Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
‘Taliban’ with a LOT of high speed kit (including modern NODs and IR illuminators) and even the high ready carry

I don’t think it’s going to happen immediately but if/when Indian forces come up against these guys one day, it’s not going to be the kind of fight they are used to.

this may be particularly devastating for the tip of the spear (PARA SF)

06FC4125-ED32-4E49-B1FA-EAC392B1D870.jpeg

FF1D8EC5-D778-4E30-974A-04DDB1F9BB45.jpeg

Waanar

Country flag
‘Taliban’ with a LOT of high speed kit (including modern NODs and IR illuminators) and even the high ready carry

I don’t think it’s going to happen immediately but if/when Indian forces come up against these guys one day, it’s not going to be the kind of fight they are used to.

View attachment 107428

View attachment 107429
You're reading too much into this. Taliban's promotional videos display their best. I mean, they would put out their best for propaganda, won't they?

Nothing too impressive. Better than regular militia. Close to infantry but definitely not something that'll put Paras to shame.
Considering Paras have gone up and beat SSG even with lesser numbers, I'm not concerned.

I'm far more worried about the IEDs these rascals make.
Very sophisticated and very economic.

The kind of stuff I don't want to see in Kashmir.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
You're reading too much into this. Taliban's promotional videos display their best. I mean, they would put out their best for propaganda, won't they?

Nothing too impressive. Better than regular militia. Close to infantry but definitely not something that'll put Paras to shame.
Considering Paras have gone up and beat SSG even with lesser numbers, I'm not concerned.

Don't worry. It takes more than Gucci Gear to take on battle hardened PARA SF.

Our Babus have launched a new scheme.

PARA SF 'Distributed Encounter Resource Procurement (D.E.R.P)' :troll::troll::troll::troll:

Waanar

Country flag
Don't worry. It takes more than Gucci Gear to take on battle hardened PARA SF.

Our Babus have launched a new scheme.

PARA SF 'Distributed Encounter Resource Procurement (D.E.R.P)' :troll::troll::troll::troll:
Remind me again, don't Paras have some (or a lot, depending on who you ask) Pikkas in service from looting that are still functional?

I'd rather we obtain it from the black market. Guns don't need to be brand new. Milsurp are usually made with more durability than necessary in mind (You can never have TOO durable guns).

Am hearing the current running price in Afghanistan is somewhere around like 60000 for a fully kitted out gun.
Not to mention the highcuts, plate carriers and other gears.
Would be NICE if we could strike a deal with lower ranking telebunnies for like, an armory or something.

Literally 6 lakh guns, more than a lakh MGs and unknown but a LARGE number of PPE in circulation. Up for the taking.

Fucking PUBG going on over there.
Enough weapons to arm a good percentage of Northern Command.

If the government is too pussy, send me and @Haldilal but get our guys those weapons.:crying:

(If you're wondering why Haldi, it's cuz I don't like the pussy. Will probably test my weapons on it)

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Remind me again, don't Paras have some (or a lot, depending on who you ask) Pikkas in service from looting that are still functional?

I'd rather we obtain it from the black market. Guns don't need to be brand new. Milsurp are usually made with more durability than necessary in mind (You can never have TOO durable guns).

Am hearing the current running price in Afghanistan is somewhere around like 60000 for a fully kitted out gun.
Would be NICE if we could strike a deal with lower ranking telebunnies for like, an armory or something.

Literally 6 lakh guns, more than a lakh MGs and unknown but a LARGE number of PPE in circulation. Up for the taking.

If the government is too pussy, send me and @Haldilal but get our guys those weapons.:crying:

(If you're wondering why Haldi, it's cuz I don't like the pussy. Will probably test my weapons on it)
Para SF is actually getting QUAD NVG and sweet gear but it won't happen until 2022 (mid).

Their PKMs are a combination of (D.E.R.P) and salvage from T-55s.

Also if you're in the need for a fully kitted out M16A4 / M4 it can be made available at ~ $1600

abingdonboy

Country flag

SSG barely have any strategic success stories to speak of

hardened Taliban fighters with the kit to go along with them are a very different prospect and they will bring in a very different dynamic into Kashmir if they ever get there.

the status quo has been pretty low intensity for decades in JK, nothing like the horrors going on in a daily basis inside Afghanistan/Syria (massive VBIEDs, complex attacks, suicide bombings etc)

abingdonboy

Country flag

This would actually require a FAR more dynamic approach from MoD/IA HQ

The issue has never really been a lack of money, it’s all about willpower and priorities. What you’re proposing would mean that MoD/service HQs understand there are serious shortcomings and want to fix them, nothing indicates this is the situation.

It would actually be a lot easier (and more acceptable)to get the same kit from the OEMs

Scramjet

Country flag

View attachment 107428

View attachment 107429
Old timers might have a tip or two, they've faced fighters from almost everywhere.

Screenshot_20210831-085242_Chrome.jpg

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
My Imagination : Imagine if some random talibunnie propaganda force with gucci gear enter Kashmir , just to get beat up by some guys wearing 1990s zipper vest , Patkas with a Tavor and then Para start "D.E.R.P"ing out stuff from their maals 🤣🤣 . That sh*t be hilarious tho😂😂🤣 .
And then we party in the forum because we see Paras with Ops Core and comtacs :bplease:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
My Imagination : Imagine if some random talibunnie propaganda force with gucci gear enter Kashmir , just to get beat up by some guys wearing 1990s zipper vest , Patkas with a Tavor and then Para start "D.E.R.P"ing out stuff from their maals 🤣🤣 . That sh*t be hilarious tho😂😂🤣 .
And then we party in the forum because we see Paras with Ops Core and comtacs :bplease:
Kinda sad that it has to come from DERP
50 yrs into the future, Marcos, Garuds, NSG, state police special units, etc etc etc would look like HALOboys and para would probably still be running around with Patkas

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Kinda sad that it has to come from DERP
50 yrs into the future, Marcos, Garuds, NSG, state police special units, etc etc etc would look like HALOboys and para would probably still be running around with Patkas
Its painful😓 but imaginations keep our dream up , so that we never run out of energy for analysis and commentary in these threads . One day , my friend, One day !!😢

Gessler

Country flag
Tonbo Imaging SPARTAN-S thermal sight

View attachment 107506

With Para-SF (probably):

View attachment 107507

With NSG:

View attachment 107509

Unclear if the last 2 pics are in service or just testing.
I don't know if posted before (this is Feb news) but gives a lot more perspective to those not familiar with Tonbo:

"Tonbo has done thermal imaging-based upgrades for CRV (cavalry reconnaissance vehicles) in Jordan, advanced electro-optical targeting system for Philippines army. It has also provided thermal sights to Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta and panoramic night vision binoculars for special forces in Israel and night vision binoculars for special forces in France. Besides these international programmes, Tonbo is also supplying its thermal imaging scopes to the Indian special forces."

Apparently, they sold BNVD-P to Israeli SOF

IMG_9590.jpg

@abingdonboy @rkhanna @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I don't know if posted before (this is Feb news) but gives a lot more perspective to those not familiar with Tonbo:

"Tonbo has done thermal imaging-based upgrades for CRV (cavalry reconnaissance vehicles) in Jordan, advanced electro-optical targeting system for Philippines army. It has also provided thermal sights to Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta and panoramic night vision binoculars for special forces in Israel and night vision binoculars for special forces in France. Besides these international programmes, Tonbo is also supplying its thermal imaging scopes to the Indian special forces."

View attachment 107527

I wonder how did we miss this piece of news for so long, great find btw. Also do post it on the DRDO,PSU and Indian private industry thread.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

View attachment 107527

If the article is indeed accurate this very great to hear as both France and Israel having full access to well renowned firms like Thales, Elbit etc who make similar products have chosen to buy few TONBO products.

Scramjet

Country flag
Paras have opscore FASTs since 2016-17, recently they procured exfil helmets in 2019-20...also they'd rather be dressed as a pathan instead of being dressed as an old skool RR operative...I'll DM you something related to this 🙂

Global Defence

New threads

Articles