Indian Special Forces

Blood+

Country flag
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1. I think para sf do ci/ct in morning to better spot to reduce risk as it is a daily occurance and we are on the defensive side.
2.While cross border raids like surgical strikes are done during night which reduces the risk of spotting as we are on the offensive.
3. I have not seen any foreign ex SF make fun of our SF if we are not considering the bean bag exfarts on net (for example reddit).
4. I'd say we have learned a lot too from exercises from equipment( m4 sopmod-1 not quite there but atleast a start, high cut ballistic helmet😀 but without tactical radio headset😢, plate carriers) to tactics ( day and night difference in cqb from videos few years earlier)
5. I was really impressed in the videos released during meghalaya exercises where we could see a side by side performance evaluation of PARA sf and US sof. We were equal and winning in one case too.
6. Regarding bullpups ig to each their own, can't really say as i have never held a gun in my life.
7. Regarding SF being used as super infantry. I guess dense jungle, treacherous terrain and hostage situation in the past which i believe might a bit above the level of regular units.
Dude, easy on the copium!!

kaboom

Country flag
Tonbo didn't they are importing some things rn but most of their stuff is homegrown r&d I can say that about Tonbo I am not aware about MKU ones
I think their thermal and surveillance line is fully indigenous , as it is something which can be developed by hardware and image processing engineers. Manufacturing them is also simpler .

While the nods are not , as they are importing the tubes that are the most crucial thing . Developing and manufacturing tubes is not something that a relatively small company like tonbo can do , when there is no guarantee of getting orders either .FOM of nods depends upon the tubes used in it , without the tubes there isn't really much left to develop.
Heres a teardown of an PVS14 for reference

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Tonbo didn't they are importing some things rn but most of their stuff is homegrown r&d I can say that about Tonbo I am not aware about MKU ones
They cant do anything about intensifier tubes, the best ones are made in the USA, china makes a decent copy but they are not as good. This is something we have to develop inhouse, i wonder if DRDO makes em.

Kumaoni

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1. I think para sf do ci/ct in morning to better spot to reduce risk as it is a daily occurance and we are on the defensive side.
2.While cross border raids like surgical strikes are done during night which reduces the risk of spotting as we are on the offensive.
3. I have not seen any foreign ex SF make fun of our SF if we are not considering the bean bag exfarts on net (for example reddit).
4. I'd say we have learned a lot too from exercises from equipment( m4 sopmod-1 not quite there but atleast a start, high cut ballistic helmet😀 but without tactical radio headset😢, plate carriers) to tactics ( day and night difference in cqb from videos few years earlier)
5. I was really impressed in the videos released during meghalaya exercises where we could see a side by side performance evaluation of PARA sf and US sof. We were equal and winning in one case too.
6. Regarding bullpups ig to each their own, can't really say as i have never held a gun in my life.
7. Regarding SF being used as super infantry. I guess dense jungle, treacherous terrain and hostage situation in the past which i believe might a bit above the level of regular units.
1. Absolutely ridiculous to proclaim that morning operations are better than night ops. Most terrorists aren’t conditioned to fight in the night nor do they have the equipments. Numerous times have terrorists left scratch free after inflicting a casualty or two on IA because of the general lack of nightfighting. I’d go as far as to say 9 Para would have taken zero casualties had they launched the operation at night time
2. Cross border raids have always been done in the early morning.
3. Agree here. Most redditors are fat neckbeards who are writing wank stories.
4. Yes there is progress being made but not at the rate it should be.
5. Agree.
6. no comment.
7. Nope. Regulars have done hostage rescue numerous times. What paras used to do in the 90s was more super infantry (SADO ops along LoC, infiltrating many kms past the LC and laying ambushes there, etx). Now they are doing what infantry does.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles