Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
Well, not according to these folks, it ain't. Here - View attachment 69312
Link - http://www.starwire.in/bppatka.html#:~:text=Variants,weight of the Ballistic Helmet.

In comparison, the upcoming ECP of the US Army is projected to weigh about 3.3 lbs (~1.5 kgs when converted to metrics). So if you feel it's too heavy for you, then it's time for you to hit the gym and train your neck Mr. pencil neck. :D Don't take it as an offense please, I'm one as well and just started neck training less than a month back, so wish me luck.

Sorry but I do not buy that, unless of course you actually want to give credence to the age old Paki rhetoric of Indian soldiers (and Indians in general) being a bunch of veggie eating weak ass pussboys.

Why not when the Patka is not really any heavier than other helmets available in the market??!!

I'm sorry to say this but you sir, have been terribly misinformed.

That's not the fault of the design, now is it??

And because they actually worked very well unlike these 'ultramodern, light-weight' highly comfortable and customizable' MKU helmets that can barely stop a pistol round.
Check this out, the ugly cumbersome jugaad of yours that you speak of with such disdain at play -

And meanwhile, your precious little ballistic helmet -

Yeah, balances out by leaving the wearer completely at the mercy of the lady luck. You know what the problem is with that?? It just so happens that the lady luck is a voluptuous whore and you're gonna find yourself fresh outta cash when you'd need her the most.

Well, can't say anything about that but it is changing with the US Army planning to replace its present ACH with the heavier ECH with Level III ballistic protection being one of the requirements.

You really hate the Patka with a passion, don't you??

Great Post sir, give me sometime to post a reply currently traveling for work and life is hectic. No I don't hate the Patka at all. I just believe that in 2021 we can move beyond this from an SF perspective.

Have worn it myself and have spoken to Dozens of Soldiers and officers (SF and not) on the pros and cons. Will post.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Great Post sir, give me sometime to post a reply currently traveling for work and life is hectic. No I don't hate the Patka at all. I just believe that in 2021 we can move beyond this from an SF perspective.

Have worn it myself and have spoken to Dozens of Soldiers and officers (SF and not) on the pros and cons. Will post.
It will be great to hear your experience with it as well.

Killbot

Country flag
But those would be even heavier than the Patkas, wouldn't they??
Yes. But it provides that much more protection. And the top is prone to ricochets as it is curved. So, it is pretty damn good, if you ask me. And it wouldn't be as heavy as the older patka models.

Immanuel

Country flag
that was uncalled for, you should be banned.
Well, when douchebags disrespect our elite who risk life and limb braving through the harshest of conditions with meagre pay and third world equipment and call them pretend Bollywood commandos, do you expect me to me to be civil? All the while these same douches sit in mama's basement leeching on Daddy's wifi yet they dare insult our finest. Insults can go both ways, these douches insult those who are on the front lines too busy defending against real enemies. If someone has the goat balls to call our finest pretend bollywood commandos, then they certainly won't mind if someone calls them a Paki goat licker in response.

Immanuel

Country flag

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, when douchebags disrespect our elite who risk life and limb braving through the harshest of conditions with meagre pay and third world equipment and call them pretend Bollywood commandos, do you expect me to me to be civil? All the while these same douches sit in mama's basement leeching on Daddy's wifi yet they dare insult our finest. Insults can go both ways, these douches insult those who are on the front lines too busy defending against real enemies. If someone has the goat balls to call our finest pretend bollywood commandos, then they certainly won't mind if someone calls them a Paki goat licker in response.
Which only goes to show how big of a fucking nincompoop you truly are.

1607492739856.gif

1607492739887.gif

1607492739917.gif

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Guys, any opinions about this piece? Here they are saying the 4 para team was ambushed.

Truth is, we do not know for sure how the events unfolded on that fateful day, it's all speculation. He could be right, maybe they were ambushed, or perhaps it was sheer bad luck that the squad fell into the ravine right where the tangos were holed up as the ice overhang they were on just gave in under their weight, although if the latter assumption would beg the question as to why weren't the personnel maintaining proper spacing but I digress. We'll never know.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
well he has written this as well!

View attachment 69840
I tell you what , like they say defeat and victory are part of a game so can be said about war .
You do realize when I say war then , I mean a war not a small skirmish .
People say that in today's time wars will be shorter , I respectfully disagree to an extant for the reason that basics of war which involves minimalising loses of ones own forces while increasing others has always been there.
India has lost many thousand soldiers , in wars of 65 , 71 along with many fighter planes .
When it starts then it starts .
You cannot become heroes in every battle , but try to win at any cost for losing a war might be fatal at many levels .

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was an accident. Trust official sources. But SOF started losing their edge when the expansion began. @rkhanna
I would say they just stopped evolving, or at least the process has become extremely sluggish. I mean, it feels like all they want to do is get the Balidan batch and then walk around with it pinned on their uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles