Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Whose fantasy?
Saw some show with whole episode dedicated to Mumbai attacks seals came to Mumbai rescued some us citizens show is said to be a fantasy with a bit of realism and efforts from ex seals so was wondering did they really come here or its just a show

P.S- at the end of ep muricans gives us proof that it was pakis so im not sure about credibility

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Saw some show with whole episode dedicated to Mumbai attacks seals came to Mumbai rescued some us citizens shows is said to be a fantasy with a bit of realism and efforts from ex seals so was wondering did they really come here or its just a show
I have seen that show too
It's BS
There is an episode preceding that, the seals do a mission in PoK, and gets extracted in an IAF helicopter
Did navy seals come to Mumbai in 2008 attacks or its their fantasy ?
Watch the Series Seals, the equipment and drills etc are watch worthy
Take it at face value, get entertained and reject
Don't give it too much thought, especially don't ask stupid shiiet from a fictional story

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I have seen that show too
It's BS
There is an episode preceding that, the seals do a mission in PoK, and gets extracted in an IAF helicopter

Watch the Series Seals, the equipment and drills etc are watch worthy
Take it at face value, get entertained and reject
Don't give it too much thought, especially don't ask stupid shiiet from a fictional story
I dropped the show at 2nd season so Don't know what happens later

ManhattanProject

Country flag
IWI? Not SIG? Not HK? Not FN? The top tier units in the world that can buy whatever they want, how many of them use a single IWI as their standard issue?

IWI is used the world over by poor nations/militaries that need something cheap and cheerful.

As Major Avainash’s description proves, Indian military has almost no concept of actual sniping but keep fighting on this hill. I don’t know who you are trying to convince
he is high on copium.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Last I checked, India is still a poor nation? Secondly, why would Western countries buy foreign weapons, Germany, UK, US, France and many other have their own local industries. True IWI weapons are used by a lot of poor countries so what? Does the bullet care if it was fired by a rich white privileged European or some brown ass rag tag militia? IWI still remains one of the world's largest producers and as I said, I'll trust their naming / terminology of their weapon. Apart from that India already have Barretts, Sakos, PSGs, Dragunovs, M107s, what the fuck else do you want you little cuck. Since 2-3 years they have increased training.

I didn't disagree with the Maj. nigga, I disagree with you. You exaggerate like a tranny male exaggerates about his heavy periods.
White privilege, brown skin thats all you seem to see, get over it kid and see the reality.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Very True, not sure, why the hate of IWI, all I said is Galatz is a sniper rifle as per the manufacturer. It's an effective DMR that is used for upto 800M where it can cleanly take off a head or an arm with precision. It was bought since it was reliable, cheap and had a 20 round mag capacity. Never did I once say that IA shouldn't induct better dedicated longer range sniper rifles or AMRs. Never did I say that more training isn't needed.
no you are not going to take a head or arm precisely on 800meters what are you in a Hollywood movie? you aim for center of mass.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Well here we have to ask ourselves that ,is good quality enough when you are talking about special operations ,with shorter rail space and huge handguard ,mounting light and ir device makes the system congested , you can only grip firearm one way + if you switch shoulder then you will have to grip the gun with modlight or ir which makes it even worse .
All arguments are pretty much black and white , either tavor is shit or its good, Tavor can be good for infantry or other units who dont have to worry about mounting peq or switching shoulder ,its bad for sf , reliability is not the only thing that matters in a gun , goli nikalni chahiya is not enough for modern sof sop's , the time tavors were bought , peq and modlight and switching shoulder was not the top priority ,time has changed get better riffle.
Thats my 2 cents of knowledge , correct me if I am wrong .
Fair..SF needs something versatile adaptable reliable and precise

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Well here we have to ask ourselves that ,is good quality enough when you are talking about special operations ,with shorter rail space and huge handguard ,mounting light and ir device makes the system congested , you can only grip firearm one way + if you switch shoulder then you will have to grip the gun with modlight or ir which makes it even worse .
All arguments are pretty much black and white , either tavor is shit or its good, Tavor can be good for infantry or other units who dont have to worry about mounting peq or switching shoulder ,its bad for sf , reliability is not the only thing that matters in a gun , goli nikalni chahiya is not enough for modern sof sop's , the time tavors were bought , peq and modlight and switching shoulder was not the top priority ,time has changed get better riffle.
Thats my 2 cents of knowledge , correct me if I am wrong .
The thing with tav 21 is it's not that bad per se .
But the issues are
- tavor face
- bullpup weird design which makes it difficult for regular design shooters.
- location of rear mag release , bolt catch and mag feed .
Shorter rail space on a bulky handguard
- is modular but need a complex tool change the ejection port side .
Good for regular inf like the IDF or Aussie army uses . But not for SOF .
I agree . But please there's no reason for downgrading it and the IWI.
Also just because Galatz is written as sniper rifle , doesn't mean it is . It's just for namesake .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
1. Car 816 is heavy due to unnecessary quad rails with no support for 300 blk
2. H&K 416 is good but again its heavy thats why devgru is replacing it with noweske which are lighter and more reliable.
3.IwI arad is interesting ,it can support both 300blk and 556 without safety hazard it seems,It is also very light ,Thay have not been tested though ,not in use by any unit I know of.

My suggestion:-
1.Noweske rifles are light and well built, noweske barrels are considered best in the market ,No unnecessary bullshit, and guns are well tested and respected
2.Kac SR 16 is also considered one of the best fighting rifles built , Kac barrels are also considered best alongside noweske.Also tested in afghan by muricans.
3.IwI arad looks preety good light weight system with usability of both 300blk and 556 with no safety hazard (iwi claim), lets see how it turns out in testing

Disclaimer:- The opinion is presented by a keyboard warrior ,proceed with caution and provide your opinion.
Novoske is the new boy in the market , if I'm not wrong seen just last year with the USNSWC operators.
Geissle on the other hand is overused

rkhanna

Country flag
How much heavier is the 816? Compared to what we already have and available to us? Novoske etc are pipe dreams - the cost is not worth the loss in weight IMO at present for us. The 816 cost is far more justifiable.

The 816 is an improvement over the 416 AND was built for harsh desert environment in mind compared to the European focused 416. IMO the 816 will work better in the Indalian / Subcontinental environment. (Not saying jts not perfect).

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
2. H&K 416 is good but again its heavy thats why devgru is replacing it with noweske which are lighter and more reliable.
3.IwI arad is interesting ,it can support both 300blk and 556 without safety hazard it seems,It is also very light ,Thay have not been tested though ,not in use by any unit I know of.

1.Noweske rifles are light and well built, noweske barrels are considered best in the market ,No unnecessary bullshit, and guns are well tested and respected
2.Kac SR 16 is also considered one of the best fighting rifles built , Kac barrels are also considered best alongside noweske.Also tested in afghan by muricans.
3.IwI arad looks preety good light weight system with usability of both 300blk and 556 with no safety hazard (iwi claim), lets see how it turns out in testing

Disclaimer:- The opinion is presented by a keyboard warrior ,proceed with caution and provide your opinion.
Ever checked the price of Noweske?? Thats fucking high..Sigs and lot other high end ARs could be bought half that amount

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
On of a kind? NSG have identical ranges now, if not slightly more impressive. SPG too
Dude you're taking this too literally .
ACC to Indian Military :
Bhaba Kavach and Shakti BPV is state of the art
Ak-203 is state of the art
The new camo is state of the art
Their new facilities which should be regular in an global unit is state of the art .
They mean it by Indian standards. These things have never been seen by most Indian regulars and civies, so it's new to them and it's easier to impress novice and spread "Hamara Desh Sabse Aage" propaganda.
On the brighter side atleast they are adapting to modern methods

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

IWI Arad has the best chance among all these. Given its metallurgy and durability with fairly lightweight side . It's unbelievable that it looks heavier than DFI's fever dream MCX but is actually 60% of LVAWs weight

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles