Indian Special Forces

jai jaganath

Country flag
No, i have seen them with 1,4,9,10,3,2 till date... those radios arent specifically SDRs

Let me clear the air about it.

SDR stands for Software-Defined Radio, which is a type of radio system where most of the traditional radio components, such as amplifiers, filters, and modulators, are implemented using software running on a general-purpose computer. This approach offers several advantages over traditional radio systems, including increased flexibility, adaptability, and scalability.

The Falcon 3 which we use is a tactical radio system. It is often described as a "software-defined radio," but this term can be somewhat misleading. While the Falcon does incorporate some software-based signal processing capabilities, it is not a pure SDR system in the sense that it does not rely on software to implement all of its radio functions.

Rather, the Falcon is a hybrid radio system that combines traditional analog and digital radio components with some software-based signal processing capabilities. It is designed to be flexible and adaptable to a range of communication requirements, and can support multiple frequency bands and modulation schemes.

TLDR; the Falcon 3 is not a pure SDR system, but it does incorporate some software-based signal processing capabilities in addition to traditional analog and digital radio components.
Are baba I know what is sdr
I was saying that as in this video the person has just radio and other videos which I have seen
I know only 10 and 9 have SDR
The guy here doesn't have SDR just indicating that the it has entered in very small nos

jai jaganath

Country flag
Being a bit more specific the radios that we use are the L3Harris RF-7800M/7850M-HH handheld radio and RF-7850S SPR secure personal radio. These are a part of the FALCON 3 suite (family of radios) procured for SF/Abn/50th Bde which includes vehicle mounted radio and Manpack aswell

The RF-7800M/7850M-HH is a handheld radio that offers secure voice and data communication capabilities over multiple frequency bands, including VHF, UHF, and L-band. It features advanced encryption capabilities, noise reduction technology, and GPS tracking, making it suitable for use in complex and dynamic environments. They can also be integrated with other communication systems, such as the Falcon 3 networked communication suite, which we fortunately procured,to provide interoperability between different units/same unit in static/kinetic enviornments.

The RF-7850S SPR secure personal radio(we've seen these with MARCOs on VBSS operations/demonstrations/JCET with SEALs aswell), on the other hand, is a wearable communication device designed for individual soldiers. It is a compactly built radio that offers secure voice and data communication capabilities over multiple frequency bands, including VHF and UHF. It features advanced encryption capabilities, noise reduction technology, and GPS tracking, making it suitable for use in dismounted operations. The RF-7850S SPR can also be integrated with other communication systems, such as the RF-7800M/7850M-HH and the Falcon III networked communication suite as a whole.

The main differences between the RF-7800M/7850M-HH and the RF-7850S SPR lie in their applications and use cases. The RF-7800M/7850M-HH is designed for use by small units and teams, and offers advanced communication capabilities for both voice and data transmission. It is ideal for use in situations where reliable and secure communication is essential, such as in combat operations or in disaster response scenarios.

The RF-7850S SPR, on the other hand, is designed for individual soldiers and is particularly useful in dismounted operations where mobility and agility are essential. Its small size and weight make it easy to carry and operate, and its secure communication capabilities ensure that soldiers can stay connected even in the most challenging environments.

Hope this clears the air a bit more 😅 (im sounding like a damned brochure here)
And I was specifically speaking about l3 Harris as they are operational in 9 and 10 only and marcos
No other units I have seen in pics and videos atleast
I have no confusion regarding variants and types
Infact if I am not wrong in one demonstration to RM 9 para officer showed him Falcon series of SDR family

jai jaganath

Country flag
Being a bit more specific the radios that we use are the L3Harris RF-7800M/7850M-HH handheld radio and RF-7850S SPR secure personal radio. These are a part of the FALCON 3 suite (family of radios) procured for SF/Abn/50th Bde which includes vehicle mounted radio and Manpack aswell

The RF-7800M/7850M-HH is a handheld radio that offers secure voice and data communication capabilities over multiple frequency bands, including VHF, UHF, and L-band. It features advanced encryption capabilities, noise reduction technology, and GPS tracking, making it suitable for use in complex and dynamic environments. They can also be integrated with other communication systems, such as the Falcon 3 networked communication suite, which we fortunately procured,to provide interoperability between different units/same unit in static/kinetic enviornments.

The RF-7850S SPR secure personal radio(we've seen these with MARCOs on VBSS operations/demonstrations/JCET with SEALs aswell), on the other hand, is a wearable communication device designed for individual soldiers. It is a compactly built radio that offers secure voice and data communication capabilities over multiple frequency bands, including VHF and UHF. It features advanced encryption capabilities, noise reduction technology, and GPS tracking, making it suitable for use in dismounted operations. The RF-7850S SPR can also be integrated with other communication systems, such as the RF-7800M/7850M-HH and the Falcon III networked communication suite as a whole.

The main differences between the RF-7800M/7850M-HH and the RF-7850S SPR lie in their applications and use cases. The RF-7800M/7850M-HH is designed for use by small units and teams, and offers advanced communication capabilities for both voice and data transmission. It is ideal for use in situations where reliable and secure communication is essential, such as in combat operations or in disaster response scenarios.

The RF-7850S SPR, on the other hand, is designed for individual soldiers and is particularly useful in dismounted operations where mobility and agility are essential. Its small size and weight make it easy to carry and operate, and its secure communication capabilities ensure that soldiers can stay connected even in the most challenging environments.

Hope this clears the air a bit more 😅 (im sounding like a damned brochure here)
No its very informative
Infact 2 years I had similar doubts regarding our sf radio communication and hand held systems and I went on internet and found one site where very detailed explanation was given similar to this
Hope I would have got this post that time

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
No, i have seen them with 1,4,9,10,3,2 till date... those radios arent specifically SDRs

Let me clear the air about it.

SDR stands for Software-Defined Radio, which is a type of radio system where most of the traditional radio components, such as amplifiers, filters, and modulators, are implemented using software running on a general-purpose computer. This approach offers several advantages over traditional radio systems, including increased flexibility, adaptability, and scalability.

The Falcon 3 which we use is a tactical radio system. It is often described as a "software-defined radio," but this term can be somewhat misleading. While the Falcon does incorporate some software-based signal processing capabilities, it is not a pure SDR system in the sense that it does not rely on software to implement all of its radio functions.

Rather, the Falcon is a hybrid radio system that combines traditional analog and digital radio components with some software-based signal processing capabilities. It is designed to be flexible and adaptable to a range of communication requirements, and can support multiple frequency bands and modulation schemes.

TLDR; the Falcon 3 is not a pure SDR system, but it does incorporate some software-based signal processing capabilities in addition to traditional analog and digital radio components.
Our sof using Falcon 3 series was few concern for me not bcoz its bad or something useless
It's useful but most of our forces use spr as u have written
In today's era mordern warfare sems incomplete without sdr
And I was in deep hope that drdo hand held sdr would enter service as many units use spr only but before that sdr entered into para 10 and 9 and even marcos

Scramjet

Country flag
Our sof using Falcon 3 series was few concern for me not bcoz its bad or something useless
It's useful but most of our forces use spr as u have written
In today's era mordern warfare sems incomplete without sdr
And I was in deep hope that drdo hand held sdr would enter service as many units use spr only but before that sdr entered into para 10 and 9 and even marcos
Yeh lo janab 1 para

IMG_20230508_001021_531.jpg

Scramjet

Country flag
No its very informative
Infact 2 years I had similar doubts regarding our sf radio communication and hand held systems and I went on internet and found one site where very detailed explanation was given similar to this
Hope I would have got this post that time
Link this website if possible

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I am sorry yeh kehna padega...

Flow chart of Terror attack in J&K:-

X number of Jawans killed
|
Media presure
|

Modi kuch karo
|
Army Chief pressure on Northern command
|
Northern command on GOC
|
Goc realising best asset is Para SF
|
Full pressure on 25-30 Para sf boys to scan tens of sq kilometre of forest led by a Major
|
Jaldi karo.. jaldi karo..
|
Media pressure

Then Sops get not followed coz of jaldi jaldi... and we end up loosing men.

I am sorry but last 15 years 3 times Para SF units elite 3 teams comprising of 5-10 men have been pinned down.

All of the blame is on poking them and rushing and then not giving them the equipment they should have asked for.

Blame starts from the rank of Colonel to the babus.

iBaaz

Country flag

|
Media presure
|

Modi kuch karo
|
|
Northern command on GOC
|
|
Full pressure on 25-30 Para sf boys to scan tens of sq kilometre of forest led by a Major
|
|
Media pressure

I am sorry but last 15 years 3 times Para SF units elite 3 teams comprising of 5-10 men have been pinned down.

All of the blame is on poking them and rushing and then not giving them the equipment they should have asked for.

They also seem to be bunching up RR with Para for some reason during the ops

Scramjet

Country flag

|
Media presure
|

Modi kuch karo
|
|
Northern command on GOC
|
|
|
|
Media pressure

Abhi bhi wahi hua hai, we lost them since the area cdr wanted to zero down on the terrorists ASAP before they escape

Aspirant847

Country flag
quality of the news channel is going down the drain.
Why don't they have a simple comprehension skill?

"neutarlised immediately"

View attachment 203466

"The 9 para boys were tough and amazing...."
View attachment 203467

Infact, there wasn't even a need to run this news. By giving them space, you are allowing their propaganda to sweep through the Indian society.
what does it mean NO IED and neutralized immediately?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Shit happens.Dozens of MacvSog teams were vanished into thin air without even a trace during Vietnam war.A well placed ambush could wipe out the whole squad even before you realise what hit you.
No amount of training will save you if you step foot into the awaiting enemy's killzone.Remember what happened to Green berets in Mali.
Though I don't know the specifics,such combing ops should involve large RR teams and throwing away small teams of SF to sweep large areas to hunt down hiding enemies is not a bright move.
If Ukraine,Iran , Azerbaijan,Turkey all could amass large number of drones why couldn't IA buy drones and deploy them in such ops?

Kumaoni

|
Media presure
|

Modi kuch karo
|
|
Northern command on GOC
|
|
|
|
Media pressure

GOV has zero trust in anything else, sad

Articles