Indian Special Forces

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
VBSS? The guys still running around with WW2 era 9mm carbines?

I’m sure there will be VBSS teams from all 4 participating but there will specifically also be exercises for the the naval SOFs of all 4 nations
Ya'll Nibbiars still a lot units uses that old WW 2 carbines. It's our procument that is the all to this mess.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Those new tactical shirts look decent and I’ve heard they are a big upgrade in terms of comfort also interesting to see that the model 1974 helmet is standard for their support elements (K9/C&C), wonder if they’ll be the first to get the high cuts when they become more widely available for the force.

It’s been discussed before but NSG really needs to have those MP5s replaced, should’ve happened years ago at this point.

seeing it remain their standard issue really makes me question their decision making and overall competence. All serious CT units in the world have long since transitioned to SBRs. NSG is stuck in the 1980s

they could’ve easily just gone for an entire SIG 552/3 force post 26/11 but they instead doubled down on the MP-5X/SMG profile.
I'm of the opinion that they should get the .300 blackout Sig Rattler. It's compact, heavy hitting, well designed and suited for the NSG's operational domain.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Nope. Garud.

That is patently incorrect :D

Here, note his presence:

View attachment 106463
Rishi
He's probably from 82nd Airborne(similar camo)
The camo of uppers doesn't match
I may be wrong tho
Screenshot_20210824-002258.jpg
Screenshot_20210824-080935~2.png

And the AR??
I only saw TARs and Negevs with Garuds at Kabul
Although it is a possible it is the T91

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Those new tactical shirts look decent and I’ve heard they are a big upgrade in terms of comfort also interesting to see that the model 1974 helmet is standard for their support elements (K9/C&C), wonder if they’ll be the first to get the high cuts when they become more widely available for the force.

It’s been discussed before but NSG really needs to have those MP5s replaced, should’ve happened years ago at this point.

seeing it remain their standard issue really makes me question their decision making and overall competence. All serious CT units in the world have long since transitioned to SBRs. NSG is stuck in the 1980s

they could’ve easily just gone for an entire SIG 552/3 force post 26/11 but they instead doubled down on the MP-5X/SMG profile.
Doesn't NSG already use Sig MPX?

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Rishi
I may be wrong tho
View attachment 106466View attachment 106467
And the AR??
Now that I look very closely, could be different people!:confused1:

Won't go too much with the BDU though, the latter pic is at an Indian secured facility. Also, I went on the standing body posture & broad physical features of the guy as time & direction of sun can cause subtle changes in photographs of the same person.

Anyways, it is confirmed that they are now roaming on ground "openly" on the Evacuation flights (in terms of not underplaying their presence while undertaking the evacuation missions)

As for assault rifle, am not very sure. A clearer picture would help. We do have all kinds of mix in terms of weapons, for Special Forces.

Reports of few HK416 to be purchased through FMS under Special Financial Powers of Vice-Chief, were also doing the rounds in 19-20.

Sorry, no clue om that.

Last edited:

Sir pe tapla

Country flag

Won't go too much with the BDU though, the latter pic is at an Indian secured facility. Also, I went on the standing body posture & broad physical features of the guy as time & direction of sun can cause subtle changes in photographs of the same person.

Anyways, it is confirmed that they are now roaming on ground "openly" on the Evacuation flights (in terms of not underplaying their presence while undertaking the evacuation missions)

As for assault rifle, am not very sure. A clearer picture would help. We do have all kinds of mix in terms of weapons, for Special Forces.

Reports of few HK416 to be purchased through FMS under Special Financial Powers of Vice-Chief, were also doing the rounds in 19-20.

Sorry, no clue om that.
Sir, a veteran from Airforce told me that the garud members in jumpsuits without any gear and tavora were the crew and Pilots of a C17 itself. This could explain why they were not wearing their usual gear and camo.

Scramjet

Country flag
The pattern is marpat most likely (marine corps), the army units use multicam pattern ACU.
One more thing, the Marine raiders/marsoc as a whole was plagued by the same problem as indian army's SF ( unconventional unit under a conventional infantry command )
Rishi
I may be wrong tho
View attachment 106466View attachment 106467
And the AR??

Tier69operative

Country flag
Had the same conversation with @Tier69operative a while back. The entire Garuds Wardrobe is available in that website.
Seems like they like buying all their stuff in one shop only😂. Like almost all their Optics are from MeproLight and almost all their guns are from IWI.
Garuds are on their way of becoming ambassadors for IWI and Meprolight xD

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Sorry, no clue om that.
The stock is not of a HK416, maybe colt?

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
VBSS? The guys still running around with WW2 era 9mm carbines?
Had clarified this earlier too. As per some of the users in IN, it remains an excellent weapon for CBQ in closed confines of a ship where its subsonic velocity has lesser potential of damaging the sensitive equipment on board ships that may need to remain functional to maintain usability of the vessel.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Sir, a veteran from Airforce told me that the garud members in jumpsuits without any gear and tavora were the crew and Pilots of a C17 itself. This could explain why they were not wearing their usual gear and camo.

Okay But AFAIK, Tavors aren't given to routine crew/pilots in Transport/Fighter Squadrons. You need to be able to handle the weapon which needs prior exposure.

It is very easy to have "load master", "gunner" etc from Garud though

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Had clarified this earlier too. As per some of the users in IN, it remains an excellent weapon for CBQ in closed confines of a ship where its subsonic velocity has lesser potential of damaging the sensitive equipment on board ships that may need to remain functional to maintain usability of the vessel.
Aren't VBSS also issued with some Tavors?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Screenshot_20210410-234945~3.png

Is it weird that they have better plate carriers than people on actual combat duty?
Priorities are well sorted
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

@Hellfire sir, The same can also be done using an Mp5k which is like a little more than half the size of those fossils they use, the same can also be used with Subsonic rounds, (I have also seen a YouTube video, an MP5SD with Subsonic ammo is incredibly quiet, will be very effective in not giving away their positions in a hostile vessel???)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles