Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I had it open to opinion. Here's mine. CODE OVER COUNTRY: MARCOs
The sailors, responding to the enthusiastic requests of the children, likely did not anticipate that it was crucial to recognize that the boat was not overloaded beyond its designed capacity with adults, but aslo, it was the unexpected behavior of the children that created an imbalance. MARCOS are warfighters not Civil Affairs for that matter. Moreover, the sailors demonstrated initiative and responsibility by jumping into the water and rescuing 12 students and a teacher. They left the rest because they'd already drowned. While they are to blame for their neglegence, it's not entirely their fault. Afterall the Navy discharged those found guilty of neglegence and also gave those families support
Its ok bro..

we are here to defend Marcos who have no basic sailing sense as to how much will make the boat capsize

then we defend Garuds in maoist area to leave injured capf personnel to die and save their own ass and leave

then we defend the pinning down of our best sf aka 9 not once but two times and many many times in the last 15 years

its ok.

Kumaoni

And who gave you this information , I mean I have heard of several stories of 9 para sf getting ambushed mostly by the retired operators .
I dont think you understand how ambushes works, No one is prone to being ambushed no matter how good you are.
I meant actually suffering casualties. Im sure 9 has been ambushed many times. And its not me implying that merely getting ambushed correlates to poor skill.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Its ok bro..

we are here to defend Marcos who have no basic sailing sense as to how much will make the boat capsize

then we defend Garuds in maoist area to leave injured capf personnel to die and save their own ass and leave

then we defend the pinning down of our best sf aka 9 not once but two times and many many times in the last 15 years

its ok.
now that's true, what's not true is that I defend it. Damn, Garuds abandoning injured guys to die looks like DEVGRU to me. As far as that incident goes, I think MARCOs just pushed off thinking let's see how it unfolds and throught that if children are told to do something once they will follow the instructions properly.
Ok then they forgot, they are children not soilders. They went alittle to far on the exitement of the journey leaving little room for saftey

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
wow this thread has become a bleeding heart circlejerk for "civilians" who likely would have compromised many IA missions or even joined lashkar ranks themselves!:rofl::rofl:

indians are fucking pathetic lmao
Since you are inhumane so heres it in your language..

a sf team that doesnt have a basic sailing sense in peace conditions will find it very very difficult in combat to have it

hence when under fire things will end up very very ugly

Kumaoni

a sf team that doesnt have a basic sailing sense in peace conditions will find it very very difficult in combat to have it

This incident was 17 years ago….

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Since you were talking about basic skills here. And I am not even defending our guys, we lack alot of training in various fire and manuevere methods. But c'mon yaar, you be talking about basic sailing sense ? Let me tell you, SF fucks up only when their's an indifference to basic skills. That happens not because of a lack of training, but lack of maturity. Same with that Silver squadron guy who killed Norgrove. Same with Bravo Two Zero, same with these few guys at Wullar.

Because by that logic, if a hostage rescue team throws a grenade at a terrorist, knowing there was a high possibilityof him runing with a hostage is also unprofessional. Wait was that DEVGRU ?
You say that's only one person and here it was an entire prahar held responsible - ok, what about Bravo Two Zero, Andy Mcnab, Chris Rayan and the rest. Also 8 guys...all lost touch with one of the basic principles of desert warfare. Refused to carry load on their vehicles, the newer members of the patrol did not navigate the desert properly and were seen by the shepheard. The rest, even more stupid followed their lead until everyone realized they'd been seen and compromised. So does that mean that SAS lacks land navigation and desert mobility sense ? Or does that mean that guys in that patrol were immature and made bad decisions

airborneCommando

Country flag
Since you were talking about basic skills here. And I am not even defending our guys, we lack alot of training in various fire and manuevere methods. But c'mon yaar, you be talking about basic sailing sense ? Let me tell you, SF fucks up only when their's an indifference to basic skills. That happens not because of a lack of training, but lack of maturity. Same with that Silver squadron guy who killed Norgrove. Same with Bravo Two Zero, same with these few guys at Wullar.

Because by that logic, if a hostage rescue team throws a grenade at a terrorist, knowing there was a high possibilityof him runing with a hostage is also unprofessional. Wait was that DEVGRU ?
You say that's only one person and here it was an entire prahar held responsible - ok, what about Bravo Two Zero, Andy Mcnab, Chris Rayan and the rest. Also 8 guys...all lost touch with one of the basic principles of desert warfare. Refused to carry load on their vehicles, the newer members of the patrol did not navigate the desert properly and were seen by the shepheard. The rest, even more stupid followed their lead until everyone realized they'd been seen and compromised. So does that mean that SAS lacks land navigation and desert mobility sense ? Or does that mean that guys in that patrol were immature and made bad decisions
Multiple such cases worldwide, marcos have been fairly better in terms of minimizing such things there hasn't been any civilian deaths caused by getting trapped in cross-firing during standalone/unilateral/priority-I marcos operations, they have a good liason with local civil administration aswell. Linda Norgrove case you mentioned here is actually one of the cases that outline the very thing you mentioned earlier - code over country - which is very common in tightly knit small units.

Kumaoni

Marcos negative incident from 17 years ago- very indiciative of current capabilities acc to this forum

Para successful ops from 18 years ago- “baseless on current times” and “quality has gone down since 2005”

love it!

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Marcos negative incident from 17 years ago- very indiciative of current capabilities acc to this forum

Para successful ops from 18 years ago- “baseless on current times” and “quality has gone down since 2005”

love it!
Only time I agree with you 100%

Killbot

Country flag
The way this incident was being discussed here, I thought it had happened yesterday (I'm extremely relieved to find out it didn't). We have hard evidence of MARCOs culture and capabilities having improved over the years - speparate special operations command in the navy, new gear (and the requisite training infrastructure), decent focus on opsec and so on. Para, on the other hand, well, the less said the better.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

The way this incident was being discussed here, I thought it had happened yesterday. We have hard evidence of MARCOs culture and capabilities having improved over the years - speparate special operations command in the navy, new gear (and the requisite training infrastructure), opsec and so on. Para, on the other hand, well, the less said the better.
Marcos has a grand total of zero successful pinnings by the enemy since 26/11. Done Ops all over. Trained with some of the best and did a decent job, constantly improving their tech and NVGs, use sophisticated tactics in kashmir ops. But a bad incident from 2006 is very indicative of their capabilities in 2023.

i mean seriously come on.

Articles