Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Experience in defence? I think there’s maybe 4 decent defence journalists in all of India, Sandeep, Shiv arroor and Maroof Raza, Tarmak007 everyone else is utterly clueless and even these guys aren’t particularly polished or detail orientated. Then again that’s not where the market is, masala BS is what the masses want
Id say india is worse than sri lanka at this point

abingdonboy

Country flag
Id say india is worse than sri lanka at this point
Sri Lanka probably has more national attention on security matters. That said there’s no south Asian country that takes defence particularly seriously, desis will take style over substance all day

Just saw IA posted this:

1673986408692.png

I remember 10+ years ago many of us were looking forward to how Indian SF would look in the 2020s given there inevitable modernisation, welp.

I can’t find one redeeming thing in this picture, indian security really is a circus. At a time when india is actually wising up in other areas, its military is becoming a joke

Kumaoni

Sri Lanka probably has more national attention on security matters. That said there’s no south Asian country that takes defence particularly seriously, desis will take style over substance all day

Just saw IA posted this:

View attachment 189983

I remember 10+ years ago many of us were looking forward to how Indian SF would look in the 2020s given there inevitable modernisation, welp.

I can’t find one redeeming thing in this picture, indian security really is a circus. At a time when india is actually wising up in other areas, its military is becoming a joke
Always been a joke

abingdonboy

Country flag
Always been a joke
Maybe but my impression is before they got focused on COIN they were more serious and had an IDF like spirit to fight for existence. Subsequent generations have got further and further removed from warfare and have been bogged down by COIN/policing roles

Kumaoni

Maybe but my impression is before they got focused on COIN they were more serious and had an IDF like spirit to fight for existence. Subsequent generations have got further and further removed from warfare and have been bogged down by COIN/policing roles
Nope. Even then they couldn’t even defeat Pakistan decisively in 65, it can be argued they lost this war

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Experience in defence? I think there’s maybe 4 decent defence journalists in all of India, Sandeep, Shiv arroor and Maroof Raza, Tarmak007 everyone else is utterly clueless and even these guys aren’t particularly polished or detail orientated. Then again that’s not where the market is, masala BS is what the masses want
experience in life bro...

she sounded like a teenager half of the time and had that reporter not been there to help her then she would be clueless

That is why i have more respect for Alhabadia after watching her.

DumbPilot

Country flag
The first time you could forgive him but he’s done more than 10 interviews of ex-servicemen now and he doesn’t give any extra insight, he asks the same questions every single time and comes across as incredibly naive. I’m pretty sure most of his questions centre around comparing real life to movies/video games he’s been exposed to
He doesn't know how to take interviews. I only saw his interview with Vivek Jacob, and I realized 15 minutes in that this guy was just nodding and humming, and asking a bunch of uninteresting questions.

Someone like Jocko or Fighter Pilot Podcast is way better - actually interesting stuff, but as understandable, nothing much Indian.

If you're looking Indian, the best channel I have found yet is the Blue Skies Podcast. Focuses extensively on Indian Air Force/Indian Naval Aviation/Indian Army Aviation.

Articles