Indian Special Forces

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Still, i believe we need more airborne units instead of converting airborne units into SF ones
I don't think airborne battalions are converted to sf in recent times, it happened initially with 9,10. Most sf battalions are converted from infantry battalions like, 1,2,3,21 para sf.

But I agree we need more airborne units and 1/2 more parachute brigades

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
View attachment 94593
Para SF desert scorpions
I’ve seen some SFs of other countries too using similar bump helmets(non ballistic) what’s the benefit of them over ballistic high cut helmets, which are lighter than full cuts , but still offer ballistic protection ?
Team Wendy Exfil Non ballistic helmets cost about $300 each and IMO it’s not at all worth it and the money should rather go towards equipping everyone with decent plate carriers atleast which 250-300$ on the international market. The ones in the pic look like Ops core ones but I imaging their prices would be similar.

Last edited:

Scramjet

Country flag
I don't think airborne battalions are converted to sf in recent times, it happened initially with 9,10. Most sf battalions are converted from infantry battalions like, 1,2,3,21 para sf.

But I agree we need more airborne units and 1/2 more parachute brigades
4 was airborne, they converted it to SF in 2004
3 was also airborne(When they inducted it in para regt) later converted to SF
1,9 and 10 were the Original cdo battalions

Scramjet

Country flag
I’ve seen some SFs of other countries too using similar bump helmets(non ballistic) what’s the benefit of them over ballistic high cut helmets, which are lighter than full cuts , but still offer ballistic protection ?
Bump helmets are mostly used during Jumping excercises/drills etc.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Quarter zip is on Amazon at Rs 2500 I don't think there is pc but they are backpacks
No bro
Look closely at the guy behind, it appears to be a Shoulder strap of the JPC, beneath the backpack

Edit: adding a picture for comparison

Screenshot_20210614-122048~2.png

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
We really need a good PC,and battle belts now high cuts have been so common but without comtacs highcuts exposes more
It’s not like Comtacs are even unavailable in India , 3M India have them listed on their website for purchase by military or law enforcement. I’ve seen the Civilian versions of Peltors when I’d visited New Mangalore Port, being used by workers to communicate with crane operators
1623655663914.jpeg

1623655715571.jpeg

Even mil standard ones are available please see the link.
Couldn’t take pictures as photography isn’t allowed inside and is well policed by CISF.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
It’s not like Comtacs are even unavailable in India , 3M India have them listed on their website for purchase by military or law enforcement. I’ve seen the Civilian versions of Peltors when I’d visited New Mangalore Port, being used by workers to communicate with crane operators
View attachment 94602
View attachment 94603
Even mil standard ones are available please see the link.
Couldn’t take pictures as photography isn’t allowed inside and is well policed by CISF.
May work well in the deserts and urban areas. Don’t know about high altitude regions. I fear in the coastal and tropical areas the leather or whatever mater the ear muffs are made of will begin to peel and disintegrate due to humidity. I’ve seen it happen to good quality branded headphones like Bose and Skullcandy so I wouldn’t dismiss it happening to these peltors too

Global Defence

New threads

Articles