Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Why are we still carrying torch lights with us. Isn't the INDIAN ARMY equipped with night vision equipment ?
You cannot have Night Vision in such a mass scale, Search light is better in many ways..

There are thermals for such use and available in Squad size strength...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kunal,

Post the picture of the weapon that can look around corners and get the target!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Cornershot Sought For Rashtriya Rifles

After the National Security Guards and the Indian Navy's MARCOS, it is now the turn of the Indian Army's 65,000-strong Rashtriya Rifles to acquire the Cornershot (see: CornerShot Weapon System - Golan Group - Golan Group is an authorized distributors of The Corner Shot Weapons System) system. Army HQ has issued an RFI calling for technical proposals for a weapon system that can mount an in-service 9mm Pistol 9mm for shooting around the corner without exposing the firer, or with minimum exposure of the firer. It is envisaged to engage targets effectively using traverse firing. The offered system should also be able to mount an in-service (30mm or 40mm) UBGL for shooting around the corner. The selected system is also likely to be licence-assembled by the MoD-owned Ordnance Factories Board, against an order for at least 5,000 units. Several of India's Central Armed Police Forces and state-level Police agencies too are likely to induct another 7,000 such systems in the near future.
Army wants CornerShot capability for pistols, grenade launchers - SP's LandForces

SPIEZ

Country flag
If I remember right Kunal already posted those pics before in another thread :thumb:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I can bet on this one. They are Garud without any doubt. Look at the IAF crest hanging from below chest on the rightmost personnel. In others it is hidden due to their Insas.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
But Para Comm can be recruited from other Units like Garud SF although i am not sure

May be this guy was recruited in Garud SF and then under Para Regiment
Then become sure because its correct. Para commandos can be selected from Garud. Para commandos can also apply for other high rank special forces.
And the given pic is of Garud only. Due to their IAF crest which no other land unit bears.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Not sure about CISF, along with RPF, but I think yes.

CRPF and ITBP are para-military forces.

The only paramilitary Force in India is Assam Rifles and Indian Coast Guard. All others are thulas (police)...

pmaitra

Are these CISF, or MARCOS or Naval Commandos? Or a mix and match of everything?

lemontree

Professional
This is a Navy MARCOS video, not CISF.

Saw a glaring error in the training shots. Wonder if anyone else noticed it.

pmaitra

This is a Navy MARCOS video, not CISF.

Saw a glaring error in the training shots. Wonder if anyone else noticed it.
Not sure what you are talking about, but here's my take:
  • I wouldn't shoot a sniper rifle like that. The scope could hit my face and break my facial bones.
  • I am pretty sure not all of the video is of the Indian Navy. Some of those fellers looked like Russians.

Adux

Country flag
There is a bit of Russians in this one, Note the helmets, and the sniper firing scene. There is a lot of marcos scene's as well as some scenes from para's or ghatak's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles