Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag
I'm aware of that, but their role and tasking is quite limited in comparison to Garuds.

As far as special forces go, RAF Regiment is not that.

We really need to stop this practice of training between dissimilar units.

Same thing happens when Marcos trains with Russian Marines.
I think we're too stuck up on terminology to realise that this is an exchange on the basis of roles, there's not a lot of SOF units tasked with base protection duties out there.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The RAF provide the CSAR etc element in the SFSG...
I don’t think RAF regiment does do CSAR, they are a light infantry force aimed almost entirely at base protection, there’s very very little overlap with Garuds but Indian service HQs have never got to grips with these things. They send MARCOs to train with USN VBSS and Russian marines similarly Garuds with RAF regiment when it should be DSC or IAF police

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Operative from Royal Air Force Regiment firing IWI NG-5 SF LMG under the supervision of a Garud SF LAC ranked personnel during Exercise indradhanush. 36 RAF Regiment soldiers & 42 operatives from Garud SF participated in the Base Defence & Force Protection Drills. View attachment 135267
Looks like the RAF forced some hearing protection onto the Garuds. 😂

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
They might be looking at follow on orders of apache as only 6 does not make sense not necessarily to support SF.
SF doesn't even come in the picture
They'll be deployed in anti armour role
Why would you want Para SF and Apaches working in conjunction? Their mandate right now doesn't even remotely demand this

SGOperative

Country flag
SF doesn't even come in the picture
They'll be deployed in anti armour role
Why would you want Para SF and Apaches working in conjunction? Their mandate right now doesn't even remotely demand this
What i mean was the army could be looking procure additional apaches. Plus the support role could be a speculation from the account perspective.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles