Indian Special Forces

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ahh, so they change the sights on the guns so that their latest ones aren't seen, they hide their SDRs and Comtacs so others can't see. Wonder what they are trying to hide when these things are used by SOF across the globe, even their counterparts from Navy don't mind if they get clicked with NVGs on. And btw have you seen them any op where they had all the top end equipments?
Uhm so what's not seen in photos or videos isn't there got it. So in balakot strike, we didn't see the 300 bodies of terrorists killed so there ain't no terrorist there who was killed then, no one has seen f16 being shot down by mig21bis(except our wng cmdr) so it didn't happen, 50 chinese soldiers were killed in galwan incident but since there is no pic of their bodies that didn't happen too. What's the proof that right now chinese aren't already occupying or intruded into our lands but since there is no pic of it, it hasn't happened. These type of arguments are found everywhere cuz apparently some people believe only what they see but that's not most of the time true. I don't believe whatever I said here is true but was just my counter argument to your logic.

SGOperative

Country flag
Uhm so what's not seen in photos or videos isn't there got it. So in balakot strike, we didn't see the 300 bodies of terrorists killed so there ain't no terrorist there who was killed then, no one has seen f16 being shot down by mig21bis(except our wng cmdr) so it didn't happen, 50 chinese soldiers were killed in galwan incident but since there is no pic of their bodies that didn't happen too. What's the proof that right now chinese aren't already occupying or intruded into our lands but since there is no pic of it, it hasn't happened. These type of arguments are found everywhere cuz apparently some people believe only what they see but that's not most of the time true. I don't believe whatever I said here is true but was just my counter argument to your logic.
Balakot IAF provided proof, F16 being shot down there is a image of two air crafts in air what appears to be dogfight and videos of two different air craft coming down and two different parachutes being there, so enough circumstantial evidence is there. Multiple Reports on casualty of chinese are also there. For Para SF there are some ammount can be execused given they are doing CI/CT ops on home soil but you wont be using a lower quality vest while you have access to better one as a example. The distribution of gear is also not uniform.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Balakot IAF provided proof, F16 being shot down there is a image of two air crafts in air what appears to be dogfight and videos of two different air craft coming down and two different parachutes being there, so enough circumstantial evidence is there. Multiple Reports on casualty of chinese are also there. For Para SF there are some ammount can be execused given they are doing CI/CT ops on home soil but you wont be using a lower quality vest while you have access to better one as a example. The distribution of gear is also not uniform.
I don't want to drag this anymore cuz people can believe whatever they want and so can I. And yes ik and believe the proof given by IAF for balakot, the latest klaxon article on death of chinese in galwan and even before it appeared etc etc but what I wanted to convey by that bro's logic that since he didn't see para with his own 2 eyes with all the Gucci gears it's not there. Peace🤟

Last edited:

senapati3

Country flag
One question why para sf soldiers need to wear NVG Even keeping it attached to there BPH when they are conducting ops in daytime ?
Since many pictures have been clicked in daytime, is there any scenario in which they would suddenly need it considering most of thier ops is confined to the zone where they have actually cornered the elements to a certain area.
What is the point of having it attached unecessairily. ( Only talking about NVG )
Rest equipments we all know how slow and rigged our procurement structures are so no pint in defending those.

SGOperative

Country flag
One question why para sf soldiers need to wear NVG Even keeping it attached to there BPH when they are conducting ops in daytime ?
Since many pictures have been clicked in daytime, is there any scenario in which they would suddenly need it considering most of thier ops is confined to the zone where they have actually cornered the elements to a certain area.
What is the point of having it attached unecessairily. ( Only talking about NVG )
Rest equipments we all know how slow and rigged our procurement structures are so no pint in defending those.
NVGs they have are the N/Seas and BEL ones and they have used them in night time ops, but they could use better nvgs ofc.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Ready to get trolled for this but don't think having more modern peq, handguards or canted/combo sights will make any difference if the bullets enter the skull of a botswana operator without having any or good ballistic protection. Love the nitpicking though(not saying we our men shouldn't get those top-of-the-line gears and accessories):thumbsup:
Sure buddy go ahead, all the above mentioned stuff is what makes the special forces special along with the best training.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Let's be honest, Indian SF isn't half as ill equipped or untrained as the Gucci gear gang would have you believe. But at the same time, we aren't quite at the level of our western counterparts.
But yeah, in terms of training, except for a few aspects, I have no doubt our guys are trained to the same level as most SF.
In terms of procurement of modern weaponry and gear, ngl, there's been quite a few surprises so you never know what's in store. Better late than never. And now with AFSOD being a functional entity, the pace of modernization will only get faster.
‘Our guys are sooo good except for the part where they can’t operate like the top unit because they haven't got the gear’. This isn’t about underdogs doing more with less. Equipment limitations inherently limit you, a big part of SOFs has always been about having the best kit and gaining a systematic advantage. Just ‘training harder’ doesn’t make up for the deficit. Someone can be physically strong but if they turn up to a cricket game with no bat and have never trained with a bat how can they be as good as a well funded team?

+ AFSOD is just a trail concept,there’s no evidence they will make difference in terms of modernisation or that they even have separate procurement powers

most seem to fail to understand what AFSOD is. It IS NOT JSOC, it is an attempt to understand is a SOCOM model would work and how to implement it so it’s more of a table top exercise and focuses on C&C and ORBAT, I doubt they’ve even issued a single new tender as part of this project- that is NOT the goal.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Weird from my convo with an ex para officer he said they have every top of the line military gear and weapons just like the US and UK SF. And I don't understand this logic of all hail tonbo for providing better helmets, like hello para ordered it from them and they got it, it's not like tonbo forced it down their throat. What u mean to imply being a sf they are so dumb to figure out even basic needs for their men? Also if u didn't like my opinion that's alright but didn't have to call me a bhikari gang but ok👍
Oh so we are back to ‘we have all the best kit, trust me bro’

So they have proper plate carriers, helmets, rifles (with modern accessories), earpro, battle belts, standard uniforms etc etc they just choose to walk around like an African militia….just because

Imagine actually believing this

Country flag
Superb example mentioned by you.
What percent of the world or even India believes the above claims. People tend to believe what they see. As for Galwan, the Chinese release pics of our soldiers what stops us? Balakot, if 300 terrorists died, they would have probably been replaced by new recruits and same for their downed f16 and if they didn't die then I hope IAF has learnt its lesson. In balakot, f16 incident, Galwan, our men tried their best, but destiny unfortunately had other plans.
But in case of SF, we have had our share of losses and men have seen top level equipment, some units buying them, clearly shows that Indian SF also want/need better equipments.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Ready to get trolled for this but don't think having more modern peq, handguards or canted/combo sights will make any difference if the bullets enter the skull of a botswana operator without having any or good ballistic protection. Love the nitpicking though(not saying we our men shouldn't get those top-of-the-line gears and accessories):thumbsup:
Those High cuts aren't there for ballistic protection against anything beyond pistol caliber bullets and shrapnel.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Oh so we are back to ‘we have all the best kit, trust me bro’

So they have proper plate carriers, helmets, rifles (with modern accessories), earpro, battle belts, standard uniforms etc etc they just choose to walk around like an African militia….just because

Imagine actually believing this
We get these kind of dudes every few months, talk about made up shit they come up in their dreams.
Atleast we talk with logic and proof, we have seen what they ise during ops, we have seen what they use during demonstrations and we have seen what they use during joint exercises. All these guys make claims with out an ounce of proof and look at their confidence.
The truth is we are not the best in the world, not even close. We really should be focusing on what has to be done to make us the best.
These guys are like the large fish in the pond, there is an entire ocean out there.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Weird from my convo with an ex para officer he said they have every top of the line military gear and weapons just like the US and UK SF. And I don't understand this logic of all hail tonbo for providing better helmets, like hello para ordered it from them and they got it, it's not like tonbo forced it down their throat. What u mean to imply being a sf they are so dumb to figure out even basic needs for their men? Also if u didn't like my opinion that's alright but didn't have to call me a bhikari gang but ok👍
Next time you meet your "friend" dont just ask him "do you have modern gear?" thats a stupid question, ofcourse he will say yes. Ask him what kind of gear, what kind of weapons, optics, armour, coms etc etc. Come back and tell us, i might even believe you.

Articles