Indian Special Forces

Waanar

Country flag
Anybody any documented details 9n the duration and ammunition expenditure for training a sniper in GREEN BERET, SAS& SEALS?? Thanks
Seal Sniper school is three months long with no weekends off.

Another point worth noting is a lot of time is spent learning stalking, navigating and camouflaging. These three make up the bulk of the training. Shooting is also as important but not the sole priority.

Some SEALs and Green Berets once remarked (I can't remember where so my source is: Trust me bro) that regular Army snipers are more in tune with their Sniper role than SOF guys because oftentimes SOF guys end up being assaulters with long guns because of the fluidity of team formations and the way they have to operate in comparitively unpredictable environments. For example, you must've seen in American Sniper how Chris Kyle got off the roof and started clearing rooms with the Marines. This actually happened and is documented in his biography. On the other hand, the regular Army has a very strict SOP and the sniper will have to jump through several hoops of the higher command before being authorised for such a blatant disregard for his actual role in the platoon.

Thus, even if the US SOF guys have better snipers, on average, the difference with the regular Army sniper is often not that vast.
Just a caveat.

Also, here's a 1994 field manual of the US Army sniper detailing everything from buddy pairs to training exercises, drills etc.

I shall find the more recent one and present it to you. I think I saw a SOF manual floating around somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard to find again.

armyofhind

Country flag
Correct me If I'm wrong, but is that an H&K G3 on the right side, over the mat (?)

(Also, 4 guys and 4 different camo pants lols)
Seems like a Tavor and two Mp5s to me.

The pic is from 2012, the state of equipment in MARCOS is much better now, they're easily the best equipped and standardised SF apart from NSG as things stand right now.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Seems like UK newly created tier 2 force rangers are looking for a new assault rifle.interesting is that bullpups are specially cant compete.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles