Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
Yeah, that's the typical 'Indian intel' for you. Expect things to be the complete opposite and usually for the worse than whatever intel' you may have received.
Another thing I read from Maj. Sapru's (i believe a veteran from 9 SF) novel, the beckoning isle, was that infantry unit used to create enough ruckus & noise when SF was deployed at a location, thereby alerting LTTE about the SF's arrival, due to, yes, turf war! apparently, infantry commanders thoroughly resented any success by SF ! and i don't think this incident was a figment of his imagination.

this thing is mentioned without names in Gen. katoch's book as well where an infantry commander refused to allow/operate SF on "his turf"!
no wonder!

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And the good Maj Gen told you this himself..?
As it so happens, I'm simply better at scouring the net for information than you are, grandpa, let's just leave it at that.
As for the 'wipe my ass' comment...speaks volumes of your personal hygiene..!!
Why, you don't wipe yourself after taking a dump??!! Is that an alien concept where you're from?? Where are you from, by the way, some jungle in Jharkhand??

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Another thing I read from Maj. Sapru's (i believe a veteran from 9 SF) novel, the beckoning isle, was that infantry unit used to create enough ruckus & noise when SF was deployed at a location, thereby alerting LTTE about the SF's arrival, due to, yes, turf war! apparently, infantry commanders thoroughly resented any success by SF ! and i don't think this incident was a figment of his imagination.

this thing is mentioned without names in Gen. katoch's book as well where an infantry commander refused to allow/operate SF on "his turf"!
no wonder!
I'm not surprised.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
After reading these posts, I feel the only way SF will modernize and be considered a strategic asset is if the IA gets its own house in order first and start treating SF for what they are - 'special'. If the Army itself treats SF as super infantry meant to get some 'kills' and increase the prestige of a local CO, then no effing way will the politicos ever show interest in sanctioning funds for SF upgrade !!

Phantom sierra

Country flag
After reading these posts, I feel the only way SF will modernize and be considered a strategic asset is if the IA gets its own house in order first and start treating SF for what they are - 'special'. If the Army itself treats SF as super infantry meant to get some 'kills' and increase the prestige of a local CO, then no effing way will the politicos ever show interest in sanctioning funds for SF upgrade !!
IMO the first step would be to reinstate the sf regiment which was disbanded years back. We need to have a clear difference between para airborne and para SF.

Edyk12

Country flag

no wonder!
Can you name the novel?

Thanks

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
By the way, to the one who was wondering whether the good Major General had personally informed me of his disapproval of the decision taken by that Major, here you go -

HKS.png

and here is the link to the rediff interview - https://www.rediff.com/news/2000/apr/01lanka.htm

Now do some reading between the lines and it should be clear how the good General felt about his handling of things.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah, that's the typical 'Indian intel' for you. Expect things to be the complete opposite and usually for the worse than whatever intel' you may have received.
They were lightly armed but our comms were not secured and got compromised and whatever the fuck we used to do in Sri Lanka against the LTTE was known to LTTE even before we do it. They got the Intel and then heavily armed themselves after knowing about an air assault. Else normal guards of HVTs carry assault rifles or other small arms and spare mags only. But they got tipped off and they brought in Grenades and literally a few .50 BMGs!!! There was no chance our boys could have do anything good it was a murder of our soldiers by our authorities. And do you all guys know what sucks??? The fact that even today Indian Army doesn’t have secured comms and are using the same they used in Sri Lanka and Kargil and that’s the reason our SF still don’t have COMTACs due to lack of secured comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles