and its a noble act to respect uniformed soldiers unless they are SS or IS.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 apart from commonly issued weapons like M4,TAR, Ak, VZ and some rare Galil SARs is there anyother kinda rifles used by Para? Arleast once we had seen 12th Para with rare weapon like VZ59 MG or Mag-58 on bipods and butt stock too.
An insight on weapons issued in limited Numbers(which are not tagged in equipment of Indian SF in wiki) would be informative.

Waanar

Country flag
So true.. Many 'professsional' men even respect the Afghan mujahids of 90s and NE militants for their sheer aggressiveness and operational abilities. People undermining SSG should remember that they too are SF and getting into SF of any country aint any cakewalk. and its a noble act to respect uniformed soldiers unless they are SS or IS.
SS or IS?

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 apart from commonly issued weapons like M4,TAR, Ak, VZ and some rare Galil SARs is there anyother kinda rifles used by Para? Arleast once we had seen 12th Para with rare weapon like VZ59 MG or Mag-58 on bipods and butt stock too.
An insight on weapons issued in limited Numbers(which are not tagged in equipment of Indian SF in wiki) would be informative.
+ Add on do Unit gunsmiths tinker with the guns to make adjustments to an operators liking ? Trigger pressure etc or is it always all stock ?

Waanar

Country flag
SS, though they were uniforms unlike German army they were just band of cold blooded murderers.. Sorry IS is not any uniformed men just assholes worth killing like pests.
This is a skewed view. When America was transferring Nazi researchers from Germany to NASA under Operation Paperclip, they needed a scapegoat. So they built up this myth of "Good nazis" because most of the scientists were under the Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe, and "Bad nazis" who were under Waffen SS to fill the void of the scapegoats for "righteous" retribution.
SS soldiers were as honorable as any other Wehrmacht soldier, except the ones guarding concentration camps (which Wehrmacht also did, occassionally).

Frankly I do not subscribe to the euro-centric view of nazis.
If the Nazis didn't rise up, we would've gotten freedom much later, and probably a pyrrhic freedom like was the case in Rhodesia.
Furthermore, the Brits genocided Bengalis like hell and we don't even think of their atrocities.
I would happily shake the hands of an SS soldier, even an Auschwitz guard, over the hands of any SSG member. They engineered the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and this cognitive dissonance where we subscribe so heavily to the western or even the Indian military's posture of respecting the enemy is very disheartening.

We had nothing to do with the jews but we think it's noble to "respect" soldiers involved in the genocide of our own?
No, brother, not at all. That is a globalist's worldview shoved forcefully down a patriot's throat.
The military may be good at what they do, but I still see a ruined Surya Martand Temple in Kashmir while they're busy doing this-

Respect the institution but criticize it where necessary. The Army still follows a Montgomerian approach to everything and behaves more like the British Indian Army than the "INDIAN" Army in many aspects.

TLDR- An Indian disrespecting a SS soldier while respecting a SSG butcher is an European in a brown body in my view. Do not underestimate but do not "respect", either.

Sorry brother, had to rant. I'm fed up of Indians doing this.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
This is a skewed view. When America was transferring Nazi researchers from Germany to NASA under Operation Paperclip, they needed a scapegoat. So they built up this myth of "Good nazis" because most of the scientists were under the Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe, and "Bad nazis" who were under Waffen SS to fill the void of the scapegoats for "righteous" retribution.
SS soldiers were as honorable as any other Wehrmacht soldier, except the ones guarding concentration camps (which Wehrmacht also did, occassionally).

Frankly I do not subscribe to the euro-centric view of nazis.
If the Nazis didn't rise up, we would've gotten freedom much later, and probably a pyrrhic freedom like was the case in Rhodesia.
Furthermore, the Brits genocided Bengalis like hell and we don't even think of their atrocities.
I would happily shake the hands of an SS soldier, even an Auschwitz guard, over the hands of any SSG member. They engineered the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and this cognitive dissonance where we subscribe so heavily to the western or even the Indian military's posture of respecting the enemy is very disheartening.

We had nothing to do with the jews but we think it's noble to "respect" soldiers involved in the genocide of our own?
No, brother, not at all. That is a globalist's worldview shoved forcefully down a patriot's throat.
The military may be good at what they do, but I still see a ruined Surya Martand Temple in Kashmir while they're busy doing this-

Respect the institution but criticize it where necessary. The Army still follows a Montgomerian approach to everything and behaves more like the British Indian Army than the "INDIAN" Army in many aspects.

TLDR- An Indian disrespecting a SS soldier while respecting a SSG butcher is an European in a brown body in my view. Do not underestimate but do not "respect", either.

Sorry brother, had to rant. I'm fed up of Indians doing this.
My 2 paisa -(reply to you not Alby)

understand that the same supremacy that drives the Pakis drove the nazi. And there is no honor in the service of evil. The reason you don't equate the two is a projection of your ego. The pakis/muslims hurt us the nazi didn't. But that line of thinking eventually leads to the same supremacy that we find in our enemies.

So the judgement is for the pursuit of evil in our enemy, the respect is for the human in front of us that makes us confront our own worst self everyday. It's actually not a European ideal but a dharmic one.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Believe you me jitna aap jaante ho that's more than enough to be put in the open source. Good job

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
We have a equally big can of worms ourselves.
Like Major Jacob points out, but I don't think that would be the case even after all these years, at least not in the magnitude that Major Jacob puts it,
In the interview with Lt.Cdr Bijay he says some 7-8 Cyprus in a single drop

Global Defence

Articles