Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Whts the point of having expensive gun when they don't have proper helmet , radios , PCs, cammo, battle belt.etc the list goes on. Even the shitty Turks have better gear.
Expensive? These are ancient and worn AKs a lot of them likely looted from terrorists with some after market furniture added. So the AK is slightly less spray and pray that’s about it

Kumaoni

I thought that they are RR soldiers, but guess I was wrong. Probably special forces. God it's difficult to differentiate a special force from regular

Pathetic, joke army. It will take more 1965s, chammbs, 1962s, etc or what?

skunk works

Country flag
He doesn't know how to take interviews. I only saw his interview with Vivek Jacob, and I realized 15 minutes in that this guy was just nodding and humming, and asking a bunch of uninteresting questions.

Someone like Jocko or Fighter Pilot Podcast is way better - actually interesting stuff, but as understandable, nothing much Indian.

If you're looking Indian, the best channel I have found yet is the Blue Skies Podcast. Focuses extensively on Indian Air Force/Indian Naval Aviation/Indian Army Aviation.
Blue Skies has the same problem, doesn't stay quiet in the interviews. Too many 'ahha' and 'oh really' and 'my god'.
Some interviews are nigh unwatchable. I have seen this a common problem with Indian interviewers for the last 2 decades.

Waanar

Country flag
U can't compare our sf to Turks bro
It's insult to them
Moreover they are NATO sof so standards would be too high
Puh lease. Turkish tactics are non-existent. Here are them drilling for Syria (falsely labelled as ops in Syria).

This is sheer incompetence with zero regards for the fundamentals of shooting, let alone CQB.

This is what's kind of dumb about this forum. It's never "Oh yeah, we lack this but this is great." or "Oh yeah, we do this great but here's where we're lagging".

It's straight up "Jai ho, cowabunga it is, Indian Army beast strong, Major Vivek said mineral water hahaha" or "We're fucked. We're so fucked our SF can't do shit, we're so fucked, the enemy so stronk".

Find nuance. Stop acting like children.
When Taliban took refuge in the peaks of Hindu Kush, they needed Opium to merely function because of the pain due to bodily disintegration and the US troops would sit on the logistics route leading up the mountain because they couldn't expect their military (untrained at such heights) to attack and not have tremendous casualty rates.

Meanwhile, the so-called "untrained" Indian military would overrun those positions within a couple of days.

We lag in some places and not in others. Nuance is a thing. World isn't black or white, it's gray and if you disagree, you're gay.

rkhanna

Country flag
Meanwhile, the so-called "untrained" Indian military would overrun those positions within a couple of days.
Very correct on the post.

Just one nuance here. Ours taking those positions in a couple of days would come as a result of throwing bodies at the problem. Our Victories have been won (last 2 decades or so) primarily because we have bodies to through. Value of human life in the IA and as an extension the country at large is very low. This however is not entirely a bad thing. its just a double edged sword - need to acknowledge that.

OTH do note Turkish Military at large (specially SOF and AF) have been gutted by the purges of since the 'coup attempt'.

Kumaoni

Puh lease. Turkish tactics are non-existent. Here are them drilling for Syria (falsely labelled as ops in Syria).

This is sheer incompetence with zero regards for the fundamentals of shooting, let alone CQB.

This is what's kind of dumb about this forum. It's never "Oh yeah, we lack this but this is great." or "Oh yeah, we do this great but here's where we're lagging".

It's straight up "Jai ho, cowabunga it is, Indian Army beast strong, Major Vivek said mineral water hahaha" or "We're fucked. We're so fucked our SF can't do shit, we're so fucked, the enemy so stronk".

When Taliban took refuge in the peaks of Hindu Kush, they needed Opium to merely function because of the pain due to bodily disintegration and the US troops would sit on the logistics route leading up the mountain because they couldn't expect their military (untrained at such heights) to attack and not have tremendous casualty rates.

We lag in some places and not in others. Nuance is a thing. World isn't black or white, it's gray and if you disagree, you're gay.
Imagine saying a. Country which literally dismembered a NATO member is a joke to some puppet state that formed as a result of its monarchy failures.

