Indian Special Forces

AVINASH4061

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 @Nightshade1992
What are your views on MARCOs and Garuds, in terms of selection, training, equipment, specific role assignment?
And in what aspects are they different from PARA SF on ground?
This question would require a complete chapter to answer and believe you me the information you have on open source is enough. I have had the experience of a few joint exs with Marcos so can vouch for them.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
True that. And direct GI has it's own set of employment restrictions. There is a reason the western SOF graduated to short stroke/Long stroke from the GI. It's all about weighing the demands priorities of the ops.
But alot of sf units seem to still prefer the direct impingement rifles. For example the US socom loves their mk18 rifles and they recently adopted the geissle URGI uppers.
Even the SAS seem to love their Colt Canada rifles.

AVINASH4061

Country flag
But alot of sf units seem to still prefer the direct impingement rifles. For example the US socom loves their mk18 rifles and they recently adopted the geissle URGI uppers.
Even the SAS seem to love their Colt Canada rifles.
There is price of the product that's always related to it's use too. What did the SEAL TEAM SIX use in OP GERONIMO? What do the DELTA guys prefer?

AVINASH4061

Country flag
There is price of the product that's always related to it's use too. What did the SEAL TEAM SIX use in OP GERONIMO? What do the DELTA guys prefer?
And you are right too, as I had earlier mentioned that it's about the ops and the preference of the operator too. One product would excel in one aspect and be average in the other, now it's for the operators of a team to take that call.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Nahi sir kuch to ho raha hai jaise nsg ko hi lelo 2008 wo I'll equipped the like steel helmets no night vision Goggles
Par aab unke pass small drones se le kar sherpa jaisi vehicles tak aa gayi hai
Jab koi bda attack hota hai uske baad yaad aata hai inhe modernization krne ka kabhi kabhi toh wo bhi nhi krte

Articles