Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
On the right it seems to be a Atchisson AA 12 auto-shotgun with a 8-round box magazine (12ga).

I'm not a 100% sure but far as I know, there are no real-world users of the AA12, military or law enforcement (could be wrong on the latter).

I would sure love to hear the reasoning behind this choice. With the right load, can be effective against human targets but would be at a serious firepower disadvantage against any hostile with an automatic weapon. Perhaps its for quickly knocking down/shredding doors during fast movements?

abingdonboy

Country flag
On the right it seems to be a Atchisson AA 12 auto-shotgun with a 8-round box magazine (12ga).

I'm not a 100% sure but far as I know, there are no real-world users of the AA12, military or law enforcement (could be wrong on the latter).

I would sure love to hear the reasoning behind this choice. With the right load, can be effective against human targets but would be at a serious firepower disadvantage against any hostile with an automatic weapon. Perhaps its for quickly knocking down/shredding doors during fast movements?
I can only imagine it’s for breaching structures

NSG messed around with semi-automatic shotguns for a while but I think they reverted to explosive breaching.

Aditya Roy

Country flag
I'm getting extremely paranoid about the whole AF-Pak stuff
Kabul falling to the Talibunnies looks inevitable as each day passes
Assuming Durand line shit slinging between pashtuns and pakjabi Army gets fixed (low chance, still)
Assuming
Shit hits the fan and UPA comes into power in 2024, the worse case scenario would be Taliban taking UPAcucks to the negotiating table with their filthy foot on our soil
Best case scenario is AIOS works properly and Talibunnies gets beheaded like chickens on a KFC outlet
Insha Muruga

View attachment 104901
Won't be surprised if Taliban fighters actually engage the US troops and SF members on the ground at Kabul.

rkhanna

Country flag

Could be the Daewoo SAS12. The Auto 12 guage would blow a massive hole through any OPFOR to evac a principal or now down anything in sight for. Counter assault.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Could be the Daewoo SAS12. The Auto 12 guage would blow a massive hole through any OPFOR to evac a principal or now down anything in sight for. Counter assault.
Watched where the guys with the shotguns were deployed today and also observed they had binoculars in most cases

my assumption now is that this is a response to the apparently increased threat from micro-UAVs, this is the last hard kill option I guess

F01F263A-6D20-4370-B7CC-C2A7DDF1B5F5.jpeg

67060594-8D50-4E6B-948B-DF8E71968259.jpeg

Gessler

Country flag
Nah, both the USAS-12 & SPAS-15 have those carry handle sights.

This big rear sight:

aa12.JPG

...can only belong to the AA 12:

Inked41741088_1858489877569842_2744020262855901184_o_LI.jpg

Watched where the guys with the shotguns were deployed today and also observed they had binoculars in most cases

my assumption now is that this is a response to the apparently increased threat from micro-UAVs, this is the last hard kill option I guess

View attachment 104950

View attachment 104951
Quite likely I must say. With a Birdshot load it ought to be like skeet shooting.

rkhanna

Country flag

View attachment 104950

View attachment 104951
So IMO it's an ineffectual weapon against a swarm drone strike. Either the drones will be small and far or hard to acquire or the swarm can be so large you won't engage everything in time. By the time the drones get withing range of being engaged by this type of Gun, the world has already gone tits up

BUT the auto shotgun will throw up a wall of lead either against drones or armed assaulters and buy enough time to get the principal away from the threat.

SPGs mission is to protect their Principal. Nothing more. The outer ring of security - NSG/ARMY/Police - their job is to prosecute and neutralize the active threat beyond the first few minutes of contact

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles