Indian Special Forces

armyofhind

Country flag
Oooh boy do I have a point to raise-

Aimtrex kill houses.
Do we have those?

P.S- Prepare thy anus for I will bring the roof down with my moans and angry virtual thrusts if we don't.
I think NSG has them.

Not sure of the other units... For Aimtrex that is.. kill houses are there

rkhanna

Country flag
Talking on the same, Army has a dedicated sqd for SOF now. Ofc you dont master them in one day and takes time and with limited resources it becomes harder. But to say that SF are just plain blind in night is an overstatement.
Again you are assuming a future capability as current. As of Dec 1 2021 our nighting fighting capability is so shallow that as a comparable to the global SOF standard we are as good as night blind.

You are getting stuck on semantics but that's your porogative. It take it back the night blind thing. But in our army it's andho me kana raja

rkhanna

Country flag
Talking on the same, Army has a dedicated sqd for SOF now. Ofc you dont master them in one day and takes time and with limited resources it becomes harder. But to say that SF are just plain blind in night is an overstatement.
Btw do you have the official order raising for classifying the 202 as a SOF aviation unit ?

I mean outside of blogposts and pics of pilots wearing a version of the Balidan ?

SGOperative

Country flag
Again you are assuming a future capability as current. As of Dec 1 2021 our nighting fighting capability is so shallow that as a comparable to the global SOF standard we are as good as night blind.

You are getting stuck on semantics but that's your porogative. It take it back the night blind thing. But in our army it's andho me kana raja
i do agree that we are seriously lacking in relative terms.

Waanar

Country flag
I think NSG has them.

Not sure of the other units... For Aimtrex that is.. kill houses are there
NSG has those, shown in the RSTV documentary

Hain ji?
You talking about flying gideons?
It better.

In fact, I've seen NSG training in almost every possible government owned building they can find.

My brother in law worked at Air India and was joking about how NSG "Harr dusre dinn munh utha ke aa jaate hain" (come every other day shamelessly) asking for planes to drill on.
Dare I say, NSG has an environment where they don't need proper kill houses to the same degree as other SOFs because of their nature of deployment and the ministry they come under (which can enable them to procure a session in a BSNL HQ lol)

I'm thinking more along the lines of SOF CQB schools with proper killhouses.

Rahul Kanwal's report on SFTS showed the guys drilling on a house and you could tell by their movement that they knew the house inside out (which is not good).
It also showed them using visible lasers, which seem to be more of an advantage to the enemy than the operator but what do I know. I'm just a civvie.

SGOperative

Country flag
It better.

In fact, I've seen NSG training in almost every possible government owned building they can find.

My brother in law worked at Air India and was joking about how NSG "Harr dusre dinn munh utha ke aa jaate hain" (come every other day shamelessly) asking for planes to drill on.

I'm thinking more along the lines of SOF CQB schools with proper killhouses.

Rahul Kanwal's report on SFTS showed the guys drilling on a house and you could tell by their movement that they knew the house inside out (which is not good).
It also showed them using visible lasers, which seem to be more of an advantage to the enemy than the operator but what do I know. I'm just a civvie.
Visible lasers i have seen SK 707 SMB use it too. And even some NATO ones in some pics.

rkhanna

Country flag
Btw do you have the official order raising for classifying the 202 as a SOF aviation unit ?

I mean outside of blogposts and pics of pilots wearing a version of the Balidan ?
Anybody help me with the above ?

abingdonboy

Country flag
And low-vis EDC holsters are easily available to the soldiers here in India?
When the pistols are bought the IA should be buying such needed accessories also, but they still can't get these basics right. Like they bought the Sig 716s with iron sights and not even a pistol grip.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ironically most SF veterans will agree with the critisism (most) on this thread.

Conversely training of a Man will always work within the confines of tactics and equipment which are inturn dictated by National strategy.

No national SOF strategy = mediocre training infra and Medicore kit = results in confused selection and utilisation of resources.
The most concise explanation of this mess and also proof of why it will not be getting better

apoorv465

Country flag
Sirji I would request you to talk to any AAC pilot on their NVG capabilities in the fleet, their training levels on the same and their ability to apply those NVGs in SOF battlefield spectrum (i.e nap of the earth flying )
I think you need terrain following radar for nap of the earth flying. Which i believe all Indian military helicopters lack. Unless we buy some, we will be lacking that capability.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles