Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Garud airman wear the "Airman Beret Badge" on the cap. They are also parachute trained, and wear the Operational Paratroopers Brevet above the right pocket. The "Garud Force Patch" can be seen worn on the sleeve. The Garud Commando Badge, which was worn on the right pocket and resembles the NSG badge, is no longer in use. Instead they now have a Garud Winged Badge which is gold in colour and worn on the left chest, similar to where pilot/aircrew wings are worn.

The Garuds used to wear a black beret, instead of the traditional maroon beret of the other Indian Special Forces units, but now wear the maroon beret. They sport the operational paratroopers brevet on the right chest. The formation ensignia is worn on the left shoulder. The Garuds are also entitled to wear "IAF GARUD" titles on the sleeves.
So are you saying he is a Garud..?

If so what is he doing in Para Regiment ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
I think I see the IAF badge on their right chests:
Given that the pic with INSAS is older is it possible for a Garud commando to move into the Para Regt ?

pmaitra

Given that the pic with INSAS is older is it possible for a Garud commando to move into the Para Regt ?
Could be but I am not sure what part of IAF these are from. All I can see is that their badges look very similar to the IAF badge. I cannot be more specific.

Nirvana

If this two guys are same !! the First photo is actually of Garud SF during passing out parade and the 6th one is of Para Comm

Are Garud commandos recruited from Paras ? Wiki says No.
But Para Comm can be recruited from other Units like Garud SF although i am not sure

May be this guy was recruited in Garud SF and then under Para Regiment

Nirvana

Btw the that 6th pic is from this year's Army day i think ??

lemontree

Professional
Yes, it is possible on deputation or cross attachment. It is done sometimes to spread knowledge and experience in new units. the deputation would last for an average of 2 - 3 years.

Reactions: KS

KS

Bye bye DFI
BTW the chick is hot.

Femme Fatale

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If this two guys are same !! the First photo is actually of Garud SF during passing out parade and the 6th one is of Para Comm

But Para Comm can be recruited from other Units like Garud SF although i am not sure

I would be surprised if they were.

Paratroopers of Para Regt are from the Army!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Para Cdos or Para Regt (SF) chaps are not recruited from other units.

Other units personnel have to volunteer to join Para on a permanent basis and get selected and only after probation are they taken in!

Many fall by the wayside in the process.

And even after joining, if they don't meet the standards, they return to the Parent Unit as Non Para Volunteers!

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why are we still carrying torch lights with us. Isn't the INDIAN ARMY equipped with night vision equipment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles