Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Maybe, in some cqb situations but these are very bulky, reduce field of view and stops you from getting a proper cheek weld.
Hmm , but then we can consider a few units for the sake of CQB . A few hundred Sig Foldable visor stocks and a few hundred mandibles . Just in case a situation goes L . And then atleast the pointsman can use it .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
The only viable ones are the French GIGN visors but you will need special high riser mounta for optics and even special stocks. Our forces will order the visor and forget about the other things, then our operators will only use them during photo shoots and demos.

View attachment 136227
Lol true that . We'll see the Whole SAG equipped like Halo with Bent stocks . And then some guy in the twitter would say that the adaptors are mounted in the opposite direction

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
1644164738599.png

The Army has specified that the helmets must provide protection from 7.62x39 mm mild steel core bullets at 10 meters as well as from high-speed blast fragments (Pic credit: released by the Army)

Maybe, in some cqb situations but these are very bulky, reduce field of view and stops you from getting a proper cheek weld.
The only viable ones are the French GIGN visors but you will need special high riser mounta for optics and even special stocks. Our forces will order the visor and forget about the other things, then our operators will only use them during photo shoots and demos.

View attachment 136227

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
View attachment 136281
The Army has specified that the helmets must provide protection from 7.62x39 mm mild steel core bullets at 10 meters as well as from high-speed blast fragments (Pic credit: released by the Army)
Well MKU will be providing these helmets too . My bet . Just have to see if they provide Kavro MACS ACH or the HCBH . Since it's gonna be infantry with SF and RR, Ghatak units included so I'm expecting ACH

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Well MKU will be providing these helmets too . My bet . Just have to see if they provide Kavro MACS ACH or the HCBH . Since it's gonna be infantry with SF and RR, Ghatak units included so I'm expecting ACH
It'd be better if they went For Highcuts wholesale, this deal includes 3600 helmets for RR as well
Price difference between a full cut and a high cut is nil
This way, it's atleast future-proof for somewhat higher degree than an ACH

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
It'd be better if they went For Highcuts wholesale, this deal includes 3600 helmets for RR as well
Price difference between a full cut and a high cut is nil
This way, it's atleast future-proof for somewhat higher degree than an ACH
I mean it's not that High cut is future proof or something . It's just that 2 variations of helmet for regular frontline infantry is kind of a chaos . In my opinion
The regular infantry should start making
MKU ACH with MACS a standard issue
And SF , Ghataks should move towards HCBH. Otherwise Indian army would start looking like USMC

Tactical Doge

Country flag
I mean it's not that High cut is future proof or something
High cuts are future proof kid, unless they make a breakthrough in material sciences and discover NIJ level V+ without adding a kg or two
You can mount crap on the rails, there's an NVG mount and provisions for Comtacs
ACH have to take an attachment to give the same luxury, increasing its weight and uncomfortable as phuck with Earpros

Obviously they are not going to buy 80,000 of those, but it'll be better if they buy a decent ballistic helmet with both rails and mount instead of a helmet and an attachment alag se

Regarding the pie of 3600 helmets for RR, Afghan leftover stock are flooding in, more exciting stuff in store for RR I guess
Edit:
It's just that 2 variations of helmet for regular frontline infantry is kind of a chaos . In my opinion
Also, we use atleast 4-5 helmets
If anything this will reduce the types of helmets in use

aditya g

Country flag
Sorry but I don't know if I can post this, I can't find a suitable section in the Indian Navy to post it.

I want to ask Have the Indian Navy received the Boomeranger RHIB's already?
No known pictures of Boomranger RHIBs in IN. No news of delivery either.

There are some RHIBs with MARCOS but make is not known

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Does mku have 7.62x39 resistant helmet?

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
High cuts are future proof kid, unless they make a breakthrough in material sciences and discover NIJ level V+ without adding a kg or two
You can mount crap on the rails, there's an NVG mount and provisions for Comtacs
ACH have to take an attachment to give the same luxury, increasing its weight and uncomfortable as phuck with Earpros

Obviously they are not going to buy 80,000 of those, but it'll be better if they buy a decent ballistic helmet with both rails and mount instead of a helmet and an attachment alag se

Regarding the pie of 3600 helmets for RR, Afghan leftover stock are flooding in, more exciting stuff in store for RR I guess
Edit:

Also, we use atleast 4-5 helmets
If anything this will reduce the types of helmets in use
I mean I do see your point valid . But , only if our Beaureaucracy let us have their purchase Comtacs . I'll just wait here for a year or two and see what helmets are selected

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Does mku have 7.62x39 resistant helmet?
Nope. I don't think anyone in the world does. The only way a helmet can stop a 7.62Γ—39 mm round is when stars in the sky align up together and astrologer says that you'll have a lucky life .
Scientifically , if only the bullet hits at an angle and edges the sides of your helmet , then there is a chance . However owing to the trauma , the victim will face a severe concussion or get knocked out . 10m mentioned in the RFI is out of question and unrealistic as always

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Nope. I don't think anyone in the world does. The only way a helmet can stop a 7.62Γ—39 mm round is when stars in the sky align up together and astrologer says that you'll have a lucky life .
Scientifically , if only the bullet hits at an angle and edges the sides of your helmet , then there is a chance . However owing to the trauma , the victim will face a severe concussion or get knocked out . 10m mentioned in the RFI is out of question and unrealistic as always
There are 7.62x39 resistant helmets .

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/10/21/ak-47-proof-helmet/amp/ and that one by Major Anoop Sharma

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I mean I do see your point valid . But , only if our Beaureaucracy let us have their purchase Comtacs . I'll just wait here for a year or two and see what helmets are selected
Bureaucracy isnt preventing us from buying comtacs, i suspect sf guys dont see its value and dont really care about hearing damage.

Articles