Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Why get obsessed with something like that? It’s not even like the debate on c-clamp is settled, many still doubt it.

but it is good to see grit like troops seemingly well drilled, fair to say on many occasions now RR/LOC deployed units have looked as slick and competent as SF units (not a good reflection on the latter). Dare I say more innovation and dynamism is coming out of these regular units not than the SOFs.
Also good to see the IRDE developed and BEL manufactured holographic sights being used in greater numbers these days, hopefully they’re good enough and can handle the recoil related vibrations and stresses of a 7.62 NATO rifle.
Maybe they could even try the new BEL Trinetra too, as that has integrated lasers both visible and IR.
BTW does anyone have a close up pic of the regular BEL holographic sight

Spadex

Country flag
Also good to see the IRDE developed and BEL manufactured holographic sights being used in greater numbers these days, hopefully they’re good enough and can handle the recoil related vibrations and stresses of a 7.62 NATO rifle.
Maybe they could even try the new BEL Trinetra too, as that has integrated lasers both visible and IR.
BTW does anyone have a close up pic of the regular BEL holographic sight
ENfGgSgUcAAe_N1.jpg

Scramjet

Country flag
In Mark Owen’s (SEAL team 6) words... “just my opinion,,,,, whoever the hell came up with the “C clamp” method of shooting has probably spent all his time in the range and never in actual combat!!! Those are two totally different animals!! I combat shoot!!! “

Debate is on. It's not like C clamp is absolute best, still good to see them adapting with the new rifle
C clamp has a tacticool factor

images (74).jpeg

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Why get obsessed with something like that? It’s not even like the debate on c-clamp is settled, many still doubt it.

but it is good to see grit like troops seemingly well drilled, fair to say on many occasions now RR/LOC deployed units have looked as slick and competent as SF units (not a good reflection on the latter). Dare I say more innovation and dynamism is coming out of these regular units not than the SOFs.
Yeah i know, i am mostly just joking about the c-clamp stuff. But you have to agree alot of guys in the top teir teams have adopted it.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
In Mark Owen’s (SEAL team 6) words... “just my opinion,,,,, whoever the hell came up with the “C clamp” method of shooting has probably spent all his time in the range and never in actual combat!!! Those are two totally different animals!! I combat shoot!!! “

Debate is on. It's not like C clamp is absolute best, still good to see them adapting with the new rifle
I am slowly seeing more and more teams using it.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Alexander petrov stand?

Blood+

Country flag
+ guys the Patka debate is OVER. The marginal benefit of having a crudely fashioned steel band around your head that offers zero protection from blunt force trauma or shrapnel from any other direction but laterally is massively outweighed by lack of functionality and poor ergonomics of the product.
Nothing's over, m8. And the weakness of the design that you mentioned can very easily be remedied by simply replacing the current top cover with a few layers of ballistic nylon fabrics without increasing its mass by any noticeable degree.
Personally, I'd take that "crudely fashioned steel band" over a piece of crap like ACH/PASGT any day of the week.
RR switching over to ACH tells you all you need to know.
Aren't exactly the brightest of the bunch, nor the most innovative/imaginative.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Yea but the bigger issue would be that if he is saying the truth then classified information is reaching a Civvie who inturn is putting it on twitter with no consequences. Lol
Havent you seen professionals do it too?

for fan following

I see professionals posting BS about Balakot and post balakot having no idea like the general public about what actually happened.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles