Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Yeah i don't exactly remember about the unit using ACR but probably it was Special Group, from my faint memories of those chatter...

besides we also had some cool stuff under NSG like that .22 LR top-drum helical feeding submachine gun of American-180, H&K P7 and so.
What we think special group gets : whatever they desire

What they actually get : p90s , Scars , a few Tavors , ak clones etc

ManhattanProject

Country flag
What about G36?
Looks like you are new to this huh?
No we dont use the g36.
Are you talking about the whole army or the special operations guys? If you are talking paras, they probably have nothing german in their inventory. correct me if i am wrong.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I found this very interesting from a Turkish defence website. Have a look at this:
trmilitary.org/viewtopic.php?t=913

I didn't know our country had the Barrett MRAD & Gepard GM6 Lynx
We do not poses M-RAD to my knowledge but we do possess m98b , it's predecessor
And gm6 has been possessed in few no.s by the SG for quite some time

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
No we dont use the g36.
Are you talking about the whole army or the special operations guys? If you are talking paras, they probably have nothing german in their inventory. correct me if i am wrong.
We Indians haven't even seen g36 other than in PUBG/MW/BF , lol

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No we dont use the g36.
But sir I heard somewhere that we got some minimal maybe 8-10 units of hk-416 for testing or something might be wrong

JConline

Country flag
What we think special group gets : whatever they desire

What they actually get : p90s , Scars , a few Tavors , ak clones etc
I think that's pretty much their full inventory. P90s, a few FNF2000s which never see the day of light, buncha Tavors, M4s, SCARs and maybe a few Negevs and other LMGs. Maybe MP9 and Uzi too. And ig the whole "get what they want" is probably on covert assignments when they can't carry weapons and have to stick to stuff provided by weapon contractors. That's probably when they scratch the itch for other guns. And tbh, their options to choose from pretty much covers all operational needs. And before you mention the MP7, please consider that an MP7 makes no sense in any Indian force's home arsenal cause we just don't have such threats here. And you could also argue that the P90 kinda sorta covers that portfolio.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I just don't get the delay with the CAR816 deal. That gun would have been so good for Para SF.
Better not to get such a weapon if it's imported . The very least they can do is , tag it 'Make in India' and do the import and assembly . Also the deal stands cancelled . With new RFI issued in 2020

Country flag