Indian Special Forces

Spindrift

He is holding it in front of his face the way the image is taken make us look like that it is pointed directly at his head
The projectile may miss is face but the flash and the hot gasses that come out of the barrel after the projectile has exited the barrel can and will damage is eye up to a point where he can loose his eyesight..

Moroboshi

Point noted
But come on gentlemen
I know the person personally
And he's a chad
So please..........once is enough
Nothing personal bro. Just saying because there are a lot of videos where a guy gets his face shot off because he thought that gun was not loaded as he has removed the magazine (but forgot about the round that was already chambered)

Or he thought that the safety is on but was in fact off.

Or the gun simply decided to malfunction.

rkhanna

Country flag
The projectile may miss is face but the flash and the hot gasses that come out of the barrel after the projectile has exited the barrel can and will damage is eye up to a point where he can loose his eyesight..
When I was very young once I was having a conversation with a Mil Attache of a NATO Country's embassy. He was telling us ( abunch of 17yr old kids) about his time in Israel/Palestine.

A number of times Palestinian civilians would end up dead or injured with bullet wounds. They would blame the Israelis. Eventually they figured out that this would happen every time there was a wedding in the neighborhood.

In the wedding celebrations alot of Guns would go off. And then what goes up must come down.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
There were some reports that AFSOD is a down sized of INSOCOM and AFSOD would have 3000 commandos how are they gonna get these no.s?

Spindrift

When I was very young once I was having a conversation with a Mil Attache of a NATO Country's embassy. He was telling us ( abunch of 17yr old kids) about his time in Israel/Palestine.

A number of times Palestinian civilians would end up dead or injured with bullet wounds. They would blame the Israelis. Eventually they figured out that this would happen every time there was a wedding in the neighborhood.

In the wedding celebrations alot of Guns would go off. And then what goes up must come down.
Yeah, I am from UP. I have seen those things in person :megusta:

rkhanna

Country flag
There were some reports that AFSOD is a down sized of INSOCOM and AFSOD would have 3000 commandos how are they gonna get these no.s?
Original reports had mentioned 200-300 operators and another 300 support staff.

These numbers then vanished from the conversation.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Noted sir. And a good point to learn - avoid posting info/images of friends/relatives.

And honestly it's not his fault. He is living within the spectrum of his training and IA culture.
So people
I asked him about the stuff
He's currently on leave right now
Funny enough
He said he's aware of trigger discipline, he's aware of all the jitter-jatter about gun safety

The picture was solely for showing the weapon to me

@rkhanna
Maybe you're right, NSG indeed have the best training with regards to weapon handling

ManhattanProject

Country flag
So people
I asked him about the stuff
He's currently on leave right now
Funny enough
He said he's aware of trigger discipline, he's aware of all the jitter-jatter about gun safety

The picture was solely for showing the weapon to me

@rkhanna
Maybe you're right, NSG indeed have the best training with regards to weapon handling
from what i can see in the picture the striker is decocked, he probably cleared the gun pulled to trigger then took the picture.
We should stop assuming things and give them the benefit of doubt.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes all the time. Interporality is the point of combined arms. The Americans utilize their SOF units in large Taskforce a that make up many number of units including conventional.
That's an entirely different story. Those are specific in-field task forces that have the same mission set but they very rarely inter-mix units. The most you'll get is for a larger Op some units will provide support for other units but again they will do so in their own units and not interweave operators

Tell me one time that DEVGRU and CAG have intermixed for a major operation- it is either DEVGRU or CAG (with a tier 2 support unit).

What exactly we plan on AFSOD to be at this point is pure speculation. Yes, it would make sense if we go the way of JSOC-SOCOM in future (with AFSOD being a JSOC analogue, and coalescing all the existing SF units under new INSOCOM command), that is what I advocated multiple times too.

However, as it exists (as per whatever I'm getting to read/see on net wrt this) AFSOD is being developed as a single composite SMU that includes elements from tri-services.

I sure hope that's not the case, but that's what it's looking like at the moment.
I don't know if it is speculation, they have been pretty clear upfront what they wanted- a dedicated INSOCOM to go along with the other 2 tri-service commands they wanted to raise (space and cyber) however before creating full-fledged commands (and perhaps the added complication of theatres being planned) they have gone for scaled down divisions/agencies- look at the Defence Space Agency (DSA) and Defence Cyber Agency (DCA). So AFSOD is working on a smaller scale to a SOCOM and if the experiment works out they'll upgrade it to a full command.

One needs to understand the history to understand what AFSOD is

The Naresh Chandra Task Force was set up in July 2011 by National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon to review the recommendations of the Kargil Review Committee, assess the implementation progress and further suggest new reforms related to national security.[4][5] The task force was led by Naresh Chandra, retired Indian Administrative Service officer, and comprised 13 other members, including Gopalaswami Parthasarathy, Air Chief Marshal Srinivasapuram Krishnaswamy (Retd), Admiral Arun Prakash (Retd), Lt Gen V. R. Raghavan (Retd), Anil Kakodkar, K C Verma and V K Duggal. The committee conducted the first holistic review of national security since the Kargil Review Committee and submitted its classified report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 23 May 2012.[6] Among its recommendations, the Task Force recommended the creation of a cyber command (DCA), an aerospace command and a special operations command. All three units were proposed to be tri-service commands in order to bring the various special forces units of the military under a unified command and control structure.[7][8]

No one has ever said the'll be a new tri-service SMU, no one- that was sure fanboy speculation.

It doesn't even make sense for India to have a JSOC without having tier 1 SMUs

IndiaRising

Country flag
A friend of mine whose brother is officer in 1 Para SF suffered injury due to faulty OFB parachute. He suffered injuries in both neck and hands. He was lucky Subedar Major jumping along was able to save him. A paratrooper was also grievously injured in the process due to same reason. CO of Unit has officially registered complaint.

Edit: Sorry this incident happened last year. I just got to know now.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
Those are specific in-field task forces that have the same mission set but they very rarely inter-mix units. The most you'll get is for a larger Op some units will provide support for other units but again they will do so in their own units and not interweave operators
Its not a question of how often they are used in a mixed unit TF. Its the fact that ALL of them work off the same playbook and then learn to operate within the parameters of each other for the eventuality that they maybe tasked together.

Global Defence

Articles