Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I have not seen a counterweight like that, what is that round thingy in the back?
god i wish we had a better picture.
Looks like in one fell swoop the garuds and marcos are even leaving NSG behind.
Indian media upscales their 240p footage to make it ultra echh-dee 1080p rejolooshan phootej
Can’t expect some high quality imagery from them even when they are just Social Media based.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I have not seen a counterweight like that, what is that round thingy in the back?
god i wish we had a better picture.
Looks like in one fell swoop the garuds and marcos are even leaving NSG behind.
Seriously though , who thought that out of all the units which we expected , Garuds decided procure this . Like literally they are the least likeliest ones

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Seriously though , who thought that out of all the units which we expected , Garuds decided procure this . Like literally they are the least likeliest ones
They literally jumped from no NVGs to quad NVGs. Good for them. They are a young unit, so they dont carry the pride and arrogance a certain sf unit carries. They might be more willing to learn from foreign units.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
They literally jumped from no NVGs to quad NVGs. Good for them. They are a young unit, so they dont carry the pride and arrogance a certain sf unit carries. They might be more willing to learn from foreign units.
Maybe after Pathankot Airbase attack they realised that in such scenarios PNVGs are the best bet and they took it seriously.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Well they've had IR illuminators on their weapons in the field for a while so it pointed to them have some kind of NOD capability

Indian units are still shamefully behind in terms of night fighting capabilities even with quad-tube NVGs but I hope they are thinking about this.

mustang 0408

Country flag
Para SF imo does not have a need for Quads as they go on long distance ops, and these Quads are heavy and more heavy with the counter weights. Possibly Para SF guys part of AFSOD might find it useful but the one which will be under army i doubt.
Agreed but they are frequently pushed into urban combat,quad nods would be helpful in such scenarios and
I hate to be that guy but lets wait until we see quad nods in actual use during ops or exercises until then IMO its just for the photos.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles