Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They were lightly armed but our comms were not secured and got compromised and whatever the fuck we used to do in Sri Lanka against the LTTE was known to LTTE even before we do it. They got the Intel and then heavily armed themselves after knowing about an air assault. Else normal guards of HVTs carry assault rifles or other small arms and spare mags only. But they got tipped off and they brought in Grenades and literally a few .50 BMGs!!! There was no chance our boys could have do anything good it was a murder of our soldiers by our authorities. And do you all guys know what sucks??? The fact that even today Indian Army doesn’t have secured comms and are using the same they used in Sri Lanka and Kargil and that’s the reason our SF still don’t have COMTACs due to lack of secured comms.
Yeah, on top of that, they had brought in a large number of RPGs and GMPGs as well. It was pretty awful. I would say the Paras got lucky as the LTTEs couldn't spot the first flight in time and couldn't respond in kind. and as for lack of secure comms, DRDO has developed SDRs but I don't know why they haven't been put to use yet.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
IAF should expand its transport fleet aggressively like there should never be shortages of helos if required like American soldiers never have shortages of helos coz they have them in thousands. I think increasing fleet numbers through cheaper alternatives is better.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IAF should expand its transport fleet aggressively like there should never be shortages of helos if required like American soldiers never have shortages of helos coz they have them in thousands. I think increasing fleet numbers through cheaper alternatives is better.
Yeah, and stick to one design and have it mass produced.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah, and stick to one design and have it mass produced.
Yes, Like Navy makes 3-4 ships of each class, Army buys 200 Arjun tanks of each variant and Airforce buys 2-4 Tejas squadrons and then these all 3 start new projects from scratch increasing costs. DRDO will make a T-90 like tank if you ask them to make a light tank I mean a medium weight tank was asked and they gave Army a 68 Tonne monster.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, Like Navy makes 3-4 ships of each class,
Yeah, I don't get the logic behind this practice at all either.
Army buys 200 Arjun tanks of each variant
Arjun is a strange case to be honest. I mean at first, it was meant to be a 45 ton class tank with a 105mm L7 rifled gun and DRDO had in fact, developed a few prototypes based on those specs. But then the Pakistanis started evaluating M1 Abrams which sent a chill down the spine of our Army brass and they immediately canceled their earlier GSQR and drafted a whole new one, which resulted in the development of the present avatar of the MBT Arjun as we see it now. But once it became clear after a few years that the Pakistanis won't be going for the Abrams, the Arjun fell out of favor, as it was deemed unnecessary. And to be honest, the present design of the tank, including the MkIA is wrought with too many design flaws, so I guess procuring the T-90S was the right choice back then.
But we can talk about this in the appropriate thread if you want to.
DRDO will make a T-90 like a tank if you ask them to make a light tank I mean a medium weight tank was asked and they gave Army a 68 Tonne monster.
Well, the Army did draft a pretty unreasonable GSQR if you ask me, so they are as much to blame for as is the DRDO.

Last edited:

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Still one of the better depiction of the uniform in Bollywood.

I have seen Para cap with ASC badges or vice versa.
Avrodh mai paratroopers recon ke liye niklte hai beret aur name plate ke saath😂😂😂 uri mai vicky kaushal ko Superman bna diya, combat free faller+ combat diver+ sg. Bollywood ko kuch khas dushmani hai army walo ke sath especially paratroopers

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Inside the house were terrorist were hiding :- " There was a flash of fire. I was thrown off my feet and fell to the ground. In that moment, I fired back at the shadow, hitting him straight & dropping him right there." 3 bullet hit Maj. Sahab in the face
View attachment 69923
These are men simply cut from a different cloth, respect.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I personally think that the production line of caracal in India is very necessary for our sf, it's time to switch from tavors to rifles like h&k which is being produced by caracal, modern rifles is dire need of sf. Our govt should allow them to mass produce it in India, this will be a step in modernizing special forces.
Any views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles