Indian Special Forces

Killbot

Country flag
The pics we have seen of Garuds in Kashmir show they are the best equipped SF unit operating there followed closely by MARCOs
Beg to differ. Marcos have the better plate carriers and more importantly, comms equipment. Either way, I say that the Nagrota spec ops guys (army most likely) are the best equipped...

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
But those plate carriers are lit. Only laser cut MOLLE ones I've seen in Indian service. Be great if these became standard issue.
It can be.... Pata had same pc but their pouches sucked.... This time it's just lit ..

EternalNxg

Country flag
View attachment 76833
I got to know somewhere these plate carriers are going to be future standard issue of para sf.... Is this what any other sf of world use.... If its good then I don't have any problem.... But if they aren't which I think so is tru.... Then why a country with world's 6th largest econom can't provide plate carrier like other standard special forces to its operators.... I read para's strength is around 10k then what the fuck is the problem is in giving them personal protection equipment.... Other thinga are there... But why do we only lack in this.... Babus take bribes more than the cost of 10k plate carriers in just one defence deal.... Fuck man...
Slight correction
Para strength is around 6500 to 7500.
Everything else u said is right.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Garuds, who are supposed to be combat controllers don't even have individual radios.
I'm not sure how you got that impression, for real world ops they do

Either way, I say that the Nagrota spec ops guys (army most likely) are the best equipped...
One company in one battalion doesn't change the general impression that PARA (SF) are just pathetically outfitted in the field

I'm yet to see a GARUD in Kashmir without weapon sights and a ballistic helmet, still yet to see weapon sights on any LMG the PARA (SF) have used in the field.

Why would an assault team person train with a dmr?
Why wouldn't they? In SF teams each member has a speciality

Articles