Very good post.Also- the amount of times western infantry was saved by air force in theafghan war was Hillarously numerous.

jai jaganath

Country flag

They are really better equipped than us and tactics comes with NATO participation
Coming to real life ops everyone has their own fuck ups they have and also have it
Based on it we can't say they are inferior to us especially when they are still NATO member
Their training would at par of them and I don't think our sf are trained to anto standards

Coming to hills part
We are not some super humans
We achieve it through huge casualties bcoz we have the capacity to throw the bodies like in case of kargil bcoz we have lot
And I am not disrespectful
They can also achieve it but do they want such a casualty
And that's the answer

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Very correct on the post.

Just one nuance here. Ours taking those positions in a couple of days would come as a result of throwing bodies at the problem. Our Victories have been won (last 2 decades or so) primarily because we have bodies to through. Value of human life in the IA and as an extension the country at large is very low. This however is not entirely a bad thing. its just a double edged sword - need to acknowledge that.

OTH do note Turkish Military at large (specially SOF and AF) have been gutted by the purges of since the 'coup attempt'.
True.

What is the tactics we will use to gain those positions?

Human wave..basically modified human wave.

Kumaoni

They are really better equipped than us and tactics comes with NATO participation
Coming to real life ops everyone has their own fuck ups they have and also have it
Based on it we can't say they are inferior to us especially when they are still NATO member
Their training would at par of them and I don't think our sf are trained to anto standards

Coming to hills part
We are not some super humans
We achieve it through huge casualties bcoz we have the capacity to throw the bodies like in case of kargil bcoz we have lot
And I am not disrespectful
They can also achieve it but do they want such a casualty
And that's the answer
Actually the Kargil kill ratio, which was against trained soldiers btw, who were also a NATO major ally, was actually far less than 1:2 when such hill assaults were expected to incur at least a 1:5 casualty ratio.

And the means for overrunning the positions involved well coordination with the artillery, and multi-directional assaults which are praised by even US military papers. Heck, they even COMPARED Tiger Hill to Operation Anaconda, and actually even said that the Indians fought in a tougher climate and terrain.

Pakistan suffered 483 losses (accorfing to their military papers- RIP to them)
India suffered 627 killed accorfing to the National War Memorial, BUT this also includes those who were killed in COIN operations during this time period.

In B4 i get called a fanboy and people sneak-like that post which does.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Actually the Kargil kill ratio, which was against trained soldiers btw, who were also a NATO major ally, was actually far less than 1:2 when such hill assaults were expected to incur at least a 1:5 casualty ratio.

And the means for overrunning the positions involved well coordination with the artillery, and multi-directional assaults which are praised by even US military papers. Heck, they even COMPARED Tiger Hill to Operation Anaconda, and actually even said that the Indians fought in a tougher climate and terrain.

Pakistan suffered 483 losses (accorfing to their military papers- RIP to them)
India suffered 627 killed accorfing to the National War Memorial, BUT this also includes those who were killed in COIN operations during this time period.

In B4 i get called a fanboy and people sneak-like that post which does.
No one denies it but
We do use human wave tactics

Kumaoni

No one denies it but
We do use human wave tactics
We had to get creative with it though, initial frontal assaults failed so we infiltrated from multiple directions and attacked at multiple points. Most casualties happened cuz of this.

8 sikh which miserably failed its first assault on Tiger Hill actually rebounded and took part of the post in a two company assault that required steep scaling and attacking from the back.

Point 5770- another instance of nuanced tacticts, taking a hard post in a single assault: http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/kargil-war-1999-capture-of-point-5770-navdeep-top/

DumbPilot

Country flag
Blue Skies has the same problem, doesn't stay quiet in the interviews. Too many 'ahha' and 'oh really' and 'my god'.
Some interviews are nigh unwatchable. I have seen this a common problem with Indian interviewers for the last 2 decades.
It is what it is, unfortunately.

We need people who have had experience to take podcasts, if we want something good, not people like BeerBiceps. Nothing against that guy personally, but he just doesn't know how to take interviews and ask interesting questions

I think it's kind of a mindset problem. People want to get clicks, not actually tell stories, and that is why we have videos like these:
1674193010581.png

And not like these:
1674193124182.png

And you know that Jocko's podcasts are genuine, because this guy fought in the battle of Ramadi(ex-SEAL, and led Task Force Bruiser). We need men like him to take podcasts of other active or retired personnel, that is when I think the quality of Indian content will have a sharp rise.

Articles