Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

The early / mid 90s were extremely tough - our kill ratio was horrendous compared to Today. (We went through a slump again in the mid 2000s FYI)

As a young 13/14 year old first time i think i understood death via those funerals i went to
Actually it was bout the same (1995 saw a 7:1 kill ratio, highest and unbeaten till this day, while 1999 saw the worst kill ratio, less than 2:1):
1D6423DC-4885-483C-92E0-A83F106009F0.jpeg

It’s pretty much been 4:1 or 5:1 for the longest time ever

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Well it didn’t get any better when they got ‘kitted up’

wtf are those leg holsters? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any as cheap and distorted looking as those things

also……..that’s a night sight being used in the day with the front cap on right? I mean do they even think about anything beyond PR pics anymore? They must enjoy being ridiculed by actual professionals

View attachment 183749

View attachment 183750
What tf are those helmets?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I don’t even get the point. So because Paras have killed a lot of jihadis this means they don’t need good gear?

even RR and regular units are updating quite a bit but paras are standing still. This is a cultural issue inside the Para battalions but whenever it’s pointed out this red herring is pulled out. Some seem to forget SF is meant to be a strategic asset used against peers not a CT unit used on your own borders to conduct largely police operations
To be frank for me i have lost al interest in Para "SF", i just ignore them. Chest thumping is more important to them not operational capability. Just ignore them, i would rather criticise marcos all day because i have some expectations from them.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
both of these are ballistic helmets mate not those bump types(Bumps are easy recognizable by their opening on the top like some skate boarding helmet or cycle helmet)
My bad I meant highcut ballastic helmets or army just thinks comtacs are not gonna happen to 3 paras

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles