Indian Special Forces

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
There is marcos in Mumbai and a para sf unit in Bangalore, if needed
While Marcos are relatively better equipped now, they didn't to jack shiite during 26/11 citing urban warfare isn't their area of expertise

It's still better to have NSG hubs with dedicated transport aircrafts/helos in major cities unless the city police intend to fund dedicated SWAT teams on the lines of what we see in the US or EU

Jedi Operator

Country flag
While Marcos are relatively better equipped now, they didn't to jack shiite during 26/11 citing urban warfare isn't their area of expertise

It's still better to have NSG hubs with dedicated transport aircrafts/helos in major cities unless the city police intend to fund dedicated SWAT teams on the lines of what we see in the US or EU
again ?
Firstly MARCOs are not a fedral unit, Secondly the equipment they used did not work, speaking of which, if anyone has gained more lessons from 26/11 and improved, it's been MARCOs. MARCOs got every chance to get their targets, sometimes, the room was dark and they did not have NVGs, other times, their were hostages and their AKMs could'nt be as effective as MP-5s. Finnaly their grenade did not work.

Thirdly, at the time MARCOs were all Clearance Diving qualified. So, they'd also spend time doing things which were meant for the CD like Salvage rescue ops. Naturally, what you practice more and put your budget into more, you will be more proefficient in that field. Today MARCOs has a crores worth shooting ranges at INS Karna, Kill House in Port Blair and other state of the art facilities. So, maybee you could retire being an Armchair warrior for sometime.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

The incident occurred after about 30 students, aged between seven and 17, had pleaded with the sailors to take them for a ride around the lake in their motorboat, said an army spokesman. He went to say that the children got excited during the ride, and leaned over one side, resulting in the boat turning over. Sailors jumped in and rescued 12 students and a teacher, he added. The boat was designed to hold 10 adults, officials said.

"A detachment of Naval Marine Commandos is deployed at Wular Lake to assist the Army in counter insurgency operations in the Valley. Preliminary investigations indicate that a group of teachers and school children, of a private primary school at Handwara, approached the sailors on duty at the post and requested for a boat ride in a BAUT (Boat Assault). The BAUT has a capacity to carry 16 fully equipped combat troops plus two crewmembers. The school children along with their teachers embarked the BAUT,which capsized after covering a distance of 50 to 60 meters from the launch point. The sailors in the BAUT were able to rescue one teacher and about 11 children, however the rest unfortunately drowned.

The Indian Navy totally shares the sorrow of the bereaved families and stands committed to provide any assistance in this hour of grief. Vice Admiral NK Verma, Chief of Personnel, has been deputed, on behalf of the Chief of Naval Staff, to call on the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir to offer condolences. He will also hand over a cheque of Rupees 20 lakhs for disbursement to the bereaved families.

The state government and the Indian Army have ordered a judicial enquiry and a Court of Inquiry respectively to investigate into the incident. The Indian Navy is committed in providing all assistance towards expeditious investigation. Suitable disciplinary action will be initiated against those found responsible for the accident."

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

The incident occurred after about 30 students, aged between seven and 17, had pleaded with the sailors to take them for a ride around the lake in their motorboat, said an army spokesman. He went to say that the children got excited during the ride, and leaned over one side, resulting in the boat turning over. Sailors jumped in and rescued 12 students and a teacher, he added. The boat was designed to hold 10 adults, officials said.

"A detachment of Naval Marine Commandos is deployed at Wular Lake to assist the Army in counter insurgency operations in the Valley. Preliminary investigations indicate that a group of teachers and school children, of a private primary school at Handwara, approached the sailors on duty at the post and requested for a boat ride in a BAUT (Boat Assault). The BAUT has a capacity to carry 16 fully equipped combat troops plus two crewmembers. The school children along with their teachers embarked the BAUT,which capsized after covering a distance of 50 to 60 meters from the launch point. The sailors in the BAUT were able to rescue one teacher and about 11 children, however the rest unfortunately drowned.

The Indian Navy totally shares the sorrow of the bereaved families and stands committed to provide any assistance in this hour of grief. Vice Admiral NK Verma, Chief of Personnel, has been deputed, on behalf of the Chief of Naval Staff, to call on the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir to offer condolences. He will also hand over a cheque of Rupees 20 lakhs for disbursement to the bereaved families.

The state government and the Indian Army have ordered a judicial enquiry and a Court of Inquiry respectively to investigate into the incident. The Indian Navy is committed in providing all assistance towards expeditious investigation. Suitable disciplinary action will be initiated against those found responsible for the accident."
I am not even shocked at the unprofessionalism.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I was just about to say - NOT A SUPRISE. TII (This is India)
Soon the myth of superior soldiering,professionalism and unmatched discipline would be dusted by incidents like these.

which is apart from the new non complicance of sops by para sf in ops

whats left for the jai ho gang to boast now?

equipment and knowledge is not their forte

rkhanna

Country flag
Soon the myth of superior soldiering,professionalism and unmatched discipline would be dusted by incidents like these.
I Dont have high hopes. Please look on Social Media. New myths are being recreated and bought by a jingoistic and litterate but semi educated population. the Population itself doesnt know what Proffesionalism is supposed to mean or rational thinking for that matter.

Jai Ho gang is louder than anything I have ever heard. Just look around this forum for a microcosm.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I had it open to opinion. Here's mine. CODE OVER COUNTRY: MARCOs
The sailors, responding to the enthusiastic requests of the children, likely did not anticipate that it was crucial to recognize that the boat was not overloaded beyond its designed capacity with adults, but aslo, it was the unexpected behavior of the children that created an imbalance. MARCOS are warfighters not Civil Affairs for that matter. Moreover, the sailors demonstrated initiative and responsibility by jumping into the water and rescuing 12 students and a teacher. They left the rest because they'd already drowned. While they are to blame for their neglegence, it's not entirely their fault. Afterall the Navy discharged those found guilty of neglegence and also gave those families support

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I Dont have high hopes. Please look on Social Media. New myths are being recreated and bought by a jingoistic and litterate but semi educated population. the Population itself doesnt know what Proffesionalism is supposed to mean or rational thinking for that matter.

Jai Ho gang is louder than anything I have ever heard. Just look around this forum for a microcosm.
I was just wondering i am a civil pilot with nothing to do with military and someone offered me and my crew a cake along with other things to eat..

my crew asked permission and i said no..not before we finish our duties.

And then i read about this incident..and i am like wow..being in kashmir..u do that..and u r not court marshalled yet..u killed those kids i am sorry to say..it was ur call no matter what those kids did.

i have no hope..not even of common sense from them.

Blood+

Country flag
I Dont have high hopes. Please look on Social Media. New myths are being recreated and bought by a jingoistic and semi-litterate but uneducated population. the Population itself doesnt know what Proffesionalism is supposed to mean or rational thinking for that matter.

Articles