Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Generally the weapons are not carried,the rest of the personal and training gear is carried with us. Unfortunately we ahy away from using the Spec Ops Aerial platforms to carry us. Don't know why.
C-130J-30 to Russia would be a slow and inefficient ride. Turbofans like IL-76 and C-17s are the IAF’s de facto choice for out of area transport

abingdonboy

Country flag

From this angle it looks like the regular Ops Core Non Ballistic high cut 10 Para is usually seen with these days. As well as the JPC like PCs makes me believe so even more.
View attachment 104214
Indian Army has been reduced to a joke
Toy soldiers

Non ballistic high cuts without ANY of the reasons you would wear one (to mount comtacs/lights/NVGs/etc or operating in a maritime environment) but at least they look ‘operator’ for the insta

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
And how much does an original jpc cost?
An original Crye Precision JPC would cost anything from 210-250$(15-18k ₹), Olive planet would have to import this from somewhere, if it is indeed an original one or a decent copy, it would cost the same as they aren’t a military customer so they may not get discounts while buying, they’d have to pay shipping costs to india and once it reaches here they almost always have to pay Customs duty which is nearly (30-40% of the value including the price of shipping and which country it’s coming from). Once it reaches Olive Planet obviously they’ll add a markup since obviously they’ll have to make a profit to survive. Above this they’ll have to charge for shipping to deliver it to the soldier or unit that has purchased it and the GST.
In the link above which @Hariharan_kalarikkal shared on this thread it costs nearly ₹55,000 for one plate carrier including two level 3+ plates and mag pouche for 3 mags. Including the plates and the fact that Olive Planet and the OEM are asking for an end users certificate, I don’t think it’s any Chinese company as they’d happily sell to anyone as long as they aren’t taking the risk. If they aren’t original or atleast from a known brand, I’m hoping they are of a decent quality as Olive planet is run by 2 veterans.
@Gessler you had purchased something from there right? Could you or anyone else tell us more if ya‘ll know?
@AVINASH4061 sir any other insights regarding the cost?
Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

Gessler

Country flag
An original Crye Precision JPC would cost anything from 210-250$(15-18k ₹), Olive planet would have to import this from somewhere, if it is indeed an original one or a decent copy, it would cost the same as they aren’t a military customer so they may not get discounts while buying, they’d have to pay shipping costs to india and once it reaches here they almost always have to pay Customs duty which is nearly (30-40% of the value including the price of shipping and which country it’s coming from). Once it reaches Olive Planet obviously they’ll add a markup since obviously they’ll have to make a profit to survive. Above this they’ll have to charge for shipping to deliver it to the soldier or unit that has purchased it and the GST.
In the link above which @Hariharan_kalarikkal shared on this thread it costs nearly ₹55,000 for one plate carrier including two level 3+ plates and mag pouche for 3 mags. Including the plates and the fact that Olive Planet and the OEM are asking for an end users certificate, I don’t think it’s any Chinese company as they’d happily sell to anyone as long as they aren’t taking the risk. If they aren’t original or atleast from a known brand, I’m hoping they are of a decent quality as Olive planet is run by 2 veterans.
@Gessler you had purchased something from there right? Could you or anyone else tell us more if ya‘ll know?
@AVINASH4061 sir any other insights regarding the cost?
Thanks in Advance
I didn't buy any vest from Oliveplanet, I bought a non-ballistic helmet.

As per the info provided on that page they are selling the vest + 2 x Level-III+ armour plates as a package.

As you said an original Crye JPC 2.0 goes for about 18k.

A single Level-III+ plate from AR500 goes for about 7.5k, so 15k for 2 plates (all prices directly converted from USD retail prices).

That still only adds up to about >35k

Once you add the import duties + profit margin it should be higher, but 55k still seems pretty high. Well, there aren't many sellers doing this in India, so banta hai I guess.

Someone check if GST on ballistic armour is very high or what. :laugh:

Scramjet

Country flag
Holes on the helmet if you look closely, it's a non ballistic helmet.
I bet these pre INDRA 2021 pics helmets are the same ones but without helmet covers.
Plate carriers too

PicsArt_08-11-10.50.07.jpg

IMG_20210811_105324_063.jpg

IMG_20210807_214313_823.jpg

Waiting for more pics of that excercise, hopefully we might see some night time action

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles