Indian Special Forces

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
With the way their using their multicam on top of their ucp , i think that they plan to remove the ucp in general all together rather than just as a camo for a specific region or operations
It makes sense since Multicam blends well with most environments and terrains, looks Gucci even if the other gear isn't top notch and eases the supply chain in general

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Hell's week our should be something similar
It is, just that our guys do individual land navigation and some monster mash drills in it as well. Monster mash is a series of paddelling, O-course, fire-arms carry and assembly of weapons then firing them, all back to back like a marathon.

But our Hell Week is therefore shorter also. Only 80-92 hours

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Monster mash is a series of paddelling, O-course, fire-arms carry and assembly of weapons then firing them, all back to back like a marathon.
I think you are right we do it all in a go might have been a ex marcos who said it on a podcast can't remember but that was when he was in the unit as far as I have heard in podcasts the criteria and selection changes in Marco's alot so what one generation of marcos have experienced other one might not have.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

SierraDelta.IND

Country flag
Can tell from my limited knowledge & interaction. One of the most effective police CI units in the country, with a number of successful ops. Good trg infra, decently equipped, tons of Arsenal AKs. Also, Best Team in Clusterised Jt CT Trg Ex '22 at NSG Trg Centre.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Isme kya naya he bhai..

i shared here many times that garuds were below infantry levels in CBS and infantry jawans didnt have much respect for them.

AF and Navy have sissy training for such units.

so these units heve to do a lot to even come to the level of RR

thatswhy marcos needs 3 years training and Para probation is less coz you are training a infantryman with dirty boots and not a airman who wears oxfords

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Isme kya naya he bhai..

i shared here many times that garuds were below infantry levels in CBS and infantry jawans didnt have much respect for them.

AF and Navy have sissy training for such units.

so these units heve to do a lot to even come to the level of RR

thatswhy marcos needs 3 years training and Para probation is less coz you are training a infantryman with dirty boots and not a airman who wears oxfords
MARCOS dont do 3 years of training bruh, the course is 8 months long. Let me break this down

Prior to 2000's MARCOS had to do 9 months of Clearance Diving course followed by 12-14 months of MARCOS course. The total duration was somewhere upto 2 years, and unlike Paras, MARCOS do not get deployed to fight right after selection is complete.They do a 6-month block of training to prepare for their deployment. That is similar to what a SEAL, or even SAS workup cycle is. And this, I am taking from an interview from Cdr Vijay

In early 2000s, the MARCOS course was shortened to a 5 month long course because a lot of things they did previously were just repetitions, and guys were sent to so many places, Belgham commando school, Special Group's training cell at Sarsawa, NSG training cell, SFTS in Nahan, CJIWS etc...so with the creation of Naval Special Warfare Tactical Training Center. These issues were resolved. Their was a much more specific training done over there.

In 2016, MARCOS Stopped doing Clearance Diving course and did a 2 and a half to 3-month long Combat Diver course
Now....MARCOS simply do an 8 month long training. (3 months diving, 5 months MARCO course)

The Actual Reasons why Garuds are not good enough, but MARCOS are:
  1. MARCOS start it with diving phase, this has been mentioned about Australian SASR also, that Navy Divers from Australia's armed forces would straight away pick the rigors and pace of SASR selection and counter terrorism that even infantry commandos failed to do. Watch Vijay Rawat's podcast with Yash Mor, both completed the Ghatak Platoon course and agreed upon the physical standards of the diving course are much harder
  2. Garuds have a primarly "QRT secuirty force" mandate. When your mandate is to act like a base security force, you cant expect to match those whose mandate was/is to do specops warfare or even regular millitary operations (in case of army)
  3. In many interviews, like Praveen Teotia, Lt Cdr Ajay Kandwal and MARCO Joginder Singh, they said that it is advised by the navy to take time and prepare for MARCOS course atleast 1 or 2 years before applying. So MARCOS keep the standards high always, the onus lies on you to prep for it. Unlike Garuds whotake straight from civies who enter Airforce boot camp.

Articles