Indian Special Forces

JConline

Country flag
Out of curiosity, I was looking up how much it would take for our SF to get modern essential gear considering that they already had High Cuts and held on to the Tavors and here it goes:
Comtacs: $400 - $600 (Lower end Earmor to higher-end Safariland with PTT)
Jumpable shooters cut PC: $100 (Armasen and others sell them for $100 or less in India)
Battle Belt and pouches: $100
Tactical pants and shirts with integrated kneepads ~ $100
Adding it all up the total comes down to less than 1000$ for each soldier which is approximately 80k INR. I don't understand how no one in the army has figured out that with the amount that the Army refunds to the MoD at the end of the year, they can equip their special forces to sub-international standards.

Even if the Army wanted to update its night fighting capabilities, I don't imagine it would cost more than $10k
per operator to equip them with indigenously made Rajak I-222B or other Binod sets.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Out of curiosity, I was looking up how much it would take for our SF to get modern essential gear considering that they already had High Cuts and held on to the Tavors and here it goes:
Jumpable shooters cut PC: $100 (Armasen and others sell them for $100 or less in India)
Adding it all up the total comes down to less than 1000$ for each soldier which is approximately 80k INR. I don't understand how no one in the army has figured out that with the amount that the Army refunds to the MoD at the end of the year, they can equip their special forces to sub-international standards.

Even if the Army wanted to update its night fighting capabilities, I don't imagine it would cost more than $10k
per operator to equip them with indigenously made Rajak I-222B or other Binod sets.
You can’t just account for only one pair of Tactical Shirt and Trousers, atleast each person will need 3 no.s each at minimum for active duty use, if not more, largely agree with the rest.
You’ve also forgotten to include a good LAM, since one can’t just depend on the older Tavors that has just battery powered ITL MARS sights with integrated lasers that have a poor battery life when the lasers are used. Hence, we regularly see PARA SF personnel use them with AN/PEQ-2s or occasionally other ones like Steiner DBAL, despite already having an optic with integrated laser pointers.

JConline

Country flag
You can’t just account for only one pair of Tactical Shirt and Trousers, atleast each person will need 3 no.s each at minimum for active duty use, if not more, largely agree with the rest.
You’ve also forgotten to include a good LAM, since one can’t just depend on the older Tavors that has just battery powered ITL MARS sights with integrated lasers that have a poor battery life when the lasers are used. Hence, we regularly see PARA SF personnel use them with AN/PEQ-2s or occasionally other ones like Steiner DBAL, despite already having an optic with integrated laser pointers.
Yeah I get your point but I feel like, because the ITL Mars and the the PEQ 2s both have IR lasers and we are sticking to the Tavors and the Block 1 M4s in this scenario, there's no need to invest in LAMs.
Now, if you were to add the Binods into the equation then it makes sense to add that extra $1000 for a Steiner LAM with the $10k Binods.

JConline

Country flag
As for the pairs of tactical pants and shirts, I dedicated $100 for them keeping in mind 2 sets of tactical pants and shirts because if made in India and purchased in bulk, I feel like $100 should do for a couple of sets.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

Overestimating the amount by a huge margin brother .
Lemme show it Rs , it's Easier calculation for us Indians .
An Average airsoft plate carrier cost "starts" the range of Rs.3000 or 4000 in India with built in 3 primary arms ammunition pouches or more .
The most expensive in India is Armasen with approx 8000Rs
The battle belts are not necessarily so expensive. Olive planet sells 2 one for 500 another 1500 . Armasen sells their Wasp at 5000
I think tactical apparel could be the cheapest in India . You have Paracom Spec Ops , Indian Sports gear , Tactical Gears India , Tactical Experts Tac Ops , Military Equipment pvt Ltd , Gear smith , and the most famed yet the most underrated , Mount Miller , which is probably Indias first brand to clone Crye style knee pads in their pants .
And the fun fact is you can get the whole set for an approx Rs4000- Rs7000 .
Gloves can purchased through a lot of 3rd party stores Delta Tech India , Ubuy India , Olive planet , Militiazone. Even M-pact clone.
For shoes you can purchase from a lot of stores . Get themselves Mikaasa or Magnum or even Salomon Quests and AKU selvatica ( Para SF and Marcos) respectively. Well it's starts from the range of 4000-23,000 INR .
Minor things such as extra pouches or spare clothes etc can be included in this .

Also we can purchase Howard Leights roughly costing around 10000 INR . Include a radio if you wanna . The Peltors , Ops cores ,Sordins and Liberators cost more than a fortune so why procure those extravagant things if we are not accustomed to the basic Handsfree headset . Practice first with that and then we'll see .
Also I'll take on an MKU or SMPP or even TASL helmet anyday over the exorbitant Ops core or Team Wendy's. You can get the same protection with Hard Headed Veterans at 500 dollar helmet .

We can get almost every frontline soldier equipped with Global SOF standards or even current USMC standards , which is dam high , but we choose to play dumb

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Yeah. Looks like MARCOS training Navy VBSS.
I think the burden on VBSS teams and Marcos are little more than what's expected. Why not have a small amount of a few hundred naval infantry used for guarding the ships . Maybe a few officers from VBSS can taken and placed with a limited no. naval infantry equivalent. They'd use the NWU-Type ii uniform and guard bases and naval instalations and ships with Ak and Sig . While VBSS play commando with their signature Black and the Marcos Left over Mp5

JConline

Country flag
Overestimating the amount by a huge margin brother .
Lemme show it Rs , it's Easier calculation for us Indians .
An Average airsoft plate carrier cost "starts" the range of Rs.3000 or 4000 in India with built in 3 primary arms ammunition pouches or more .
The most expensive in India is Armasen with approx 8000Rs
The battle belts are not necessarily so expensive. Olive planet sells 2 one for 500 another 1500 . Armasen sells their Wasp at 5000
I think tactical apparel could be the cheapest in India . You have Paracom Spec Ops , Indian Sports gear , Tactical Gears India , Tactical Experts Tac Ops , Military Equipment pvt Ltd , Gear smith , and the most famed yet the most underrated , Mount Miller , which is probably Indias first brand to clone Crye style knee pads in their pants .
And the fun fact is you can get the whole set for an approx Rs4000- Rs7000 .
Gloves can purchased through a lot of 3rd party stores Delta Tech India , Ubuy India , Olive planet , Militiazone. Even M-pact clone.
For shoes you can purchase from a lot of stores . Get themselves Mikaasa or Magnum or even Salomon Quests and AKU selvatica ( Para SF and Marcos) respectively. Well it's starts from the range of 4000-23,000 INR .
Minor things such as extra pouches or spare clothes etc can be included in this .

Also we can purchase Howard Leights roughly costing around 10000 INR . Include a radio if you wanna . The Peltors , Ops cores ,Sordins and Liberators cost more than a fortune so why procure those extravagant things if we are not accustomed to the basic Handsfree headset . Practice first with that and then we'll see .
Also I'll take on an MKU or SMPP or even TASL helmet anyday over the exorbitant Ops core or Team Wendy's. You can get the same protection with Hard Headed Veterans at 500 dollar helmet .

We can get almost every frontline soldier equipped with Global SOF standards or even current USMC standards , which is dam high , but we choose to play dumb
I get what you are trying to say but I still wanna stick to military grade equipment. My estimates show that if we were to hold onto the Tavors and the highcuts we already have, it would cost 6-8 cr INR to equip the WHOLE of Para SF (Taking into account that some units don't have highcuts).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles